• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Requesting Screenshots of the Magincian Chapel.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight Developer Mesanna suggested she might be able to recreate the Wedding Chapel lost during the Invasion of Magincia in an alternate location.

To do this she will need screenshots of the Chapel. I intend to gather a portfolio to forward to her.

I encourage those who have screenshots to post them here or Private Message me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had one or two screenshots of the chapel that I made shortly before Magincia was destroyed. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I deleted them along with most of my other UO screenshots several months ago. If I find them again, however, I will post them here.

You may want to ask Petra what became of a UHall thread in which Draconi specifically asked people to post screen shots of buildings/items in Magincia that should be saved. It was dated sometime around mid-October 2007. (See these old posts for proof of the official thread's one-time existence: http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-sonoma/46055-seer-blessed-buildings-items-magincia.html.) Perhaps she can locate it in the archives. Better yet, perhaps Mesanna could send a PM to Draconi and ask him if he kept the screenshots too or somehow copied the structural information to a file to save for the rebuilding efforts.

S

ShockerBleedsKR

this was suppose to be a chapel? i thought it looked more like an altar. haha

C

Cymidei Fier

That was where Judge Dryden and Archimedes the Old were locked in an boxing match for several years. Remember that? It wasn't a wedding chapel so much as a public area.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the wedding chapel was in Fel and the platform outside of it to the east was surrounded by chairs on all four sides, facing inward to the platform and interspersed with flowers and palm trees. (I think the palm trees were a fixed part of the landscape on all shards.) I think the chapel had an ankh on the west side, possibly flanked by tall candelabra; two sections of chairs facing the ankh with an aisle between them and in front of them; and some tables on the north and south ends of the building with books on them. I was only in there a few times a couple of years ago, just poking around Magincia, and I don't remember that there was any kind of platform where the ankh and candelabra were. Never saw any weddings performed there or anything...was always very quiet in Magincia unless we were doing faction stuff.

In Trammel, I don't think there was anything special inside of the large building. However, the platform in front of it to the east was roped off and you could see two characters perpetually fighting each other.