• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reptalon question

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, ok...yeah yeah I know...you probably think Reptalons are crap. Now that you've got that out of your system I'll ask my question.

I love the Reptalons. I want to find one that can be trained up to its maximum cap value of: 120.0 wrestling & 110.0 tactics. I've been informed that when wild a Reptalon of 134.0 wrestling can be trained up to the 120.0 cap. But I have found no-one that knows the value cap of tactics when wild that will allow it to reach its cap value when fully trained. Anyone able to tell me that number?

-Hagrid
of
-Catskills

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am quite (and I mean quite) uninformed, but I was under the impression that a creature can be trained up to 90% of its original skills, which would jive (yeah, I used jive there) with the 134--at 133, its max would be 119.7, while 134 gives it a max of 120.6.

So, according to my gorilla math, you'd need 122 tactics before taming to reach 110 fully trained.

Again--I could be dead wrong.

J

Jirsa

I love the Reptalons. I want to find one that can be trained up to its maximum cap value of: 120.0 wrestling & 110.0 tactics.
Hi,

Maximum post taming values for the Reptalon are (after training):

Stats:
STR: 512
DEX: 125
INT: 290
HP: 500

Resists:
65-45-45-65-85

Skills:
108 Wrestling
100 in Tactics, Resist and Anatomy

regards
Jirsa

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm. Jirsa...I ask you how certain you are? I am going to take a screenshot of the printout I got from: uocraft, according to it the wrestling and tactics should be 120.0/110.0 I'm just wondering if there was an update that I missed?

Thank you both for the feedback...hopefully the gorilla math is the correct answer....hehe.

J

Jirsa

[...]according to it the wrestling and tactics should be 120.0/110.0 I'm just wondering if there was an update that I missed?
Yes, that´s right pre-taming.
But 110 x 0,9 = below 100, so 100 is max.
The same calculation with 120 Wrestling will give 120 x 0,9 = 108.

regards
Jirsa

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question...what is meant by: 0,9 why do you use zero . nine? or was that the updated math? Please don't get frustrated with me. I just wonder when 0.9 became the number to divide by?

And I need all the feedback I can get with the reptalons. As they are my personal favorite. :)

Thanks a bundle. =-D

-Hagrid
of
-Catskills

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob I think Jirsa missunderstood the question. She is taking 90 percent of what you are trying to attain after training. I would also like to point out that multiplying ( X )any number by 0.9 is how you would find out what 90 percent of that value is.

I am not sure of the 90 percent of pretaming and have just heard rumors on the boards about it. I also do not know what the pretaming max skills of the reptalon are.

Sorry cant help there

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm. Zamot, thank you very much for taking the time to reply. At this point from all the help and answers I have received from the boards I'm convinced that no one person has the answer that I seek. http://www.uocraft.com/calc_pets.php was my best source of info. But may possibly have been nerfed after the original release of Mondain's Legacy. The best source I was going after were the figures found at: http://vm.or.tp/ve/ Does anyone know how up to date the site is?

I hope maybe I'll be lucky enough to get the attention of the devs on this question...or at least someone who has an indisputable answer. Not that I dont' appricate all the feedback that everyone has given me. Thank you all for your responses...I'm going to get to the bottom of this yet. =-)

-Hagrid
of
-Catskills

J

Jirsa

OK, again ;-)

All pets that have values above GM in a skill can be trained up to 90 percent post taming in that specified skill.
If for example the max numbers of a Reptalon are pretamed 120 wrestling and 110 Tactics, you can train him up again to 108/100 after taming him.

The same calculation for a Rune Beetle.
They have a pre taming max of 140 poison and 125 Eval Int. So after taming and training they can have 126 Poison and 112,5 Eval Int.

Or Greater Dragons:
Pre taming Wrestling 145; Tactics, Resist and Magery 140 each so after taming and training Wrestling 130,5 and the other 3 skills 126 each.

Got me?

regards
Jirsa

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, ok. Thank you Jirsa. It takes me a while to "get it" sometimes. Sorry if I seem a bit slow. I understand now and am going to use your formula to hopefully find a reptalon with 120.0 wrestling (pre-tame). I was thinking to myself, and I guess it would be more beneficial to have a reptalon with greater wrestling skill and maybe not max hp. Of coarse if I have get the option to have both, then even better.

Of everything I learn in UO I still learn more on nearly a day to day basis. I'll need to try to contact uocraft sometime and see if I can ask them to more easily post the max values of the pets post tamed/trained. And the formula that you shared with me. ^.^

Thank you again, you have been a wealth of knowledge in the pet dept.

-Hagrid
of
-Catskills

A

Azazel of LA

I wish the Reptalon would get some love from the devs. Out of all the high end pets , they are the most useless in combat. I love mine and have it fully trained , but if Im going into battle hes staying at home. I just think saying its a 4 slot pet , it leaves alot of room for improvement.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the Reptalon would get some love from the devs. Out of all the high end pets , they are the most useless in combat. I love mine and have it fully trained , but if Im going into battle hes staying at home. I just think saying its a 4 slot pet , it leaves alot of room for improvement.

Azazel, I couldn't have put it any better. But, isn't the reptalon a better all around mount than the full hiryu is? But yeah...I've been begging/whining for over a year now for the devs to do something to improve the reptalon. They nerfed the reptalons paralyze before letting him out of his cage in test center. Would it be so much to ask to up their hp to match the cu? I know, I could go on and on. I'm glad I'm not the only reptalon lover though Azazel. :)

-Hagrid
of
-Catskills