• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Pack Dragons Killed; Drow Cave Invaded (Wednesday 26th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pack Dragons Killed; Drow Cave Invaded

Nathan Hawke appeared from his magical bookcase at 8oclock on the dot, Took one look at a corpse on the floor of his office, Then back up at the crowd.

Nathan Hawke: "No it's not me down there, And no I didn't!"
Nathan asked the Guardsmen of Yew if they would not mind a few non magical gates this evening, They agreed and Nathan got to business.

Before he outlined the mission he warned us the the mission was to rescue miners down in the Drow Cave, Anyone seen attacking them would be dealt with severely.

Nathan Hawke: "My latest intelligence is somewhat concerning, The Dark Elves have let it slip that tonight they are planning to increase their breeding stock of dragons."
Traveler asked if these dragons would be Blackrock infected, Nathan said he wasn't sure, The Dark Elves were looking for dragons to breed from, specifcally the dragon in Covetous named Sudiva.

Nathan opened up a gate to Covetous and we walked down the stairs to Sudiva's Lair.

The lair was full of the toughest tamers you will ever meet! *grin* People continued to pile down the stairs as Energy Vortexes appeared and dragons roared into action.

Once the Dark Elves had been killed people turned to Sudiva.

It was clear we weren't going to kill Sudiva and attention quickly turned to a Guardian Box in the middle of the cave, Inside a book and a local map of an island.

The book inside when translated read:

IUHW Elvrae Password Map, Three more letters.

Traveler translated the password with the decoding book we found last week to mean 'FRET'.

Nathan then looked at the map and opened up a gate to the island, Unsure of what to expect, I tailed back and went in the moongate slowly.

The island seemed quiet, However just a tad north was a large red Pack Dragon swooping towards us, Sadly, It had to be killed.

With three Pack Dragons killed the group ran North West and found another pair of Pack Dragons guarding a similar box we found in the Sudiva Lair.

With the Pack Dragon Guardians killed Nathan opened the box, Inside another Drowish book. Translated it read:

BXS Elvrae Below Bald Isle
Nathan used the decoder book again and using the four letters from earlier the password 'FRETYUP' was formed. Using the translation he assumed we should head to Bald Island and swiftly opened a moongate.

On Bald Island everyone used the word 'Dig' on the shovel to get inside a cave, Then standing ontop of the Drow Hole saying Fretyup transported us to a deep cavern below the island.

Deep in the cavern were Blackrock Infected Dragons mixed with the miners, The battle was tough as folks grouped up with each dragon until it fell, Others tried to help the miners escape the battle in the cave.

With corpses of the miners littering the cave Nathan suggested we head back to the Counsellor's Hall in Britain to recap what had happened.

At the Counsellor's Hall three Miners had survived, Alec, Norman and Alphonso.

Nathan Hawke recapped the events that had happened, Mainly for the Vesperians who had arrived late.

After explaining Aron Swordmaster asked if we should be concerned about what lies beyond the impassable rocks in the Blackrock Mines we had invaded.

Nathan Hawke: "That is a very good point. Over the next few days I think it will make sense to keep an eye out for any way to enter the other holes"
The evening ended with Nathan taking his leave, The future ahead seems to involve striking at these dragons and finding ways to gain access to the other holes.

EM Emile Layne confirmed 10 Blackrock Pickaxes dropped among the Dragons.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice report Mapper and congratulations HelvitisHundurin on the pick axe.
I must admit I came away very dissapointed after last nigts event. It was the normal use the people who check out and gather information night after night over weeks to get the biggest hitters to their rewards and we watch yet again whilst the gold diggers cash in on most of Europas history. The whole object of the mission was to rescue slaves so why not have rewarded those that saved a slave instead of just dropping stuff on the dragons. All the best to the regulars on fututre events as I'm not sure when I can be bothered to join in again to be continualy slapped in the face like this.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You shouldnt give up on events just because of this. I know that the items should ideally be given to the ones who made the most effort on the events, but I think two things can be changed for future events to solve some of the problems:

The npcs to be rescued should be invulnerable and not just plain blue npcs. Because the EVs and the RCs kill these Npcs even if they're already hired. (which was the case for me yesterday)

Things like passwords should NOT be told by the EMs. They should be figured out by the players and thus only the players who followed the storyline and crack the code of the books with the available information can enter the future areas. While this wont prevent the players who just sleep through the important clues and just wake up to kill the monsters for loot, (since they can get the passwords from other players), it will at least make the players who participated in every stage of the story to enter these areas before the players who are just there for items.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the report Mapper!
Rl issues kept me from attending, and it´s good to know what happened. Too bad only three of the miners survived though...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On other side, next time you'll complain about "some players, they are EM friends for sure, know more than others".

T

Trevelyan

Logged in today, seems Norman and Alec were quite fond of me still! :D