• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Opening Wally Swiftknife's Box

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At Colonel Clegg's Office in Serpent's Hold where a group were debriefing him on clues they had found regarding the mysterious box, currently outside Cleggs office in. A clue led them to Mistas where the key was located!

Excited Clegg opened a gate for the short trek to Mistas.

In a wooden box at Mistas Clegg opened it and slowly took out the key and showed it to the group.

A quick gate back to his office and he wasted no time in inserting the key into the old rusty lock.

*Click!* Finally the chest was open, Inside a Journal:

I found it when I was just a young swashbuckler, looking for a crew to join in the harbour of Buccaneer's Den. It was entirely accidental...I was at the tavern with Captain Blackheart and after a few drinks... well nature called. I must have entered the wrong door cause next thing I knew I was in some sort of cave. I went around a corner to relieve myself.

The rum had done more than fill my bladder though. When I wanted to turn back, I found myself lost. For hours I wandered though what seemed an endless system of caves, until I could go no further.

That place will come in handy now. It's perfect for hiding things...
A very short discussion confirmed that the Journal's Story was talking about the Tavern in Buccaneer's Den.

Inside the tavern a secret door down some creepy stairs led to the underground tunnels! Clegg asked the group to split up and find whatever Wally was hiding.

Through a secret door a lower tunnel was found FULL of spiders!

Once the spiders had been defeated in the tunnel were four locked chests, Clegg said that according to the laws of treasure and all that, the first person to find the key owned the treasure. So the group quickly rushed around the small cavern looking for clues to find keys for the four chests.

-----------------------------------------------------

The only key search I was able to see, Thanks to Aron, was the final one.

Curses! How could I have been so stupid? It just slipped, fell right
from my hands! And as if that wasn't bad enough... some horrific creature swallowed it! But I'll retrieve it. If it's the last thing I do!

Luckily we saw where it swam off to: 49o 56'N, 58o 34'E
The coordinates in the book were near Cove, So boarding Aron's Orc Ship, We set sail!

At the location a nasty creature, A Scalis, Was found! Surely the key had to be on it? After dragging it to land Clegg and a larger group of fighters arrived and a large scale battle began.

After a very long deadly battle the beast was killed!

On the corpse, Ailea from [ELV] was lucky in finding the final key to one of the chests.

Back at the cavern Ailea sucessfully used the key to open the final chest.

Inside the four chests were the following:

A Scroll Engraved: "Say the magic words and you will be drawn in. Hold your breath! It's a wild ride..."

A Deed Engraved: "Moonlit Whirlpool"

A broken clock and a book saying: "The clock appears to be broken. The time it indicates i Sunday 8pm."

And finally a book named "The Burning of Trinsic"

Clegg suggested everyone meet at Trinsic Moongate on Sunday at 8pm UK time to see what the four clues could possibly mean!

Also given out during the event were these Jin-Baori's:

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Was also given out Hat aswell to the people who got the keys.

Shirt and hat like there was displayed on table.

But nice report

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I still think that EM needs to think about the events a lot more, but Emile said it went as planned. I just think he doesnt seem to see it from everyones point-of-view.

When the Cordinations was found in those 4 places, some already went there ahead while others followed the storyline with Clegg coming down to the place where the 4 treasures was and telling us to find the keys (a few minutes after the first cordinations was found)
So then some of us went out to find the keys but imagine some people already been there and nobody said where they found the key. So why bother listen to the storyline and what EM says anymore when we should just go where it tells us to go.

I get Private Message from EM when I "ruined" their Storyline by gating to the starting place of the Defiler, so I can't make sense of it...

I guess its just different ways of looking at things and wanting and hoping the events will run or is planned.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Key for "Moonlit Whirlpool" was found using coordinates from rolled map. Starting location was 48o 30s 114o 7e, where found scroll with next coordinates, next, next, next, and finally key was inside crate.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the pics ET and the details on that other key Traveler. :)

Wolfrat

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fantastic report, Mapper.

I missed most of the action so your chronicle of events is much appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to Mapper for a comprehensive report once more!

To fill in a few of the gaps, although I didn't see any but the Scalis either, the 4 clues were;

1.) A map, with the following location.

That's near the Painted Cave of the Troggs (North of Trinsic)

1.a) (Possibly?) A book on top of the map. It read;

Local Map
by Captain Wally Swiftknife

*A black tree is drawn
at the center of the
map. On the back is some
writing*

N22
E101
S56

W28
S40
E28
S64
W31
S18
W93
S38

Europa Trader owns
Those look like steps you had to follow from the tree, perhaps at the map location given above? And when completed, "a wild Europa Trader appears!". Or maybe not; perhaps EM Emile simply forgot to red leaf that book!

2.) A pile of scrolls, one of which listed co-ordinates when moused over.

I've put a small X on roughly where those co-ordinates where; the island is what is known as "Skull Island", just to the East off Buccaneers Bay. I did not get to explore this, so I cannot tell you any more.

3.) Inside the shelving, a Small Black Book;

A Small Black Book

Surrounded by water
House of evil
All now tremble with fear
Magic creatures abound

Even the spirits are
afraid....
Not a clue on this one I'm afraid, and no one explained in chat where it was.

4.) On the far west, a table with another book on it, as well as the shirt and hat that would later be the prizes for those who got the keys.

A scrap of paper

Curses! How could I have
been so stupid?
It just slipped, fell right
from my hands! And as if
that wasn't bad enough...
some horrific creature
swallowed it!
But I'll retrieve it. If it's

the last thing I do!

Luckily we saw where it
swam off to:

49o 56'N, 58o 34'E
This one sounded the most interesting to me, so I went to explore this first. The co-ordinates placed it right in the middle of Loch Lake, the lake around the city of Cove. I sailed there on my Ork ship on Aron, but there was nothing there at first. Chatting in Event, Curunir and I agreed we should perhaps try a fisherman, so I got my Legendary fisher Nemo Herringwary out (bonus points if you spot the pun in his name :p ) and recalled back to my ship...

At first, the RNG confused me, as fishing on the exact spot pulled two Big Fish in a row on the first casts (the fish with name and weight and date recorded) but after that I got a lot of rubbish... so I started fishing around the spot. As I was trying to tell Event chat what I was seeing, suddenly... a wild Scalis appeared! Osireadon popped off the port bow, and I said "ARRGHH HELP!" instead, and immediately hit the Forward Left icon to get away! Yaaargh, Nemo not be up to fightin' such mighty fishin stuff! And Clegg asked what was wrong, as if he didn't know, the cheeky rascal! (I believe Emile spawned it on me when he realised there was someone at the co-ordinates, as I wasn't actually fishing the same spot Osireadon appeared on)

I beached my ship on the coast line to the west, as I tried to escape. I then managed to jam Osireadon against the coast with my ship, and I recalled home and logged Aron back in to start gating people to the boat so we could fight him, only to find Osireadon had gone missing again; I searched the entire bay only to find he'd despawned, presumably on a server line we thought at the time. Thinking about it today, it must be the Guardian code which was kicking in, as they return to the start point if they walk too far away from it. "[11/08/25][21:01:03] [<49367690>Colonel Clegg]: Aron, he's right where he's supposed to be" was the response from Emile during the event when I mentioned I couldn't locate him near where I'd taken him, so I went back to the co-ordinates and found him there once more.

I tried to lure him twice into Cove bay from the start point, but he despawned both times just as you entered the mouth of the bay, so that plan was out.

By this time a few people were recalling into Cove so I could get them onto my ship, and we found him for the fourth time back at the co-ordinate spot. This is the attempt that Mapper came on, and he kindly started taking pictures of; Osireadon apparently is a little shy however, and wasn't best pleased with all this publicity, so he massacred us all when we landed on the beach opposite again, and we had to use Help > Stuck to get off the boat, with the attendant delay and my apologies for the wait.

When we returned to the ship, we found him still jammed in place for a little while, but he despawned yet again after about 5 minutes. Heading back to the sea for the fifth time, he wasn't at the start point, but it turned out this was because Corporal Clegg had brought his own ship to sea by now, and collected the rest of the Event participants, and Osireadon was tagging along behind him. So I steered my vessel after Clegg, and Clegg landed just at the southern tip of the Britain swamps; this time he was within acceptable range of Osireadon's start location, and the final fight began!

As you can see in Mapper's pictures, I moved my vessel to sandwich Osireadon between the two, and then a few more Classic ships came to join in and block the end areas. One of them was a chap from PWAL (I forgot your name, sorry). As the battle raged, and the shifty slippery Scalis once more showed that even physical objects like boats are no impediment to his skitterish escape obsessed artificial intelligence, a few doubts were expressed, but we were encouraged to greater efforts;

[11/08/25][21:24:05] [<23100121>Europa Trader]: ehm didnt we try this before where it took 5 hours to kill ?
[11/08/25][21:24:30] [<49367690>Colonel Clegg]: I have faith in you guys :)
One further problem was that, where we were parked, you couldn't get off the boats back to the shore, except from one particular rope (front right of Cleggs boat, everything else was out of range), and people were trying to set up a field hospital there; but it seems they naturally moved to the rear of both the big boats and continued to resurrect, at great personal risk due to all the Parasite Eels, for which I am sure we all were thankful for!

And then... a remarkable stroke of luck! In Mapper's third-to-last picture, you can see Osireadon in the spot he died; he appeared to get stuck there, which was the perfect place to melee him, and pets on the ships prow were able to cast on him without taking aura or physical damage. From that point on, he got absolutely murdered, and went from around 60% hp as I recall it to do dead within a few minutes. I joked at the time it was actually moving my tiller lady up to the prow to spam "Arr, we be scuttled!" at him that finished him off really...

But look at this! Look at the results of the final fight in naval terms; EMILE U CHEATZING HAXXOR!

Returning to the house, which was originally Wally Swiftknife's, Colonel Clegg claimed it for Britannia (and made it private so only the key holders could come in, without everyone covering the chests); I'm not sure who the previous key holders were, but despite my pleas, Ailea did not steal Clegg's wooden leg for use in repairing my ship!

And yes, Clegg confirmed the next event's time and location;

[Colonel Clegg]: See you all on Sunday, 8pm at Trisic West Gate to continue the hunt!

K

Kou (DoT)

3.) Inside the shelving, a Small Black Book;

A Small Black Book

Surrounded by water
House of evil
All now tremble with fear
Magic creatures abound

Even the spirits are
afraid....
Not a clue on this one I'm afraid, and no one explained in chat where it was.
I explained this one (although not all that well) in this little report.
The house surrounded by water was in Shame (level 3, I think, filled with evil mage types).

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The follow up event that was scheduled for tonight has been postponed due to some technical difficulties. The next meeting with Colonel Clegg will be: Tuesday, 30th of August, 8pm at the West Gate of Trinsic.