• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Miner Rescue Practice (Tuesday 27th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Nathan Hawkes was taking time out due to an injury he attained last week when the Royal Guard gutted out the last remaining Drow Mine Fynn Barrett requested the Royal Guard assemble this week at the usual place, The Counsellor’s Hall in Britain.

Fynn arrived on the dot but seemingly he had forgot to put the right 'face' on..

Once that issue had been sorted he began to speak with a frown.

Fynn Barrett: "Nathan Hawke has charged me with the rescue operation (of the drow mine). You see... I looked over some reports of rescue missions in the past and the results were less than stellar..."

Iljian: "Polite way to they: 'all dead' "

Fynn Barrett: "Indeed Iljian... the success rates have been appalling.
Yelena Lockheart said the issue was mainly down to mages being unable to control their summons, Such as Energy Vortexes or Blade Spirits.

Fynn agreed and stated that these problems, along with outright murders from some members of the Royal Guard were the reason why he had gathered us; we would not be rescuing the miners today, but practising!

On asking if we had time to practice, Fynn said without practice the miners would die, However not mentioning at all if the trapped miners had enough water or supplies to wait out whilst we ‘practiced’ !

Fynn Barrett had asked the help of the Royal Guard division of Tokuno to play the part as the ‘resistance’, the baddies if you like. We would have to rescue the miners then, without killing them, free them from the baddies, it sounded all very simple…

The room split into two groups and unfortunately I had decided on being lazy and moved just a few steps to the west of the room, something I would regret later.

Fynn opened a gate to a dungeon room filled with miners.

Sadly it took four attempts from the EM respawning the miners and a harbinger before some people in my group began to understand the miners were not supposed to be killed.

A short while after, the room exploded as the corridor was opened up and the practice session began!

Sadly a little later through the battle my miner stepped into a lethal poison field and died.

At this point I ran ahead and found myself amongst the other group of people who stood on the east side of the Counsellor’s Hall. They were doing much better at keeping the miners alive by using stone walls and paralyze fields to keep the miners and baddies separated.

The battle progressed through a room of moongates and round twisty dungeon corridors.

Finally at the end of the corridor Fynn gathered everyone up, only two people had managed to keep two miners alive.

Congratulations to Pyros who rescued Rica and to Acantha who rescued Sacha!

Fynn congratulated them and then dismissed everyone for the evening.

------------------------------------------------

Hopefully someone who was on the east team can fill in what happened on their side during the time I was not there!

Thanks! :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As usual, Mapper seems to have got the salient points, but just some of the minor miner details for those who weren't there!

We were locked in with this Guardian Locked box. It couldn't be opened so I couldn't see inside, and I presume the Guardians themselves were spawned elsewhere, where we couldn't get at them;

It was trying to cast over the box, to keep spawn back with an Energy Vortex that someone, no names mentioned, accidentally killed 2 miners for the East team before we started. Our progress was much more sensible after that as Mapper mentioned, and until we got to the final part, I was putting my Bane Dragon in front of the miners to keep them hidden too. But by the time we got to the central room, the other team was casting vortexes everywhere, presumably as all their miners were all already dead... so I swapped to picking up the roving aggro directly instead.

These next two maps show the paths we took; we were in different arms for the first one, but all came down the right to find the final location, as all the central moongates seemed to warp to there.

And here are screenshots of the two saviours and their charges;

C

cheerful

I've just received a message from the trapped miners...

"the work is arduous and we are being treated with great cruelty with barely enough food to keep us alive, but at least we are alive so for mercy's sake please dont attempt a rescue mission"

A

Acantha

Unfortunately i was also in the team where they didn't understand to not kill the miners. It took several attempts to get a servant alive with me, but after all i managed to get one out of it! =)

What would have happend if i was on the other side? rolleyes:

A :thumbsup: for Pyros for keeping another alive!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately i was also in the team where they didn't understand to not kill the miners. It took several attempts to get a servant alive with me, but after all i managed to get one out of it! =)

What would have happend if i was on the other side? rolleyes:

A :thumbsup: for Pyros for keeping another alive!
I wish I had seen you, I would have tried to help keep it alive. Seems you did just fine without me! :p

Congrats again.