• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Meeting with Fynn Barrett [05/08/2010]

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for this, Nice to see what happened the other side of the caverns!

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps maybe someone will write a more extended report? rolleyes:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't give an exact report, but I will describe what I saw and hopefully fill in some of the gaps.

Firstly, the day started with 2 people messing around with the fact that the Ophidian potions now flag you in trammel as attackable; the usual pre-event nonsense, but something I mention bearing in mind the denouement later... The event location was the same one as the previous, non-training miner event. The password to enter the tunnels again was "carnipt", and once inside I instantly recognised it as being the same, so ran straight to where the banner with the Dark Elf swords were stored.

I then proceeded to gate people in from West Britain Bank if they couldn't find their way in, whilst some people started hitting the boulder with pick axes. Some either missed, or mined Iron from it as at that one point Fynn asked people to remove the "spoils", iron ore which was covering the floor.

An explosion then opened up the hole, but it seems most of us in the Enhanced Client couldn't get through it; at one point I managed in it, by getting to the extreme right of it, and running North West at it. But I wasn't able to repeat it the other direction to show those still stuck, and at one point fell through my own gate out to WBB again, and had to be gated back to the far side. I apologise if anyone didn't get there, I kept opening gates for a while still, but some of you may not have seen them.

From there, we faced off against the mutated miners, dark elves with poisonousness acid blood and guardian Hounds as before; if you can see a bane dragon in the screen shots, that's me, and I would usually be under it as very few people died this time out and required a ressurection. And probably few deaths for the same reason that we took so, so long to clear spawn; the Guardians kept resetting to their start position, so people would chase them up screen, get in a few hits, they'd vanish and then everyone would stand around thinking this was where the spawn was being fought now... However as before, people insisted for what ever reasons to cast Energy Vortexes... *sighs*

Once we cleared the bottom part of the area, we conversed with a miner (who was auto responding to his name!) who suggested he'd seen a friend go upstairs , but he may have been killed, so we followed him there at our own risk. Fynn and Ka'shar went back to the Councillors and left the saved NPCs over at the inn to the left... I believe 3 in total might have been saved, which was a miracle, but one later undone by the fact that at least 1 recalled with someone back into the fight (Ka'Shars I think?) and got killed, and someone mentioned theirs followed them and got stuck in their house? Either way, Ka'shar was asked to stay and protect them, which he did until we were half way through the fight, but by the time we all returned, only 1 was left alive in the inn.

The second part, up the stairs was exceptionally slow due to the teleporting guardians as mentioned. There were also the Dark Elf Diseased Dragons in the second part too. Player "Thor", of LAD fame seemed to be ahead of it all the way around, noticing the chest which apparently was guarded inside the one way-teleporting Moongate at the top of the ladder, and working out the password for the iron gates which he kindly broadcast to all whilst most of us were still killing spawn by the gates still. I didn't see it, but did get into the one way room, and get stuck for a while with many others, until an explosion removed some of the central stones to the north to let us out again. Timed or EM triggered I don't know, but it was some time after the final spawn died before we could move on.

The password for the gates then was "m'Rin ulu videnn" but it was mightily misspelled for the rest of the evening by many poor stuck souls, as the capitalization counted!

Once through the gates, there were the area-deadly poisoning lizards and more teleporting guardians, this time spiders. And then what I think was the most confusing part, the teleport tiles... not until Thor said in chat that we weren't supposed to end up in the snake part did most of us realise it was a trap. Indeed it seems for the rest of the evening, a pretty large majority stayed in there fighting, not realising the snakes would endlessly respawn...

Remember I mentioned the messing about at the start? Well, it came as no surprise that the same anti-social names we saw there were also running back and forth over the teleporters as if they weren't there in turn... and also trying to troll others by claiming "It's all about how fast you run across!" That slowed people down a little too as they then tried to duplicate the same illegal feat, and got sent into the snakes time and time again. It may also have confused people because part of the solution did involve a long run...

We could have solved it a lot quicker if we'd have gathered up and taken each safe step as a group, and then 4 people step in each direction to locate the next safe square, but by then everyone, including myself we getting a little frustrated from the constant fighting so no one thought to suggest it. In the end, the solution was this as I recall (using one of SirZ's shots);

I worked it out by watching where people near where I'd last gotten to vanished, and then memorized it to get across... I presume others did too, but there was only me telling anyone else what the solution was once known; we really should try helping each other out more, as it seems the EMs have shifted to mass awards for all those participating (which I think is fairer and approve of) so we don't need to worry other's will get something we do not... I am not sure when the EM took over the yellow named miner, but it wasn't much before I arrived to join the group already there. He thanked us all, and asked to be taken to see his comrades. I asked if a gate to the Councillors Hall would be acceptable, and he agreed, so I gated the people there out.

We then went to the inn and discovered, as mentioned, a fair few of the survivors had vanished. We stood by the table and chatted a little, after which the miner gated us to Star Room Trammel again, for an award ceremony. We got this reward;

And that basically was it... I have to admit I was exhausted all through the event, as it's been a tough few weeks in real life, so I tended to just joke through out rather than roleplay, and I may have missed a number of events (I didn't see the chest at all), but that's what I can remember.... hope you found it interesting!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't give an exact report, but I will describe what I saw and hopefully fill in some of the gaps.
I cant but see the lack of details in this short report: Miners' names and the long form of "LAD" are a few. Please try to give an exact report next time. :)