• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Lady Dawn Crowned Queen

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the event benches were setup for the crowd that were due at 8pm sharp.

After a short walk from East Side Park, Lady Dawn arrived at the castle.

Archbishop Thomas began the ceremonies.

Expand the spoiler below to read the full ceremony.
Thomas: "I present to you, Queen DAWN, your undoubted Queen. Wherefore all you who come this day to do your homage and service. Are you willing to do the same?

GOD SAVE QUEEN DAWN

Is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?"

Dawn: "I am willing"

Thomas: "Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the peoples of Sosaria to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"

Dawn: "I solemnly promise so to do"

Thomas: "Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, In Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?"

Dawn: "I will"

Thomas: "Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of the lands and the true profession of the avatar?"

Thomas: "Will you maintain and preserve peace within the Kingdom?"

Thomas: "Will you maintain the army in a state of readiness should evil attack our lands?"

Thomas: "Will you promise to listen to the words of the people and take their just counsel?"

Thomas: "Will you promise to faithfully perform these actions in time of prosperity and famine with equal vigour?"

Dawn: "All this I promise to do, The things which I have here promised, I will perform and keep. So help me."

Thomas: "Behold, O Avatar our defender and look upon the face of thine Anointed. For one day in thy courts, Is better than a thousand elsewhere. Almighty Avatar, unto whom all hearts be open all desires known and from whom no secrets are hid. Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts and may the virtues be the inspiration of thy ways that we perfectly love thee and worthily magnify thy name through the Avatar. Amen."

'Amen' bellowed throughout the crowd.

Thomas: "O Avatar who providest for thy people by thy power and rulest over them in love. Grant unto this thy servant DAWN, our Queen. The spirit of wisdom and government that being devoted unto thee with her whole heart she may so wisely govern that in her time thy Church may be in safety and true devotion may continue in peace that so perservering in good works unto the end. Amen."

The Archbishop took the holy oil out of his pack and poured oil onto her hand.

Thomas: "Be thy hands anointed with holy oil. Be thy Breast anointed with holy oil. Be thy head anointed with holy oil, as kings, preists and prophets were anointed."

The archbishop then removed the Royal Sword of Protection from his pack and handed it to Dawn.

Thomas: "Hear our prayers, O Avatar, we beseech thee and so direct and support thy servant. Queen DAWN that she may not bear the sword in vain but may use it as thee minister of the virtues, for the terror and punishment of evildoers and for the protection and encouragement of those that do well through the Avatar and his teachings. Amen."

Thomas then removed the Rod of Equity and Mercy from his pack and handed it to Dawn.

Thomas: "Receive the Rod of Equity and Mercy, Be so merciful that you be not to remiss so execute justice that you forget not mercy. Punish the ticked protect and cherish the just and lead your people in the way wherein they should go.

O Avatar the Crown of the faithful."

Dawn bowed her head

Thomas dug further into his pack and removed the crown.

Thomas: "Bless we beseech thee this Crown and so sanctify thy servant DAWN upon whose head this day tho dost place it for a sign of royal majesty, that she may be filled by thine abundant grace with all princely virtues. AMEN."

Dawn: "Amen"

Archbishop Thomas then placed the crown on Queen Dawns head.

Thomas: "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN"

After the speech Queen Dawn told us to help ourselves to drinks and food at the back of the room.

O

o Kraken o

Nice report Mapper. Thank you!
I did not manage to get to the coronation myself.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice report and an interesting evening. Can't say I found the 'Archbishop' particularly impressive though.

(There's a 'Church' of the Virtues, with organised and ranked clergy? New one on me, and I can't say I think much of the concept, but still....).

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice report and the Ceremony was pretty well done too. Of course the children got a bit bored near the end when the obligatory Blue Monster put in an appearance but overall the attendees were much better behaved than in many cases in the past. Well done EMs.

K

Kiminality

(There's a 'Church' of the Virtues, with organised and ranked clergy? New one on me, and I can't say I think much of the concept, but still....).
I don't believe so.
However, with most coronations being performed by/involving an archbishop (representing a power greater than the monarchy), there is no easy alternative.
The virtues are the only thing approaching a "church" in UO, although there is no formally established "order" surrounding them. Whatever the representative of the virtues was called, they wouldn't really have existed, as a result of this lack.