• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Replicas not insurable for a period of time?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone said this in another thread, that replicas will be non-insurable for a period of time after they are granted.

Does someone know where a member of the team said this?

I make no argument about whether this is a good idea or not, I just wish to be as prepared as I can be for this Publish.

So does someone know if a team member actually said, or implied, this?

-Galen's player

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mystery is good for the spirit ... although perhaps not for the sanity of the bug-reporting database.

K

Kiminality

My guess would be that it comes from the comment that they would "be stealable for a short time", referring to the time to insure.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess would be that it comes from the comment that they would "be stealable for a short time", referring to the time to insure.
Makes sense; thank you.

I'm betting they'll be like Doom artifacts where half of them like to spawn under a runebook or something.

-Galen's player

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone said this in another thread, that replicas will be non-insurable for a period of time after they are granted.

Does someone know where a member of the team said this?

I make no argument about whether this is a good idea or not, I just wish to be as prepared as I can be for this Publish.

So does someone know if a team member actually said, or implied, this?

-Galen's player
That was Regine talking about a POSSIBLE change for theives.

B

Beastmaster

Do we really want them playing with the insurance code in this manner?

Do we not have enough insurance bugs already?

Remember, coding these things is never as easy as it sounds on UHall.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should it require any tinkering with the insurance code? A potentially solution would be to have a cursed property with a timer on replicas. They already have the ability to put timer on items (boss keys). Then while the item is cursed it would work like the current cursed items which cannot be insured. No tinkering with insurance.

Seems doable but of course it is impossible to tell for sure without knowing the code.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you can only get them in the Tram ruleset as well it's not a big deal. The only reason to do Fel is powerscrolls and the higher value skill scrolls.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you can only get them in the Tram ruleset as well it's not a big deal. The only reason to do Fel is powerscrolls and the higher value skill scrolls.
Well, you get them at any champ spawns and something for the harrower. Regine wasn't clear on the harrower replicas but all champ spawns will drop these.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've implied there'll be Harrower-only items.

Also.....Anyone who has done the Trammel-rules spawns can tell you that spawn-wise they are much harder than are the Felucca-rules spawns. In Ilshenar you have Paragons. The other spawns are all unique, none of them are easy. The terrain is often unfavorable on all of them.

Remember that just because it's in the Trammel rules facets doesn't make it easier; just means that it's difficult in different ways and poses different challenges.

It is really not feasible to farm for replicas on the Trammel rules spawns the way that the Fellies think it will be.

Add to that the fact that under the revised drop rate there's only a 30% chance of one dropping at all.

And add to that the fact that they are non-PoF-able. So if someone puts them in their equipment setups, there's going to be plenty of incentive to get more.

It all adds up to.....There is plenty of incentive to try and get these items in Felucca.

And whether they add in a new timer or not, I'd suspect there's going to be plenty of thieves going for them.

-Galen's player

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While spawns with paragons are more difficult and some of the the spawns themselves are tougher, I guarantee the Trammel ones will be much more plentiful just on the basis that they will be farmed 24/7. For any creature or spawn in the game all it takes is the right gear and template. It will be a matter of time before those templates are out there. If thats how players want to play more power to them.I think its good that there will be fel only replicas though. Alot of players also like the group aspect of the game in which the opponent isnt just a monster. Playing agianst other players is much more of challenge to many and that is how they like to play. I guarantee the fel replicas will have much more value than the trammel ones a month after the system is released. Why? Because it is the players themselves that will be the checks and balances system.

N

Nastia Cross

So basically this would only affect the drops in Fel as thieves can't even steal in Tram. I agree with an above poster that they should have a cursed timer on them, but I think for this to work, the immediate area around a champ spawn in Tram should allow thieves to steal from players, to level the playing field so to speak. More love for thieves I say!

N

Nastia Cross

I guarantee the fel replicas will have much more value than the trammel ones a month after the system is released. Why? Because it is the players themselves that will be the checks and balances system.
Problem there is that the Tram and Fel spawns will be dropping the same replicas. The only potential difference is the drops from the Harrower.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically this would only affect the drops in Fel as thieves can't even steal in Tram. I agree with an above poster that they should have a cursed timer on them, but I think for this to work, the immediate area around a champ spawn in Tram should allow thieves to steal from players, to level the playing field so to speak. More love for thieves I say!
This is not ever going to happen and is silly to suggest.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guarantee the fel replicas will have much more value than the trammel ones a month after the system is released. Why? Because it is the players themselves that will be the checks and balances system.
Problem there is that the Tram and Fel spawns will be dropping the same replicas. The only potential difference is the drops from the Harrower.
But in tram there will be 10 times the number of people competing for those items. In fel there will be lots of 3-5 man teams of large dominating guilds farming them non stop the first few months. More replicas will come from fel than tram.

The difference will be the spawns that don't exist in fel. Which won't be that big of a deal.