• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Renewing Trade Deal Buffs Every Day

Reuggan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that a bit tedious? Couldn't it just stay active unless someone decides to take it off or if the trade deal is changed?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to keep it that way, as it forces players to come into the city once a day and hopefully socialize with other citizens. There should be a message board next to the voting stone and the herald should spam text every time someone comes close. This way the governors can communicate with their citizens.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea i personally dont see a problem with doing it everyday

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, it encourages community, so leave it this way. It's not so hard to grab the buff when you log in...

A board would be nice but most likely abused.. I'd settle for one that just allows my citizens to vote on the trade deal so I have a better idea of what they want. Also a function on the stone to show me citizens and their loyalty as well as online status like the guilds have.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the word of the week jumps into our game world... I agree it may be abused by griefers, but would be good for the Gov to know just how active their citizens are. I don't want the general population to have this feature however, just those elected. Besides, knowing who's in game does not show you where they are.. This combined with a city chat feature like guild chat would be perfect, with an opt out toggle just for you Tina

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds a bit too "Big Brotherish" to me. I really don't want anyone but my own guildmates to be able to see if I'm logged in or not.
I understand completely.

If there are players looking to infringe upon our personal rights ingame or rl at least we can all of course be certain that it would never be one of our guildmates.

:coco:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think we need to see actual online status in real time. Instead, just a check if the characters used the city stone in the last 7 days or not would be helpful. Maybe not everyone needs the buff, but still...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok agreed, it would at least give us a way to judge if the deal is what our trade deal is being utilized. It would help us determine if we need to change it.

andyjacksons

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
100 percent NO NO NO NO a vote is personal let the stone list people who are citizens but not to disclose if they voted that is a personal thing

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I would just like some count statistics:

# of citizens
# of respected+ citizens
# of citizens currently logged in

I would also like a new communication command like guild or alliance that lets citizens chat among other citizens.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add town chat..venerated chat..

And please move it to fel as well and integrate into a new "factionesque" system..

Edit: I've stated in a previous thread that doing do would be good for both play styles..give governors the ability to add city guards, cannons(whatever), pay to attack another city via monster siege..Etc etc

It forces PVPers to stay blue to take advantage of town buffs, almost like they are trying to filter out the PK game style..(I know you aren't forced to use it)
But 1FC is just too attractive to pass up..

I read everyone whining game altering with certain items/drops etc scrolls etc etc..but a blue can still get attain these things, you're asking all PVPers to stay blue to take advantage of a huge addition, which will be a "Huge" advantage once the majority of fellies realize the advantage it serves while building suits

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who said anything about seeing who voted for who?
I don't want to see how each citizen voted. I would like to see the final tally of votes for each candidate. You can see their % of votes during the voting period, but I want to see final results.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice, to see the final percentages, but I'm trying to figure out what prompted the other post, can't see where the issue was first presented that merited his NO NO NO

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't that a bit tedious? Couldn't it just stay active unless someone decides to take it off or if the trade deal is changed?
Just mark a rune near the stone, recall to it click it and your ready. It takes 10 seconds maybe less. Or use the town orb. :)

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, the town gov has to log on each and every day for his town to get the buff, what if the gov needs a day off, or has a nasty trip (Can happen in politics...) and cant play for a few days, then his citizens dont get the buff and are unhappy.

Elf.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, the town gov has to log on each and every day for his town to get the buff, what if the gov needs a day off, or has a nasty trip (Can happen in politics...) and cant play for a few days, then his citizens dont get the buff and are unhappy.

Elf.
No. The Governor sets off the deal, it keeps on running until cancelled. To make use of the deal, you go to the stone and activate it for 24 hours on THAT character.

andyjacksons

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Who said anything about seeing who voted for who?
YES YES YES YES lol at me speed reading and not getting the point sorry no one mentioned revealing votes
nearly all i have read is very good ideas love the citizen chat idea

i will repeat again i was wrong in my first post should pay better atention

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Elf.
Unhappy citizens?

Couldn't be more realistic then that.

Sounds like it is set up correctly.

The buff is very powerful so should not be mindless and automatic. Leave it alone.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. The Governor sets off the deal, it keeps on running until cancelled. To make use of the deal, you go to the stone and activate it for 24 hours on THAT character.
Thanks, that makes more sense lol, cleared that up fpr me :)

Elf.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to keep it that way, as it forces players to come into the city once a day and hopefully socialize with other citizens. There should be a message board next to the voting stone and the herald should spam text every time someone comes close. This way the governors can communicate with their citizens.
Nope, it will not help getting players together at all. It will just annoy the players until they wont bother with it anymore. It will not improve the game.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way trying to get a skilled circle killed the game huh.. Why is it so hard to login, go to the stone and activate your deal.. What the hell is wrong with people today, everyone is so lazy, when did uo mirror the real world so well. The entitlement minded have invaded our land, the gimme, lazy bones I want it nows have landed!!!!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...What the hell is wrong with people today, everyone is so lazy, when did uo mirror the real world so well. The entitlement minded have invaded our land, the gimme, lazy bones I want it nows have landed!!!!
Sounds a bit too political for my tastes... Exactly who are these lazy bones to whom you refer?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way trying to get a skilled circle killed the game huh.. Why is it so hard to login, go to the stone and activate your deal.. What the hell is wrong with people today, everyone is so lazy, when did uo mirror the real world so well. The entitlement minded have invaded our land, the gimme, lazy bones I want it nows have landed!!!!
It's not hard to login and click the stone. But it is NOT fun. What does this daily decay add to the game?

Look .. when you have to spend hours per day just to keep all the different things from decaying something is very wrong with the game.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, it will not help getting players together at all. It will just annoy the players until they wont bother with it anymore. It will not improve the game.
Not when you can build that 1FC buff or Ssi buff into your suit to make room for something extra..remember now in pvp you can now use a bok with -1 DCI and hit spell..if anything you should not only have to renew it everyday but pay a gold fee to renew it..just another easy button..all thrower/archer see how useful that 50m cloak is..well guess what a free buff at a city stone eliminates that now you can wear the despicable quiver and make more room on jewls or weapons or whatever

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not when you can build that 1FC buff or Ssi buff into your suit to make room for something extra..remember now in pvp you can now use a bok with -1 DCI and hit spell..if anything you should not only have to renew it everyday but pay a gold fee to renew it..just another easy button..all thrower/archer see how useful that 50m cloak is..well guess what a free buff at a city stone eliminates that now you can wear the despicable quiver and make more room on jewls or weapons or whatever

What do you think the initial 2 million gold is? It sounds like a fee to me. And did you ever consider that someone else could take over in the next election and go with a different buff, or as I've been seeing, having no clue and not choosing any trade deals at all? You could build a suit based on having a FC+1 buff, but I'd have a backup just in case.

Similarly, the ranger cloak is still very useful. Asking prices haven't dropped, in case you haven't noticed. Like with the other buffs, it might be popular, but don't count on always having it available.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you think the initial 2 million gold is? It sounds like a fee to me. And did you ever consider that someone else could take over in the next election and go with a different buff, or as I've been seeing, having no clue and not choosing any trade deals at all? You could build a suit based on having a FC+1 buff, but I'd have a backup just in case.

Similarly, the ranger cloak is still very useful. Asking prices haven't dropped, in case you haven't noticed. Like with the other buffs, it might be popular, but don't count on always having it available.
2 million is nothing to get the kind of perks you're getting for it..test it play around with it, see for yourself..there are reasons the issues haven't been brought up here..nobody wants it fixed till the general public catches wind and the exploiting of it runs wild..most people I've talked to say eh that's dumb..funny thing is a year or so ago those same people were laughing at how "useless" 30/30/15 fire/kinetic/damage eater was on a suit till that's all you see..takes time that's all :)

You won't see many governor "changes" unless the Govenor elected is an idiot..most shards are so small minus Atlantic that those are your more popular people and will keep,change buff to what their 20-30 guildies want so that isn't an issue

As for building a suit around the FC1 is easy you either have -1 or not weapon the hit spell on a weapon makes it worth it to have a -15mw 2 hpr 15 DCI hit spell weapon and lose nothing and not have to switch anything but weapon..

The prices of items won't drop until the masses realize how great the changes are..so for a few more weeks or elections things will be the same..just sell your items for over inflated prices while you can ;)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 million is nothing to get the kind of perks you're getting for it..test it play around with it, see for yourself.."
I don't have to play around with it. I already recognized the benefit when the election system was announced, and it was always evident that the the point of these buffs is to be a bit of a gold sink but not overpowered. A FC+1 or 5% SSI boost helps but is not going to make a superchar.

nobody wants it fixed till the general public catches wind and the exploiting of it runs wild..
What "exploiting," or do you call it "exploiting" because it'll be used? None of the buffs will boost players over caps.

30/30/15 fire/kinetic/damage eater was on a suit till that's all you see..takes time that's all :)
If you have the patience to put such a thing together. Such properties can be useful but for my purposes take too much room away from imbuing.

You won't see many governor "changes" unless the Govenor elected is an idiot..most shards are so small minus Atlantic that those are your more popular people and will keep,change buff to what their 20-30 guildies want so that isn't an issue
Not necessarily. You can't say a guild can't move to a smaller shard and take over all its cities, and logroll with other guilds (which we've seen already) to exchange votes. An invading guild could deliberately try to get control of all the cities to bleep around so nobody gets a buff.

You also presume that guildmates will vote for someone out of popularity and to get a desired trade deal, when in fact I've seen at least one stone going to waste.

As for building a suit around the FC1 is easy you either have -1 or not weapon the hit spell on a weapon makes it worth it to have a -15mw 2 hpr 15 DCI hit spell weapon and lose nothing and not have to switch anything but weapon..
Not necessarily. Having a free 140 intensity on a jewelry piece could allow an armor piece to get something like a damage eater property, HCI or DCI. It depends on the suit.

The prices of items won't drop until the masses realize how great the changes are..so for a few more weeks or elections things will be the same..just sell your items for over inflated prices while you can ;)

Then why are you complaining? Go short the market since you think prices will fall.