• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove Trap

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys.. I started working Remove Trap on my faction char a few days and thought Id pass along some info for anyone that is attempting to work this skill.

First and for most HP Regin items!!! Im currently wearing 18 hp regin and have only blown myself up once!

Tinkering.... no matter what anyone says keep your tinkering within 8-10 points over your RT! This is where I messed up! I gained really well till 82 till I put GM tinkering on my char..... and no I didnt save the 82 tinkering that I worked up while working RT. BTW around 80 skill your placement of the trap on the boxes is almost 100%

Dart traps only! Thats all you need! One box and you can train for hours on end! You dont need 300 boxes unless you can find the 15 min scrolls.

Luna! Ya I know. your asking why luna.... Vendors! With the release of the new scrolls buy up every one you can get your hands on and sit on them till you get into the 90s.

Yew Crypts/Vesp bank will be your friends! The chest there spawn fast enough you can break the grind by heading there for a few min and using those.

Now to the nutz of my gains..
I didnt keep an exact number as I would be a mental basket case by now but I started with 5k bolts in my bank and still have 1500 or so left from when I started.... Currently my skill is 87 and there was a wall around 85.... Due to the new scrolls I only have to go to 93 before I can call this done so I wont have an exact number for ending(not that I would want to go to gm naturally). This skill by far is the worst skill I have ever worked in my 11 years of playing UO!

For anyone wanting to work this skill up all I can say is GOOD LUCK and may the force be with you!

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took me almost 6 months to do it. Congrads on your fast gain rate and some good advice your giving as well. Only thing I can add is check the faction bases for poison/expo traps at your skill level you will gain great attemping to remove them.