Remove Tram to get rid of Scripters

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
SLC
No more Fel painted cave gold farmers on any of the 3 shards I play. Haven't seen them in almost a week now.

I'm sure they're still scripting away safely in the Tram ruleset.

While there may have been many problems with an all Fel ruleset. Scripters ruining the game by doing their evil deeds in complete safety 24/7 makes you wonder if the trade off was such a good thing.

Flame away :stir:

P

packrat

The one in the dojo in tram hasn't been there for a few days. They showed up Sunday for about 45 min and a skel dragon appeared and I haven't seen them for the rest of the day. I think they are moving their operations.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Removing trammel to stop scripters is about as intelligent as removing a butt so they no longer have to poo.

My suggestion is simple, play your own game. If you dont like what someone is doing, try hunting elsewhere. PLease however refrain from posting every time a scripter is given *free rent* in your mind. Afterall, a script could care less about who you are or what you think about it.

Things scripters have done to make the game *fairer*

made items more attainable by
a) making them cheaper
b) making them more available
c) making more available

Please dont get me wrong, I enjoy roasting a good fel scripter too. Usually its worth a few thousand, a good chuckle, and a murder count.

D

Desperado

think your mind set is in the gutter there is NO way a scripter has made things as you say more fair never in this life time will I ever understand such logic good luck in any busines enterprise you may start up

D

Desolation87

Fel = dead. Tram = not so dead.

So UO - Tram = Dead.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2000
Napa Valley
Having lived in Fel from the early days I know what to expect and might continue to play UO given such a drastic change from the current status quo, but since a huge percentage of the current playerbase has joined our ranks post-renaissance, I think many of these people (while excellent folk indeed, if one gets to know them) would not step foot in fel, and being forced to do so, or live there... well, let's just say the first time they get ganked in front of their home, that would be the end of their money going to EA. These folks form such a large percentage now, that Fel would not exist either, because the game would be canceled altogether due to sharp declines in subscription numbers, probably into the 4-digit territory (under 10k).

Freeshards would thrive, however.

As a designer, one has to deal with present realities, rather than what could have been.

As to scripting, I think I've seen more in Fel, overall, due to the greater resources. Certainly, if I were to get serious about farming, that's where I'd go. What's not to love about double everything?

My ten centavos.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Europe
You do realize that removing a facet is not an option? And you know that while Trammel is rather populated, Felucca isn't?

I don't like scripters either. But removing a facet will not resolve a problem having it's roots somewhere else.

First root: Players buying items of gold for real money, instead of enjoying the gameplay while earning them by themselves. This may be the result of the inflation, combined with the introduction of in-game items that can only be earned by extremely tedious jobs (BODs, library rewards etc.). If items could be earned by ANYONE who is just playing the game regularly in a RANDOM way, people wouldn't pay millions for a stupid artifact.

Second root: Lack of GM staff to take care of in-game issues. Actually, nobody is there to take a close look at these problems and take appropriate actions. Page a GM and you will have to wait 3 hours before you get an answer. And GMs don't seem to have the power anymore to handle such issues.

Remove the roots to solve a problem!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I notice you're using the new smilie, pot stirring.

Removing tram to be rid of scripters is akin to removing a foot to be rid of an ingrown toe nail. I therefore assume you only posted to wind people up. Have you ever looked up the definition of 'trolling'?

S

Saris

Well only thing I can say is that if ppl wanted to play in fel it would not be dead.

One would have to have an iq of my arse hair to think that EA is going to remove Tram cuase of a few ppl who basicly just like to loot and kill ppl.

I remeber the early days, I do miss the fear a bit so... shut the hell up and play on seige if you dont want a tram rule set or find another game or just play on a fr%^ Sh#@rd.

UO has evloved through the years and you can adapt or pancake and moan.

Scripting is at minimum right now cuase the UO economy is already in the dump and ppl would rather bot farm WOW to pay thier rent.

If you see someone scripting you have two choices in tram.
You could lure on them and get them killed, this is against the TOS though and can get you banned(ironic huh).
or....You could keep paging on them, if it bothers the right amount off ppl and they all page on the same guy, you may get something to happen.

But pancakes about it in stratics is just a waste of time and bandwith.

R

RenaLynne

Seriously???:popcorn:
Somehow I think they would adapt. Theyre like roaches...
I like my snuggly safe tram.:heart:

S

Saris

Want to get rid of scripters fine they could, they were gonna use punk buster but after they found that over 67% of UO used 3rd party illiegle programs, they pulled it for fear of loosing PAYING customers.

How bout umm how does the gold scripters affect us anyway, why stop there take away the websites that buy and sell stuff so there is no reason to farm. Last I checked it was illigle to make a profit from UO.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 14, 1999
Southern Oregon
Remove trammel = remove 3/4 player base...which then in return dosnt do much for the scripters cause the game would shut down.

S

Saris

Ok I dont think they want to ban all the scripters cuase its alot of accounts that make EA money but, you should get one warning then it will scare most of them to not break the TOS then ban the ones who dont't shape up, no more problems.

and I am done, no harsh words for any one today.

S

Scratch

at this point in the games development
the removal of tram would be the end of the game
only the speedhacking exploiting pvpers with the elite gear and weapons would even want to log in
and after awhile of no one to cheat against they too would quit