• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove the Siege Bless

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see absolutely no reason why this item exists. We play a shard that does not have insurance. We live on a shard that doesn't allow clothing with resist properties to be blessed.

Why the need for the "Siege Blessing"? Would it prevent people from running around with crazy weapons? Not at all, just the risk (that Siege is supposed to supply) that you could lose it in battle or in death. I understand why quest items are blessed, but the Siege bless should be removed imo for the good of the shard...la

note: I wouldn't mind seeing faction blessings come back as they actually have to be earned through faction play/farming...it just needs to be time limited more than it used to...la

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I see absolutely no reason why this item exists. We play a shard that does not have insurance. We live on a shard that doesn't allow clothing with resist properties to be blessed.
I think it's to early to remove it, Siege is still hurt by the fact that the game is to item based.

note: I wouldn't mind seeing faction blessings come back as they actually have to be earned through faction play/farming...it just needs to be time limited more than it used to...la
I would hate to see that back as it was very unfair to non factions players. If I'm attacked of a faction player and I kill him, I should be able to loot everything just like he can loot me dry.

I rather saw all crafted items have a limit time of blessing for the person who first wear/use it, that would be fair for all and keep the crafters busy.

But still, one blessed item is best IMO

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why the need for the "Siege Blessing"? Would it prevent people from running around with crazy weapons? Not at all, just the risk (that Siege is supposed to supply) that you could lose it in battle or in death. I understand why quest items are blessed, but the Siege bless should be removed imo for the good of the shard...la

No. This idea is horrible.

And the same thing goes for you as it does for everyone else on Siege. Discuss your ideas with the shard before you post suggestions here.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. I think most Siegers would rather have a community discussion before directing any major changes at the Devs. At least that seems to be the way the RoT and 2nd slot have been handled so far.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, because we all know the community knows best. Sorry, the latest "cummunity discussion" has a bunch of players who want a second character slot added to each account. Yeah, that's right, forget everything about what Siege is/was about, so you too can have a shiney new Gargoyle...la

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you want and what the other thirty people still playing Siege want might be different.

S

Skwiz

We need siege bless for one reason Imo.. Dexxers. Dexxers are nothing without a good weapon, mages can run around with basically anything blessed and still be effective.. dexxers not so much.. Remove siege bless and we will have a completely mage dominated shard once again.. Hell maybe even a naked mage dominated shard.. and I for one.. dont like this idea.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, I need to find you and chew your thieving fingers off. :drool:
Leave the Siege Blessing alone!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

D

D'Amavir

Yes, because we all know the community knows best. Sorry, the latest "cummunity discussion" has a bunch of players who want a second character slot added to each account. Yeah, that's right, forget everything about what Siege is/was about, so you too can have a shiney new Gargoyle...la
So says the one with four accounts so they can play four different characters on Siege. Guess only those people willing to shell out extra real money should have the chance to have variety on Siege huh?

Example +2.

As for the Siege Blessings, I think they should go away. Siege being the 'advanced' shard should mean that it has very little of the risk avoidance design aspects that you find on all the prod shards. Insurance, blessings and the like should not be there. In my opinion at least.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We need siege bless for one reason Imo.. Dexxers. Dexxers are nothing without a good weapon, mages can run around with basically anything blessed and still be effective.. dexxers not so much.. Remove siege bless and we will have a completely mage dominated shard once again.. Hell maybe even a naked mage dominated shard.. and I for one.. dont like this idea.
Can a dexxer beat a mage? Yes...they can. What's the issue. Kill them before they kill you and you get their stuff. It's actually pretty simple...la

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing wrong with letting a player have 1 item that they can permanently keep.

Although, I'm still of the opinion that they should revert to pre-AoS on Siege and remove all the item properties.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not going to happen. As a thief, I peek into a lot of packs...it's rather funny to see how for the most part, the blessed items players carry are the only things of value (minus their armor and jewels). There is no reason to have the bless on Siege. It's supposed to be the "advanced" shard. Blessed items...is not an "advanced" idea...la

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, this thread is not for Siege discussion, it's a thread directed at the developers. There is no reason for this specific thread to be moved. If you want to discuss it at there, feel free to discuss it there. This is a personal request. It's not like I'm asking for shard permission to post anything on UHall.

Thanks for all of your concern though...la
Actually this thread is about a stupid idea. One that we've already discussed and agreed that we want the 1 siege bless item. Getting rid of it? No, not going to happen... so sorry.

And that's directed at the Developers too... specifically, telling them that the vast majority of the shard, thinks your idea is stupid.

End of the discussion... no matter what you say, the players of Siege do not agree with you and no dev team is going to give what one guy wants when so many don't want it.

So sorry, but your idea is a giant

epic fail

R

Radun

Siege is still hurt by the fact that the game is to item based.
There goes the theory that removing insurance from production shards would somehow make the game stop being item based.
I only brought that up because, after all, this thread is really nothing more than the SP equivalent of the thieves:loser: usual 'remove insurance' whine.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except for the fact, I did not right this from a thieves perspective, but as a Siege players perspective. There is no reason that there are reusable bless deeds on Siege...la

D

D'Amavir

The fact that you didn't cry (as per the usual formula) over the fact that you can't steal the blessed items, merely makes it an ulterior motive.
It is your perspective... You are a thief... therefore it is *gasp* from a thief's perspective.
As a non thief and a non Siege player, my perspective is probably different. However, I agree that bless items should not be available on Siege. But, that is just my opinion. As someone said, the majority of the players on Siege disagree with this concept and they, not us, should really have the most say on the matter. Not the only say but any means, but the most for sure.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The community had a discussion because the developers asked us a question.

Following the discussion the community had a poll. Of the alleged 30 players having characters on Siege 158 of them voted. 93 of those voted to have a 2nd character slot.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you talking about the single "Siege Item Bless Deed" each new character gets on Siege Perilous?

Edited in:

Moderation Notice: "Stay on topic please. While one may feel free to express one's opinion on a topic, one may not attack another's opinion or tear it apart. E.g. Give one's civil opinion on the topic at hand, not one's opinion on the posters in the thread.

As well, please use the Post Report Icon (
) to let us know what you think needs to happen to a thread (lock/remove/etc.) - such comments do not belong in the thread. Please do not reply about this Moderation Notice on the Forums.

This thread has been cleansed."

L

Lord Drakelord

The day they gave the one bless item per charactor on Siege and NOT all the other shards was the mistake. Many of us have lost our AoS blessing deed due to bugs or mistakes on our part, or since then made new charactors with the 6th and 7th charactor slots, all born without bless deeds, if they gave what they gave Siege's charactors we would all have bless deeds on a single item today.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drake, along with the "re-usuable personal bless", you would have also lost the ability to put CBDs on any headwear with mods (even if its just high resists like the gypsy headress). The PBD and that change to headwear came as a package. If I remember correctly, the option was offered to prodo players and in the end was shot down bc people did not want to lose the ability to CBD their hats.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct...la
I'd then have to say, no. Keep the single Siege Item Bless deeds. When I restarted playing on Siege, this was the singe most cherished item I had. Even though I only used it to bless my robe or article of clothing.

I'd say that one item bless deed is a fair trade off for a Shard that doesn't have any insurance and normally blessed items.

All other forms of "Blessed" items (that still exist - keep in mind people, things are not meant to be blessed on Siege, unless by the reusable Item Bless Deed - at least that is the gist of what I understood about the SP Ruleset), should however have their Blessed or Newbie status removed. The Siege Item Bless Deed should be the *only* blessing possible on Seige Perilous/Mughen..

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All other forms of "Blessed" items (that still exist - keep in mind people, things are not meant to be blessed on Siege, unless by the reusable Item Bless Deed - at least that is the gist of what I understood about the SP Ruleset), should however have their Blessed or Newbie status removed. The Siege Item Bless Deed should be the *only* blessing possible on Seige Perilous/Mughen..
If this could be done, then yes, I would support it. The problem is there are still plenty of things that are blessed or newbified. If each player had only one item they could hold onto, there would be a desperate need for many crafter to resupply all of these items that never leave our packs...la

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then mayhaps it would be better to push for a change on the issue behind the topic instead of a change to something that wouldn't affect the reasoning. Remove the Siege Item Bless Deeds and you would still have the problem of all the other Blessed/Newbie items.

Hope that makes sense.

L

Lord Drakelord

Drake, along with the "re-usuable personal bless", you would have also lost the ability to put CBDs on any headwear with mods (even if its just high resists like the gypsy headress). The PBD and that change to headwear came as a package. If I remember correctly, the option was offered to prodo players and in the end was shot down bc people did not want to lose the ability to CBD their hats.

They could still bring back the PBD on all shards for all folks, my 6th and 7th slot have none and I lost it on my 2nd & 3rd slots due to remaking new 2nd char and losing the item that was blessed due to a bug on the 3rd.

The reason for the 2nd char change was my daughter was a reporter but did not wish to lose a charactor on her account, nor did she wish to use one of old charactor like when she was on Siege back in 2003, for her Sonoma reporter, 2004, I let her make a new charactor on my account with the understanding that when she quit I get the slot back for me. When she quit, we delete the charactor.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico, I think you're barking up the wrong tree this time. In an item based game, the Siege bless allows players to bless 1 item and build his/her template around it. Because the game is so heavily item based, I believe having 1 item blessed is fair for Siege players. Having said that, I have no problem with having the blessing removed from other things such as gifts, BOD's, BOD rewards, bank checks, peerless keys, quest items, etc.

IMO.. The only things blessed should be one Siege blessed item, Vet rewards, all spell books and runebooks.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are you talking about the single "Siege Item Bless Deed" each new character gets on Siege Perilous?
Not correct

On Siege we do not have a "Siege Item bless deed" but a "Siege Item bless options" that works like one free item insurance.
You use your chars context options to bless one item. Only one item can be blessed at the time. Dropping the item or blessing a new one will remove the blessing.

It's fair, when it gives all the same advantage. The old kind, the bless deed could be lost, this can't.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not correct

On Siege we do not have a "Siege Item bless deed" but a "Siege Item bless options" that works like one free item insurance.
You use your chars context options to bless one item. Only one item can be blessed at the time. Dropping the item or blessing a new one will remove the blessing.

It's fair, when it gives all the same advantage. The old kind, the bless deed could be lost, this can't.
Wow, I really did forget about the deed. I was thinking of the context menu blessing, yes. So sorry, I forgot about those as I hadn't had one since the very early days, having loosing them after deleting the characters for a remake (like a noob).

Those are a part of history that shouldn't be forgotten, I do agree.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I need to find you and chew your thieving fingers off. :drool:
Leave the Siege Blessing alone!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
You can borrow this if you want Oldie:

:twak:

Siege Bless resolved a lot of balance issues as well as stopped the most disastrous consequences of ganking. The remedy lies in correcting other areas where unintended "blessing creepage" created imbalance, not in removing the Siege Blessing. I agree with Oldie, and say leave it alone! Unlike Oldie though, I prefer to smack thieving fingers rather than chew them off...those fingers could have been anywhere, and likely have been everywhere!

-Skylark

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO.. The only things blessed should be one Siege blessed item, Vet rewards, all spell books and runebooks.
All spellbooks should not be blessed.......only spellbooks with no properties.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? How does a mage do this if a mage gets dry looted? I wasn't aware that mages could cast spells without reagents if their LRC armor got looted.

Did I miss some aspect of mages previously unknown to me?

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can borrow this if you want Oldie:

:twak:

Siege Bless resolved a lot of balance issues as well as stopped the most disastrous consequences of ganking. The remedy lies in correcting other areas where unintended "blessing creepage" created imbalance, not in removing the Siege Blessing. I agree with Oldie, and say leave it alone! Unlike Oldie though, I prefer to smack thieving fingers rather than chew them off...those fingers could have been anywhere, and likely have been everywhere!

-Skylark
Clubbing someone is not as satisfying as slow chewing fingers... and since..
I am a rabid rabbit in wolf form, I careless where Rico's fingers been. :drool:

You know I have a cloth blessing deed still and I just do not know what to
use it on! Any suggestions?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DEVS DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM IN ANY WAY.

He is simply disgruntled he can't disarm steal uber million gold weapons right under peoples noses.

Poor Rico, there is plenty to thief, you have just become impatient and sloppy in your practice. Honestly, i think ill train stealing just to show you how easy it is to rob people blind.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All spellbooks should not be blessed.......only spellbooks with no properties.
Okay... When I say "spellbooks", I am refering not only to spellbooks used by mages. I am refering to those used by Paladins, Spellweavers, Ninja's, Necro's, etc.

Spellbooks without properties are not CURRENTLY blessed, so I have no idea how those even came into this discussion.