• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove petball totaly?

G

How about removing pet balls totally and instead let herding have same function?

50 herding = 1 command every 90 sec
80 herding = 1 command every 60 sec
90 herding = 1 command every 30 sec
Gm herding = 1 command every 10 sec

F

frodofeet

Well I know I wouldn't miss 'em.

And I do agree herding needs something done to it... how about using it for extra stable slots that we all want?

10 herding = 1 slot
20 herding = 2 slots
etc
GM herding = 10 slots

I

imported_Sarphus

I'd rather herding give defensive bonuses with use of packs. I don't think it makes sense for it to in any way summon a creature either.

G

Since the intended purpose of the Pet Balls was to help players get stuck pets, I don't really think it's fair to make it only available to those with the template space for another skill. Crafters should also be able to access their packies/beetles should they become stuck, or inaccessible. I think Herding definately needs a rework, no doubt, but I think it shouldn't replace Pet Balls.

Maybe for those that use the Pet Balls as a "weapon", the Herding skill could be reworked to lessen the Reuse timer, should that be implemented. Or give a chance to stay hidden, etc.

I know I want more stable slots, too! But same with above, I think this should be equally accessible to all types of characters, without having to add another skill to the mix, especially since I don't see how more stable space would cause any imbalances.

Good thinking of the Herding skill, though...I would like to see it become useful in the future! And of course, this is just my opinions, others may think this is the best option, so thanks for sharing your idea. =)

A

Antion_Vallin

I'd rather see Herding serve more of a unique function, but I agree that petballs should be changed. Have it so petballs only work when the pet is NOT stabled. I do think Herding would make a lot of sense if it worked with pack animals, but I'd have to wonder just how powerful that would make packs if it were a form of statistical boost.

I

imported_Yalp

No.. don't remove pet balls.... and to complain about them seems pedantic. Improvement of tactics and skills will counteract the perceived violation of "the rules" on petballs.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM