• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Removal of Faction Arties.

V

Vaelix

Hate to break it to you Vaelix...but when you were on your break from UO pvp was fairly busy. JSV had a ton of people logging in nightly. TNT had a ton of people logging in nightly. SP! was on a break during that time. Now it appears JSV is on a break, TNT mainly the same and SP! has numbers. It wasn't the price of silver that made people take a break...it was Luna fighting and blue non faction pets.
And Blue Non Faction pets Kill Factioners causing them to lose their suit, which they cannot reequip very easily, which causes them to log in less.

A

Arden

It does not matter much how we feel or think. It is going to change. That is set in stone.
I sense you are more a insider to this situation, than the rest of us outsiders. When it does change, I hope it takes into consideration the casual player. The only reason I don't drop into UO from time to time is because Im far too lazy to farm up silver for artifacts, and I definitely have far too much pride to run around in GM gear and get smoked in the field.

Either way, after looking at the artifacts, they need to go. They are ridiculous lol!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you dense?? Didn't I just mention I have tons of suits and plenty of silver lol

yep!! lol
You have been playing here a long time and most likely have access to a tamer.

New players do not want to Dedicate their 1 Character to a PvMer (If they are PvPers) Just to be able to Suit up.

Faction silver allows Any PvP Template to Farm for Silver, the only problem is people dont have 10 Hours a Day to Spend Farming Silver (Because not everyone breaks the rules and farms afk)

Lowering the prices allows newer players to be able to Jump into PvP Quicker and easier, while still having a Competitive suit.
No tamer here sir...though I will admit I did start taming on my crafter/mage for a bit before I got hooked on imbuing lol One of those Dread Mares that seem to still be the rage of pvp look mighty nice to me :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Arden you have no clue... Stop pretending you know how this game is played any more. Folks get killed in the "Guard Zone" all of the time. Do not insult us by pretending otherwise.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL @ the PvPers who think they should get a bonus for taking essentially the same risks any of us take. Faction artifacts is a broken system.

How does that go? Oh yeah. The End!
You can hide in guard zone...how is it the same risk. Join a faction see what its like to be attack-able every where. Maybe if they took the guardsystem out of siege, you can claim "essentialy the same risks." Have you ever even owned a red Kelmo?
Any time he dies he can just res and grab (or be handed) a ready bag... and right back in the fight. I'm sure 20 minutes in time out or trying to fight with 2/3rds the skills isn't a risk factioners take either.

It's ok.. in one minute he trys telling us 'how it is' and the next... he tells us he has no clue.

good stuff...

:popcorn:

V

Vaelix

No tamer here sir...though I will admit I did start taming on my crafter/mage for a bit before I got hooked on imbuing lol One of those Dread Mares that seem to still be the rage of pvp look mighty nice to me :)
Do you understand my point about Newer players and Faction gear at least?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arden you have no clue... Stop pretending you know how this game is played any more. Folks get killed in the "Guard Zone" all of the time. Do not insult us by pretending otherwise.
Arden has more of a clue than you do.

Please stop pretending like things have changed so drastically, nothings familiar.

You sound like a fool.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You really need to get out more Drax... Factions as we know it is done.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to break it to you Vaelix...but when you were on your break from UO pvp was fairly busy. JSV had a ton of people logging in nightly. TNT had a ton of people logging in nightly. SP! was on a break during that time. Now it appears JSV is on a break, TNT mainly the same and SP! has numbers. It wasn't the price of silver that made people take a break...it was Luna fighting and blue non faction pets.
And Blue Non Faction pets Kill Factioners causing them to lose their suit, which they cannot reequip very easily, which causes them to log in less.
It was the naked blue tamers that did it in for a lot of people. Thing was this was usually outside of Luna so no guardzone...didn't like the tactic but most guilds had a couple of people that did the same.
I was active for around 4-6 months pvping most nights that my guild was active. I wasn't too good but i got my share of kill points because of my template ( ninja bush bok bok)
Again fix the reason for people to fight in factions and people will fight. Have no reason to log in and fight other than same old same old same old and this is what you get. Silver being cheap would be wonderful if factions was busy and with a point. Otherwise its just the same people, same dismount tactics, same old Luna fighting just with really cheap super artifacts that are account bound.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
All of the bases will be non guard zone soon.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you understand my point about Newer players and Faction gear at least?
I understand everything your saying man. None of this is personal with you. You have a strong opinion of what can help the shard and make it more enjoyable for some people. I agree with you on certain points and others I disagree.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any time he dies he can just res and grab (or be handed) a ready bag... and right back in the fight. I'm sure 20 minutes in time out or trying to fight with 2/3rds the skills isn't a risk factioners take either.

It's ok.. in one minute he trys telling us 'how it is' and the next... he tells us he has no clue.

good stuff...

That 20 minute timer is only good for a death vs another factioner. Isn't that the point of factions??? Or is the risk vs reward to fight another factioner mean you both get super enhanced cheap account bound artifacts??

F

Førsaken

STOP ****ING CRYING ABOUT FACTION GEAR ALREADY. You ****s won't change what's already here.

p.s. That is all.

A

Arden

I may not know what new skills or loots there are, but im sure guardzone remains the same, with you sat smack in the middle of it, Kelmo.

A

Arden

Kelmo says "IM GETTING ANNNGRRRY!! YOU WONT LIKE ME WHEN IM ANGRYY!!"

psst...this is kelmo when hes angry.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

good stuff...

That 20 minute timer is only good for a death vs another factioner. Isn't that the point of factions??? Or is the risk vs reward to fight another factioner mean you both get super enhanced cheap account bound artifacts??
Make some sense please. So my risk goes down in certain situations and up in others. I suppose you could say factioners who sit in their house 24/7 risk nothing! Well they get the uber items too!!! OH NOES.

You're saying that if I'm fighting a non-factioner, I risk 0 chance of running into another factioner?

You're saying that if I'm doing a champion spawn like... say, bara or semidar... there's 0 chance of me dying to a silver serpent or demon?

When the hell did you people buy into twisting things with clever wording as a representation of the truth?

Dumbest crap I've ever read.

M

MoonglowMerchant

I need to get out more? WOAH WOAH WOAH!!

Hold your breath.
I logged on to Siege last night for the first time in a month or so and the second time in three or four months.

There was no one in Luna. There was no one anywhere. Wait...I did see a few noobs running around. One was wearing faction gear, riding a dreadmare and asking for a fight. I gotta tell you, I have no desire to fight some no skill gimp in faction gear on a dreadmare. If there were people on, I'd be happy to gank an idiot like that, but fight him? No way.

By fighting someone like that, I'm saying that gimping out in faction gear to compensate for a lack of skill is ok. I'm saying that riding a dreadmare (i.e. PvPing as a tamer) is ok.

Sorry, I've spent years on Siege laughing at gimps like that. You know what, the rest of the shard got tired of it too.

Congrats, at long last, you are the best PvPer on Siege...only because at any moment you log in, you are the only PvPer on Siege. Maybe that was your plan all along. Brilliant!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to get out more? WOAH WOAH WOAH!!

Hold your breath.
I logged on to Siege last night for the first time in a month or so and the second time in three or four months.

There was no one in Luna. There was no one anywhere. Wait...I did see a few noobs running around. One was wearing faction gear, riding a dreadmare and asking for a fight. I gotta tell you, I have no desire to fight some no skill gimp in faction gear on a dreadmare. If there were people on, I'd be happy to gank an idiot like that, but fight him? No way.

By fighting someone like that, I'm saying that gimping out in faction gear to compensate for a lack of skill is ok. I'm saying that riding a dreadmare (i.e. PvPing as a tamer) is ok.

Sorry, I've spent years on Siege laughing at gimps like that. You know what, the rest of the shard got tired of it too.

Congrats, at long last, you are the best PvPer on Siege...only because at any moment you log in, you are the only PvPer on Siege. Maybe that was your plan all along. Brilliant!
Do you know why my guild teases me about GM armor? It's because when they were all wearing tricked out suits, I was PvPing in GM armor. Don't give me this horse crap about needing any sort of crutch when you wont even fight without it. We did that and still **** stomped the server. Why should I dummy down my fun because other people can't handle it? Step the **** up people. If I'm the bad guy. Take me the **** out or die trying waffles.

Your style of PvP is, was and has always been... ganking. You don't fight people. You look to kill them and lord over that one time you 'got them gooooood'

*claps*

Having good **** as rare as it is works in your favor. So when you finally do kill someone, you can post 100000000000 screen shots and brag about how that guy lost a small little fortune to your craptastic idea of pwnage. Yeah. If it was only me and you on Siege, I'd still be the only PvPer left. What's your point?

Maybe if death wasn't such a big deal... you'd, I dunno... pvp more. Go out and 'fight' people just for the fun of it. I know you think its silly fighting people in shiny gear. Welcome to Ultima Online. The year is 2010... if your looking for a hot tub time machine... ask for a classic shard.

We're keeping the items. We're still playing. I dunno about you, but I'm still having fun videogaming online. But it looks like yall ruined it for yourselves.

Again.

*claps*

M

MerchantAtHome

Do you know why my guild teases me about GM armor? It's because when they were all wearing tricked out suits, I was PvPing in GM armor. Don't give me this horse crap about needing any sort of crutch when you wont even fight without it. We did that and still **** stomped the server. Why should I dummy down my fun because other people can't handle it? Step the **** up people. If I'm the bad guy. Take me the **** out or die trying waffles.

Your style of PvP is, was and has always been... ganking. You don't fight people. You look to kill them and lord over that one time you 'got them gooooood'

*claps*

Having good **** as rare as it is works in your favor. So when you finally do kill someone, you can post 100000000000 screen shots and brag about how that guy lost a small little fortune to your craptastic idea of pwnage. Yeah. If it was only me and you on Siege, I'd still be the only PvPer left. What's your point?

Maybe if death wasn't such a big deal... you'd, I dunno... pvp more. Go out and 'fight' people just for the fun of it. I know you think its silly fighting people in shiny gear. Welcome to Ultima Online. The year is 2010... if your looking for a hot tub time machine... ask for a classic shard.

We're keeping the items. We're still playing. I dunno about you, but I'm still having fun videogaming online. But it looks like yall ruined it for yourselves.

Again.

*claps*
I remember you fighting a little in GM armor. At the time, I figured it was because you sucked and that was all you could afford to lose. Looking back on it now, that was spot on.

Screenshots bother you much? LOL. I can remember bothering to take screenshots of two people, you and HaHa. For HaHa, it was because he was a crap talker like you. The difference is that HaHa actually had some skill and was useful in a fight, even if it was usually in a support role. You talk and talk and talk but haven't ever done anything. Ever. That is why I decided one night to find you, kill you, and screenie it. It took about five minutes. That is how bad you are.

Now a quote for you: Siege. It's not just for vets anymore. It's also for people who don't want to play a namby-pamby version of UO.

Look, if you want to play namby-pamby UO, please stick to Atlantic (if you play there at all, since you've "played" Siege for years and I've only seen you a few times). Siege is among other things about risk versus reward. Handing out uber gear like candy isn't in the spirit of Siege. That is why I don't use it and why most of the shard doesn't either.

Anyway, there isn't much point in posting here on a board no one reads about a shard no one plays, so you get the last word. My philosophy is that message board arguments are always won by the person with the most time on his hands, no matter how big an idiot he is. My friend, you are that idiot.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*claps*

Again.

*claps*
I remember you fighting a little in GM armor. At the time, I figured it was because you sucked and that was all you could afford to lose. Looking back on it now, that was spot on.

Screenshots bother you much? LOL. I can remember bothering to take screenshots of two people, you and HaHa. For HaHa, it was because he was a crap talker like you. The difference is that HaHa actually had some skill and was useful in a fight, even if it was usually in a support role. You talk and talk and talk but haven't ever done anything. Ever. That is why I decided one night to find you, kill you, and screenie it. It took about five minutes. That is how bad you are.

Now a quote for you: Siege. It's not just for vets anymore. It's also for people who don't want to play a namby-pamby version of UO.

Look, if you want to play namby-pamby UO, please stick to Atlantic (if you play there at all, since you've "played" Siege for years and I've only seen you a few times). Siege is among other things about risk versus reward. Handing out uber gear like candy isn't in the spirit of Siege. That is why I don't use it and why most of the shard doesn't either.

Anyway, there isn't much point in posting here on a board no one reads about a shard no one plays, so you get the last word. My philosophy is that message board arguments are always won by the person with the most time on his hands, no matter how big an idiot he is. My friend, you are that idiot.
That's hilarious.

I don't need to profess my pvp abilities, they aren't going to come into question because you take it upon yourself to make up things.

Apparently I hit the nail on the head. You talk about this not being the namby pamby shard, well you demonstrated oh so clearly why this shard is among the nambiest and pambiest. You're one of the most notoriest for avoiding challenge and conflict, Mr. RunForEverMore. And then you come here trying to preach about it. Shut the **** up.

Things will remain the same, with me at the top of the totem and you licking my boot straps until you retire. We will continue to wear good stuff and the rest will continue to run away avoiding PvP in their stealth templates in crap armor. The negative feedback loop will continue to cycle and nothing will get better until it truly is... over.

And let's get real. You never killed me. Not ever. You watched 4 other players take me down to 1/4 hp then jumped on my nut sack. Helped loot and took screenies of it like it was your crowning achievment in this game. I truly wonder how many people you believe buy into your stupid claims. You may be the only one, and even then I have my doubts.

I've never needed to lie so I don't and never understood why others do.

Says a lot about the person. Good stuff.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make some sense please. So my risk goes down in certain situations and up in others. I suppose you could say factioners who sit in their house 24/7 risk nothing! Well they get the uber items too!!! OH NOES.

You're saying that if I'm fighting a non-factioner, I risk 0 chance of running into another factioner?

You're saying that if I'm doing a champion spawn like... say, bara or semidar... there's 0 chance of me dying to a silver serpent or demon?

When the hell did you people buy into twisting things with clever wording as a representation of the truth?

You signed up for factions to have that risk or did you just sign up for the extra goodies??
You can twist whatever you want..that facts still remain the same. You claim you need better gear to survive in a pvp environment. You claim that this gear is needed on Siege ( I have seen you all of three times here in three years ) and thus you bombard these forums with your insults when others don't agree with you. I hate to break it to you but the majority of the Siege population does not even read Stratics.
God..even some of your own guildies laugh at you for your stubborness and temper tantrums

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You signed up for factions to have that risk or did you just sign up for the extra goodies??
You can twist whatever you want..that facts still remain the same. You claim you need better gear to survive in a pvp environment. You claim that this gear is needed on Siege ( I have seen you all of three times here in three years ) and thus you bombard these forums with your insults when others don't agree with you. I hate to break it to you but the majority of the Siege population does not even read Stratics.
God..even some of your own guildies laugh at you for your stubborness and temper tantrums
Holy ****. Where the hell do you pull this crap from? You want to talk about twisting words and bending truths? That's exactly what you just did.

1. I joined factions for the elevated level of play. I didn't graduate college to go back to high school I enjoy factions because of the added risks and benefits that correspond with those risks.

2. Where the hell did I claim I needed these items to survive? - because I didn't and never did. You made that crap up, just like you made up the BS about the risks being essentially the same. These items enhance my gaming experience, they do not define them. I'm no longer going to dummy down my play in order to make things more fair for those who refuse to step up theirs. I did that and it didn't do a thing. Now it's time to do things this way or no way at all because YOUR WAY DIDNT WORK.

3. Siege does need these items. The majority of this shard is not on my ****ing level. You want to lower the bar, rather than raise it for the average. GOOD IDEA. Let's talk to our local EM too. I think we should name the next PvP tourny something like the Special Olympics... since that's where you all are at in comparison to the rest of the shards when it comes to PvP.

And let's get something straight once and for all. The real issue here is your issue with me, not the idea of making non-faction gear more available to everyone. People here have personal issues with me. I along with the others who play at my level tried suggesting stuff to make things better for everyone else but us. And you people turn this into your personal wish list. ****ing ingrates. And you wonder why you're talked down to? It's because you act like ****ing children with **** like this stupid ass "remove faction arties" that even Shalimar tells you is a stupid ****ing idea... so we get no where and you get told how foolish you were. Maybe in a few more months it will have sunk in. I seriously doubt it though.. you people are your own worst enemies.

Rather than making it better for all... if you can't somehow make it worse for those you don't like... throw making it better for all right out the window.

*claps*

I apologize if I show no empathy towards your position. You deserved everything you got.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got everything I deserved?? lmao

**** dude you are a great big baby. Rawr!! I am Draxous...agree with me or I will pancake and moan at you and teach you a lesson lol You got me...I oppose faction items because I have an issue with Draxous rolleyes:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
( I have seen you all of three times here in three years )
That about sums up Draxous on SP...when he was the guildleader of ^S^ he had to give control to Forsaken because he was never on either...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got everything I deserved?? lmao

**** dude you are a great big baby. Rawr!! I am Draxous...agree with me or I will pancake and moan at you and teach you a lesson lol You got me...I oppose faction items because I have an issue with Draxous rolleyes:
LOL :lol:

You think I'm here because I'm trying to get you to agree with me? I bet you even think we're still having this conversation because this topic is still relevant!

Only reason I'm still posting on this stuff is because making fun of you is fun. Any chance we had on bettering things is pretty much gone and I can tell you that much like the current situation, faction arties are here to stay.

Since you're too daft to understand what I mean by you deserving what you got. Enjoy more of the same because that's all you're going to get. Everything's just peachy! We don't need any changes... things are just fine!

Well, I'm going to continue enjoying my time in UO whether its on Siege or Atlantic. I'm not sure many of those left who just play Siege will be doing the same. We have you to thank for that.

GOOD JOB :thumbup1:

S

Sunchicken

*yawns*

Even if they did revert the shard to pre aos the same people pancakes about how its unfair that i can precast a exp and hold my heavy crossbow.

These people would be suprised if they took the time to actually piece an average suit together how much better they would be.