• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remember when...

• Thread starter Ransom_of_BiC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
R

Ransom_of_BiC

We would all stand in line at the blacksmith shop to have our gear repaired by the smith? Everyone would be frantically looking around for an empty bag to place your gear in so it wouldn't get lost in his bag...

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Or, when we'd all stand along the edges of Brit bank watching the people go by? Even those who claimed to hate the bank sitting trammies spent time at Brit watching the people fly by.

H

Helter Skelter

*sniff sniff* yep I miss the brit bank days. Could buy ANYTHING at that place at anytime.

I used to have a smith on chessy named Heph that was GM. Made a pretty penny doing repairs and making GM weapons back in the day. Oh yeah... valorite hammers were the rare thing back then...

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The REALLY cool kids in Brit didn't line up directly in front of the bank like everyone else. No. They had a spot over by the water where they lined up.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never liked the lag at West Brit bank, if I was in Brit I used the East bank. Usually I stuck with Empath Abbey though.

Anyone remember passive camping gains and people starting camp fires in Brit just to screw with other peoples skills? I hated that.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
friend of mine got suspended years ago for running away with someones weapon that he was supposed to repair :p ah the days when gms did something

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Haha, I remember when the GM's put that sign up at Brit Smithy about accounts being suspended for any smiths who stole gear.

Brosephine

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ahem*

May I present..................... "The Esp."

And yes, I made it green for a reason. You HATED when I wore green! Hahaha... You also hated when I typed THREE ha's instead of just haha. :lol:

R

Ransom_of_BiC

You always said "he he he" instead of 'haha' or 'hehe'.

And ahhh, yes. The "Meloi". It was full of win. Looked best with Val armor, imo. :D

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the hubs getting so irritated when I insisted on shadow female armor and chain legs. "It's not the best babe." "I don't care, it looks hot." /sigh lol

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can't believe u sold your mall in Luna esp, i loaned u money for it and u only paid 50m, worth a ton now !

Brosephine

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was "The Meloi" not "The Esp" wasn't it? Huh... fail. :sad4:

And DUDE! I knoooooooow! I quit UO once about 4 years back, sold the Luna house for $300 (hoooooraayyyy money for college!) and now I soooo wish I could have it back! :(

R

Ransom_of_BiC

...the 'protest' we staged on Chessy where everyone crowded to Brit Bank in blue robes and cast spells over and over again when they announced the removal of the Counselor program.