• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Religious Factions

Bring religion into factions ?

• Yes, praise the Lord!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No, that is a terrible idea you heathen

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Convert or Die

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
A

Aston

Hi, would it be an idea to modernise factions by adding religions into the mix ?

Perhaps take it a step further and let players create their own religious factions (which would involve a huge upkeep (say 100 infidels sacrificed daily) to keep the amateurs away) and let them wield their zeal in a holy crusade throughout the land ?

I'm fairly neutral when it comes to religions and fanaticism, so I'm sure my unbiased opinion should carry some weight here.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I say hell no. Leave the four factions as they are now.

A

Azazel of LA

I must say thats one of the worst ideas I ever seen.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try not to have religion crammed down my throat anymore than it already is...

I really prefer not to have to deal with a bunch of religious crap in a game I play to get away from things like that.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to get away from you.

Oh no; someone moved this thread to an inappropriate forum :(
And, actually, real world religious discussions have no place here in the gaming forums. The religions in Sosaria are those of the Virtues or other cult followings like Mondain's followers and priests, etc.

So.. moving this to the UO OT forum.

S

Soren

Yeah just like christians today right..

Allelluah! Praise God! Jesus is Lord! Holy Holy Holy... love your enemy..

Yet, they'll smash in your face if you offend them.. or worse, condem you to
"hell" if you don't agree with their doctrine..

Just make a new faction and name it "the church"...

ROFL.. LMAO.. That's such a ludicrous idea, but, with EA; who knows...

Soren of LS

N

Nestorius

I'm fine with it as long as it is the Christian religion.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Everquest, there was a PvP world set up based on the God you worshiped.

They really screwed it up by not allowing that to over ride the race you were (Can there be a neutral/good Dark Elf?).

Some of the combination they tried (and they all were collapsed back to a single rule set eventually, the one that was the most popular and was modified with the best features from the others, if any).

Size (Small Medium Large) Gnomes, Halflings etc were small, Humans etc were medium, Ogre, Troll, High Elf etc were Tall.

Alignment (Good vs Evil) Ogre's, Dark Elves, Trolls etc were evil. Human, Wood Elves, High Elves, Halflings etc were good.

Religious (What god you worshiped)

UO style (aka everyone is your potential viticm).

EQ's problem is it is Level based and NOT Skill based, such that if your 4+ levels (EQ levels are not Skill level in UO, think of a EQ Level being lie a Spell Level/Rank etc. Such that a level 8 player vs a level 12, the level 8 could not damage the level 12 and the level 12 could not miss the level 8) above someone (this will scale some what the higher your level) the more invulnerable you become to the lower level players attacks.

The Ending PvP server was based on the UO style and had Level Delta Caps put in place. This of course did NOT stop the A$$hats from deleveling (and retaining the skill levels) and attacking Legitimate Level players and of course the Blue (can be attacked because of level) Healers

L

Lady_Mina

It would be a nice idea for roleplayers.

But on the other hand...people join factions..to kill other people.

And you know there's very little place for roleplay in felucca...look what happend to spiritwood....

D

DebiHIS

Yeah just like christians today right..

Allelluah! Praise God! Jesus is Lord! Holy Holy Holy... love your enemy..

Yet, they'll smash in your face if you offend them.. or worse, condem you to
"hell" if you don't agree with their doctrine..

Just make a new faction and name it "the church"...

ROFL.. LMAO.. That's such a ludicrous idea, but, with EA; who knows...

Soren of LS
wow, who have you been meeting? And just like its not kewl to label someone because of one jerk, don't lump all Christians together.
There's a lot of nice people out there!

A

Aston

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed by the low turnout for the poll.
If this was proportionaly represented at the November elections, you'd be in trouble.
:(