• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Relic Frags Made Easy

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All, It Seems That There Is An Overwhelming Amount Of Relics Out There And Many Are Wondering How Its Done. Well Its Fairly Simple.

Things You Will Need:
Bronze Runic Hammer
Valorite Ingots
Multiple Smithy Recipies ( Knight's War Cleaver, Guardian Axe, And Others)
Gems Needed For These Recipies ( P Emeralds, Blue Diamands, ECT)

Now Make One Of The Recipies (i.e Knights Cleaver) With Val Ingots And The Bronze Hammer. No Need To Add Anything Else To The Weapon Each Cleaver Will Produce A Relic. (Can Do This At GM Imbuing)

Using This Method Will Result In 35-45 Relics Per Hammer. I Have Tested This With Both Human And Garg Imbuer At Home And Queens Forge And Get The Same Results. Not Only Will You Get The Relic Amount I Mentioned You May Also Recieve Essences In Combination With The Relics

As This Gets Passed Around You May See An Outrageous Increase In The Cost Of Hammers, Ingots And Gems But Good Thing Is Relics Will Decrease Quite A Bit.

Who Is This Actually Benefiting The Crafter/Miner Or The Imbuer Or The Consumer Of Imbued Items As It Will Not Cost As Much For That Special Piece They Are Looking For.

Any Thoughts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my method takes no special gems or mats and no runics
it takes standard gems
residue
enchanted essence
1-9 val ingots (depending on fails)
and a gargoyle with 120 imbuing and 1 use of a pof
so all told about 10k if you buy pofs per frag (this depends mostly on how you get your pofs and what you pay)

i will get the details and try to post the exact way later tonight

C

Connor_Graham

Hello All, It Seems That There Is An Overwhelming Amount Of Relics Out There And Many Are Wondering How Its Done. Well Its Fairly Simple.

Things You Will Need:
Bronze Runic Hammer
Valorite Ingots
Multiple Smithy Recipies ( Knight's War Cleaver, Guardian Axe, And Others)
Gems Needed For These Recipies ( P Emeralds, Blue Diamands, ECT)

Using This Method Will Result In 35-45 Relics Per Hammer. I Have Tested This With Both Human And Garg Imbuer At Home And Queens Forge And Get The Same Results. Not Only Will You Get The Relic Amount I Mentioned You May Also Recieve Essences In Combination With The Relics

As This Gets Passed Around You May See An Outrageous Increase In The Cost Of Hammers, Ingots And Gems But Good Thing Is Relics Will Decrease Quite A Bit.

Who Is This Actually Benefiting The Crafter/Miner Or The Imbuer Or The Consumer Of Imbued Items As It Will Not Cost As Much For That Special Piece They Are Looking For.

Any Thoughts?
So what exactly is the method?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would imagine he is making a recipe item lets say the knights war cleaver crafting with valorite using the bronze hammer.. weather or not you get the relics I think would depend on the distribution of the hammer mods..
I did a test of this a while back but with keeping the hammers stocked (either buying or bods) and then the special gems was just not very cost effective (unless you have them all laying around doing nothing..

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Use The Hammer With Val To Make Say Knights. The Properties Are Not Really Much But It Yealds A Relic Every Cleaver. Have Made Over 10K Relics Using This Method
I Added This To The Orginal Post Appologies If I Was Unclear

K

Kallie Pigeon

I doubt you will get 35 to 45 per hammer since a bronze runic only has 35 charges

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I doubt you will get 35 to 45 per hammer since a bronze runic only has 35 charges
actually you can get 1-2 relics per item i have tested and confirmed this
essence you can get 1-3 (maybe 4 not positive)
and residue 1-4

so if you had rng on your side and every crafted item gave 2 relic frags you could get 70

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty Storm For Confiming Probally Lot Of People Will Not Believe Me For Those Unbelievers Go To Test And Try It Out The Outcome Will Suprise You.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Ty Storm For Confiming Probally Lot Of People Will Not Believe Me For Those Unbelievers Go To Test And Try It Out The Outcome Will Suprise You.
I would get zero relics if I tried but my imbuing is only 80. Thanks for posting the suggestion. I hope it still works by the time I reach 91 or whatever you need for relics

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually you can get 1-2 relics per item i have tested and confirmed this
essence you can get 1-3 (maybe 4 not positive)
and residue 1-4

so if you had rng on your side and every crafted item gave 2 relic frags you could get 70
Pub63's Unravelling

The amount of the magical ingredient obtained by unravelling changes depending on unravelling intensity.

unravelling intensity : Magical ingredient
1-49 : Magical residue*1
50-99 : Magical residue*2~3 [MR*2 is about same as MR*3]
100-149 : Magical residue*3~4 [MR*3 is about same as MR*4]
150~199 : Magical residue*4~5 [MR*4 is about same as MR*5]
200-299 : Enchanted essence*1~2 [EE*1 is about twice EE*2]
300~399 : Enchanted essence*2~3 [EE*2 is about twice EE*3]
400-450 : Enchanted essence*3~4 [EE*3 is about twice EE*4]
451- : Relic fragment*1~2 [RF*1 is about three times RF*2]

unravelling intensity calculation
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1544815&postcount=25

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
think its 95.1 for frags I will go look to make sure and change the post if needed

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks chrome I did not realize you could get 1-5 residue good to know
now the question is do we know what determines how many frags you get?
probably just the rng?

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks chrome I did not realize you could get 1-5 residue good to know
now the question is do we know what determines how many frags you get?
probably just the rng?

Getting Relic Fragment not using runic's and special material

A. high intensity imbuing in weapon made by valorite ingot

1. craft HQ hammer using valorite ingot [tinker, carpentry tool, only 1 ingot].
2. select by durability. There only haves to be 50 or more.
3. imbuing properties

if gargoyle,
damage increase : +44% [88%, overwriting]
hit dispel : 44% [88%]
hit fire area : 44% [88%]
fire resist : 13% [86%]
luck : 79 [79%]
Total intensity is 429%

if not gargoyle,
damage increase : +45% [90%, overwriting]
mage weapon : -21 [90%]
luck : 89 [89%]
Total intensity is 445%

Unravelling intensity
using Queen's Forge
Gargoyle : (429*1.2+20+30)*0.8=451
Not Gargoyle : (445*1.2+0+30)*0.8=451

B. imbuing and adjusting Juka Bow [obtaining juka lord]

1. enhancing by frostwood or bloodwood
2. if durability is less than 50, using Powder of Fortifying.
3. imbuing properties

if gargoyle and bloodwood juka bow
HP regeneration : 2 [100%, material's]
hit life leech : 46% [88%, overwriting]
hit dispel : 36% [72%]
Total intensity is 348%
if not gargoyle, total intensity needs 365%

if gargoyle and frostwood juka bow
damage increase : 43% [86%, overwriting]
hit life leech : 46% [88%]
hit dispel : 34% [68%]
Total intensity is 330%
if not gargoyle, total intensity needs 345%

4. adjusting
Slayer property is added. Therefore, total intensity adds 100%.

Unravelling intensity
using Queen's Forge
Gargoyle, Bloodwood Juka bow : ((348+100)*1.15+20+30)*0.8=452
Gargoyle, Frostwood Juka bow : ((330+100)*1.2+20+30)*0.8=452

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I was doing similar I was using exceptional dagers then imbuing with hit area, dispell etc then enhancing with valorite (chance to break) but if i crafted first with valorite it would only give essence !
I bow to the master Well Done ! and as always you have the data to back it up !!

Thanks for the post!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just wanted to add Tested and confirmed!

S

SDragor

1. craft HQ hammer using valorite ingot [tinker, carpentry tool, only 1 ingot].
2. select by durability. There only haves to be 50 or more.
I do not understand.
1. Do you mean, "craft a high quality hammer using valorite ingots? What do you mean by "tinker, carpentry tool, only 1 ingot"?
2. Do you mean we should only imbue hammers with 50 or more durability and recycle the rest?

Thanks!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Translation (I hope) Use tinkering skill, craft 'hammer' from the tools menu using valorite ingots. - Carpentry hammer, not smith hammer.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was doing similar I was using exceptional dagers then imbuing with hit area, dispell etc then enhancing with valorite (chance to break) but if i crafted first with valorite it would only give essence !
I bow to the master Well Done ! and as always you have the data to back it up !!

Thanks for the post!!
What is your success vs breakage rate for enhancing the daggers? Are you using any particular ancient smithy hammer? I have a legendary artificer/smith who is a garg and has queen's forge access. I don't have a tinker or fletcher so I am looking at your method or the OP's method with bronze runic hammers. Trying to decide which is more cost effective.

-OBSIDIAN-

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, all! Just used Chrome's tinker made valorite hammer - 30 valorite ingots used = 30 Relic Frags in return - Luv it! I am at 115.9 skill, maybe at 120 will have better chance at the last 2 mods. By time I get to 120 though, this method will prob be nerfed:)

Thanks again, all, for the info!

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not understand.
1. Do you mean, "craft a high quality hammer using valorite ingots? What do you mean by "tinker, carpentry tool, only 1 ingot"?
2. Do you mean we should only imbue hammers with 50 or more durability and recycle the rest?

Thanks!
1. The answer has already gone out. Hammer is made by tinker skill.
And possible to make it by the fewest materials.

2. If "Imbued", correction rate calculating unravelling intensity is 0.80.
Moreover, if Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
Therefore, it is necessary to select it the durability is 50 or more.
If durability is less than 50, it uses as a carpenter's tool or throw it away.

G

Gowron

I turned in 25 of the valorite guardian axes crafted with a bronze runic and came up with 27 runic and 17 essence. I also got an added benefit of my imbuing skill jumping up by 0.3.

I tried again with gold ingots using the same thing, and unfortunately only got 4 relic and about 70-80 essence.

Overall, I was quite impressed and thanks to the OP for posting this.

J

[JD]

^is there any list of ingots that "spread the damage" (not sure what you mean)?

lastly, is it possible using this method to easily craft things which you can unravel for skill? I'm at 74.x now, if I could make these hammers, I could not unravel to relics for a while. I wonder if I can boost myself to gain skill using an easy method like this. Hunting for trash items sucks :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I tried this with a valorite dagger. I had to use 1 POF charge to get it to exactly 50/50 durability. Then I imbued just as Chrome recommended:

Gargoyle Artificer at Queen's Soulforge
Total intensity is 429%

Yielded 1 relic frag. Now I have to figure out a cheaper way to get that initial valorite item with 50 or greater durability. Maybe another weapon type. Experimenting now.

***UPDATE***
Ok, I tried a few item types. I found that I could craft an exceptional mace (6 ingots) with greater than 50/50 durability while using valorite. If I made it with less durability, I smelted and got back 5/6 valorite ingots (105 mining). I imbued exactly as above and got 1 relic frag. Still not as good as tinkered hammers, but seems like an alternative for smiths and doesn't involve enhancing.

-OBSIDIAN-

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If using the single ingot Tinker made items, TOSS the few that don't come out 50+ Duraility. I've done 40 so far, and only 7 were less than 50 Dur and without thinking I used 7 of the 10 charges of a PoF. The average price of PoF on Legeds is 150K - meaning each charge is 15K a pop. A single valorite ingot as to be worth much less than that ...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Grimm and Chrome for this info. I plan on using Chrome's method over the weekend to stockpile some relics for future use. This is probably going to be nerfed so I would advise everyone to jump on this while they can. :)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried this with a valorite dagger. I had to use 1 POF charge to get it to exactly 50/50 durability. Then I imbued just as Chrome recommended:

Gargoyle Artificer at Queen's Soulforge
Total intensity is 429%

Yielded 1 relic frag. Now I have to figure out a cheaper way to get that initial valorite item with 50 or greater durability. Maybe another weapon type. Experimenting now.

***UPDATE***
Ok, I tried a few item types. I found that I could craft an exceptional mace (6 ingots) with greater than 50/50 durability while using valorite. If I made it with less durability, I smelted and got back 5/6 valorite ingots (105 mining). I imbued exactly as above and got 1 relic frag. Still not as good as tinkered hammers, but seems like an alternative for smiths and doesn't involve enhancing.

-OBSIDIAN-

FYI out of 100 tinkered hammers, 76 were durability 50 or greater. However, this loss is probably going to be offset because out of 20 hammers unraveled so far, I received 27 relics!!!!!

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice...but i must be doing something wrong.

I made 30 valorite carp hammers .. Durability was fro 50/50 to 76/76 ..

Imbued them with your specks... so ended up with intesaty of 429...

But all i got from unravel was essence??

Im not using Queens forge since i dont have acces..
My imbuer is a gargoyl from start...

Tryed the dagger also and no luck.....

At 114.9 imbuing also..

M

miss uo

At 114.9 imbuing also..
The queens forge is the Key.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

At 114.9 imbuing also..
Unless something recently changed you should be able to unravel at the forge. You must have the required loyalty to imbue there though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How very, very strange.
I made hammers, but I made them on Siege where di is 43% from GM+armslore. So I thought I'd save myself some resources, because gems are rather expensive, and take luck a little higher instead (81) just on one to try it. Total intensity, as the ones made exactly to recommendations, 429. It made essence. Can anyone explain why?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be doing something wrong...

I do:

if gargoyle,
Total intensity is 429%
I get 3 enchanted essence every time and I am unraveling at the queens forge even though I can't use it to imbue.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I tried

if not gargoyle,
damage increase : +45% [90%, overwriting]
mage weapon : -21 [90%]
luck : 89 [89%]
Total intensity is 445%
it worked and I got 2 relic frags.

And yes - i am a gargoyle.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well got it to work finaly...after many a death to toxic sliths...

But i only get 1 relic per unravel....

And thanks hope to get a 200 frags to make myself and freind some items....before they nerf it..

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How very, very strange.
I made hammers, but I made them on Siege where di is 43% from GM+armslore. So I thought I'd save myself some resources, because gems are rather expensive, and take luck a little higher instead (81) just on one to try it. Total intensity, as the ones made exactly to recommendations, 429. It made essence. Can anyone explain why?
Damage increase only by exceptional and armslore is not evaluated when unravelling.
Therefore, it is necessary to imbue[overwrite] damage increase to be evaluated when unravelling.

C

Connor_Graham

I imbued 200 hammers today using the non-gargoyle method and came out with a little over 300 relics from them, so it definitely worked. I'm going to keep going until I have a nice stash of 1k relics for my own use. Those should last me a good long while so I won't have to be trying to figure out how to get more when they get around to nerfing this method.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried out the gargoyle method. I'm only at 112.5 Imbuing so I made 11 hammers to test it out. That last imbue is at 9% success so it took a while but I unraveled at the Queen's forge and from 11 hammers received 14 relic fragments. Definitely works.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imbued 200 hammers today using the non-gargoyle method and came out with a little over 300 relics from them, so it definitely worked. I'm going to keep going until I have a nice stash of 1k relics for my own use. Those should last me a good long while so I won't have to be trying to figure out how to get more when they get around to nerfing this method.
You imbued 200 hammers manually or used some sort of macro?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grab me a pile or two too. My imbuer isn't 120 so it doesn't work out so well for me. It's nice though I sometimes get a skill gain...slowly.

I can only get a few relics in a long amount of time.

-Lorax

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You imbued 200 hammers manually or used some sort of macro?

200? Hehe, I did 50 last night and I took quite a while even with my imbue last property macro.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did exatly a 100 hammers & relic frags , spaced over 3 days and doing in groups of 10 to 20 at a time. I have a stockpile of 175 RF now which will see me through quite a few "spcial requests".

The Greed bug had me for a while there, but there is so much more to do in game than mindlessly imbue the same item over and over, that i had to force myself to stop - and yes, I still have over 3K valorite ingots:)

If this system doesnt get nerfed, maybe once a week I'll bang out a score of relic frags, but for now I am beat:)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the amount of work involved to get relic frags using the tinkered hammer method, they better not nerf it.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the amount of work involved to get relic frags using the tinkered hammer method, they better not nerf it.
What work?
All it requires is 1 valorite ingot a handful of Residue and Essence, and a couple of regular gems. You can get 1 relic fragment in no time.

If this doesn't get nerfed, all the imbuing system becomes more than questionable. Relic Fragments are imbuing ingredients that are most easy to acquire. I doubt that this is intended.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to imbue each hammer 5 times getting down into the 10% or less range on the last two imbues. The method burns up resources and is time consuming. Seems fairly balanced if you ask me. Cost is relative. If the relic fragments weren't much more difficult to get and lost on fails they wouldn't be so expensive in the first place. They can't keep taking away any and all methods to make relic frags. At least this method is more balanced than simply crafting a recipe weapon and unraveling it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be doing it wrong, I find it requires a considerable time investment, I'm getting lots of failures and the last lot of hammers I tried I only got back essence, so I lost a heck of a lot of normal gems. I made 20 hammers, while wearing a 26/26 tali. Only half of them were over 50 durability, imbuing just those 10 and then unravelling them took me half an hour. Probably because I had to keep looking what to put on next. The more I try to get my head around this darn skill the more downhearted I get.

And what I really, really don't understand is why they have to be so hard to get.

Why does the ingredient to make those particular mods have to be so very, very much harder to get than any of the 'special' ingredients, not to mention losing it on fails.

There is no 'easy' way to get these things. Crafting warcleavers is only 'easy' after you've put in the time and effort to get the metal, the gems and the hammer to craft them. I spent 5 hours mining over the weekend, for another purpose I admit. In that time the total amount of valorite found = 0. Best I metal I got was 60 ingots of verite, and that came from boosted agapite pockets.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Relic Fragments are imbuing ingredients that are most easy to acquire. I doubt that this is intended.

Relic fragments are easy to acquire? Where? How? Several methods have already been nerfed. Those who cranked them out before the nerfs mights be sitting on nice piles of them but most people aren't. I know I'm not. I lose six or eight every time I imbue something that requires relics. I've never had more than 10-40 at anytime. I have thousands and thousands of the other core ingredients.

I think the system is working exactly as intended. They created a scale in which to determine what ingredients are unraveled and we can imbue items up to the proper intensities and weight required to get a relic. As I said in the last post, in order to get up to the necessary total weight, you do have to do some work and expend some resources. If Relic Frags were 10k instead of 40-100k it wouldn't seem out of balance at all. Cost is an ineffective way to determine whether or not the method is balanced or overpowered.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made 20 hammers, while wearing a 26/26 tali. Only half of them were over 50 durability, imbuing just those 10 and then unravelling them took me half an hour.
That's exactly what I was just saying too Petra. This method is not cranking out 100s of relic frags per hour. It's time consuming to imbue each hammer 5 times. It uses a decent amount of other resources. You will fail a lot on the last two imbues.

For sure, I'd like to see it at least changed to that you only lose 1/2 or only 1 relic frag per fail. Currently if it needs 4 frags and you fail you lose 4.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to imbue each hammer 5 times getting down into the 10% or less range on the last two imbues. The method burns up resources and is time consuming. Seems fairly balanced if you ask me. Cost is relative. If the relic fragments weren't much more difficult to get and lost on fails they wouldn't be so expensive in the first place. They can't keep taking away any and all methods to make relic frags. At least this method is more balanced than simply crafting a recipe weapon and unraveling it.
Creating the hammer costs 1 valorite ingot and takes 5 seconds (success chance being about 70%). Imbuing it 5 times costs 20 Residue, 20 Essence and 50 regular gems, if you don't fail (and with 120 imbuing you won't fail too often). It is done in 3 minutes. You get back at least one Relic Fragment, guaranteed. The total process takes even less than 5 minutes.

It takes MUCH longer to find one of the other ingredients, the best example being Seed of Renewal. I can hunt for an hour or longer before I find one.

To my opinion, this is wrong. Relic Fragments are meant to be hard to acquire, as they are only necessary for top level imbuing. Today, I can craft 50 Relic Fragments in an hour (given I have the gems and Residue/Essence already). I have already tried. This is not the way it's meant to be.

P.S.: I agree that it sucks that you lose your Relics if you fail on imbuing. This shouldn't be either.