• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Regarding Gargoyle Armor "Conversion"

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This item is in the 5 on Friday.

"Will we be able to convert human/elf armor to gargoyle armor and vice-versa?"

Currently in development is the Human-to-Gargoyle conversion for weapons and armor (cloth, leather, plate etc). Gargoyle-to-Human conversion is still under discussion.
I am taking this to mean that gargoyles will be able to wear human armor, but humans may not be able to way gargoyle armor.

Please don't do this. Please don't make another race that can wear everything, and leave humans holding the bag again. It's really not terribly fair.

Make gargoyle armor gargoyle-only, and gargoyles unable to wear human or elf armor. (After all they are a lot bigger than us.) That makes the most RP sense and is the fairest. It sounds like gargoyles will already have substantial advantages. With that new crafting skill, sounds like the gargoyles will be able to have their own armor "imbued" with good properties, to tie them over until the crafters can get around to making uber gargoyle armor.

There's really no need to have a gargoyle running around in, say, the Rune Beetle Carapace.

-Galen's player

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This item is in the 5 on Friday.

I am taking this to mean that gargoyles will be able to wear human armor, but humans may not be able to way gargoyle armor.

Please don't do this. Please don't make another race that can wear everything, and leave humans holding the bag again. It's really not terribly fair.

Make gargoyle armor gargoyle-only, and gargoyles unable to wear human or elf armor. (After all they are a lot bigger than us.) That makes the most RP sense and is the fairest. It sounds like gargoyles will already have substantial advantages. With that new crafting skill, sounds like the gargoyles will be able to have their own armor "imbued" with good properties, to tie them over until the crafters can get around to making uber gargoyle armor.

There's really no need to have a gargoyle running around in, say, the Rune Beetle Carapace.

-Galen's player
I'm not reading it the same way as you folks obviously...

I'm thinking that they are being in a means to convert current armor to Gargoyle. Not that they can wear Human armor, while I'll admit that Imbued items will open a new door no one said that it's for Gargoyle only items either. So I don't really see what the fuss would be about by allowing players to convert 1 time armor and weapons over to Gargoyle style items if they can't be converted back.

D

D'Amavir

I'm thinking that they are being in a means to convert current armor to Gargoyle. Not that they can wear Human armor, while I'll admit that Imbued items will open a new door no one said that it's for Gargoyle only items either. So I don't really see what the fuss would be about by allowing players to convert 1 time armor and weapons over to Gargoyle style items if they can't be converted back.
I read it the same way. Though I could be wrong. Not sure how that would work though. Do you pick what style of armor you want when you convert armor from 'human' to gargoyle? If so, that would open the door for people to be able to turn their artifacts from something that doesn't look as good to something of their choice. I doubt that's the case though.

Then again, they did allow people to change their features using the elf to human or human to elf quests, so you never know. I wouldn't complain though either way.

S

Sarphus

I'm reading it the same way you are.

S

Sarphus

I read it the same way. Though I could be wrong. Not sure how that would work though. Do you pick what style of armor you want when you convert armor from 'human' to gargoyle? If so, that would open the door for people to be able to turn their artifacts from something that doesn't look as good to something of their choice. I doubt that's the case though.

Then again, they did allow people to change their features using the elf to human or human to elf quests, so you never know. I wouldn't complain though either way.
My thoughts are that it would work similarly to how some lesser arties have an "elves only" tag while others have no racial restrictions.

So basically, you convert your armor to be useable by your gargoyle and it gets a "gargoyles only" tag. Kinda like equipping an "owned by" item restricts how the item can be used in the future.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My thoughts are that it would work similarly to how some lesser arties have an "elves only" tag while others have no racial restrictions.

So basically, you convert your armor to be useable by your gargoyle and it gets a "gargoyles only" tag. Kinda like equipping an "owned by" item restricts how the item can be used in the future.
I don't see this as a bad thing so to speak, other than it will drive even arties like the ToT items up in price if they can't be converted back.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
CONVERT, not WEAR.

Transfering properties of Human armour or shaping the whole item into a Gargoyle equivalent, possibly IMO done only by a Gargoyle with Imbue/Unravel.

....And that they are still discussing doing the opposite as they stated.

C

Coppelia

Don't add new items, dammit!
Loot bags are already full of such a big variety of craps, no need to add more to loot tables.

nateee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they do this, I hope they will allow a one time conversion from elf only to human armor as well.