• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

reforging nothing?

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought reforging was suppose to add something to the weapon?

i was burning through 30 DC hammers and got a couple of these.

i sat looking at them for a while to see if maybe i was missing where the attributes went and i couldnt see it.

maybe someone else has better eyes then i do.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What shard? I remember this happened to me on Test Center, reforging shields. Looked like they had nothing but after server up the properties appeared ;-)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Could it be a case of DI being the one property?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah - IIRC DI is one of the "Of Quality" results.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its bug.
I think that weapon have 2 property,lower requirement was not showing.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the menu you are showing you are not Reforging you are Crafting with a Runic Hammer, big difference.
i thought reforging was suppose to add something to the weapon? Reforging does.

i was burning through 30 DC hammers and got a couple of these. You will get this now and then as your DI from Arms Lore is greater than the DI from the Runic Hammer rolled. There was a short time that the Runic roll over wrote the Arms Lore DI and they fixed it to give the greater of the two.

i sat looking at them for a while to see if maybe i was missing where the attributes went and i couldnt see it. You did not miss anything.

maybe someone else has better eyes then i do. Your eyes are fine.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is commonplace for a crafter to weigh heavy with ingots, craft one item, then reforge with a runic hammer.
You may want to look at the Menu he is displaying and it shows he made an Exp wep with GM Arms Lore so he gets %40 DI and the DC Hammer could hae rolled %39 DI so he will get the greater DI from the Arms Lore.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really Frodo.. Now go back to your first post, re-read it and weigh it against your last post.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i just left the smithing menu up while i was reforging.
id make 10 blades then reforge them.
if they where not what i was looking for them straight into the imbuing melt bag.

so we are all guessing that the missing attribute is DI and hidden in my 40 arms lore DI?

that seems like a bug then no?