• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging Multiple Properties Weights

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Of course, for reforging a single property, we have Semmerset's great charts.

I am more curious if there's any info out there on what happens when you use the higher end runics (anything more powerful than the 40 charge level I guess).

For instance, we know [ok- knew] that with a copper hammer, it's possible to get a hit leech at 133% intensity (100% HML scimitar for instance) - for 1 property. I've never seen it written anywhere, but my EXTREMELY strong suspicion is that what we've really done is roll the same mod 2x or 3x, and they're stacking - and maybe hitting a cap. Hit luck can hit 150% of imbue intensity with powerful, but a Regen can hit 200% of imbue intensity without powerful.

I am wondering though, what is the TOTAL intensity available for the same copper hammer, and how does adding fundamental/structural play into this? Maybe exactly which thing you're rolling on matters quite a bit here, as noted above, luck tops out at 150%, regens at 200%, something like HPI at 140, LMC/Stam/Mana at 125%. Now I don't know the imbue weights off the top of my head, so maybe that makes things a bit closer.

I'm really wondering what the mechanics would be behind getting a clean 10 SI / 10 LMC piece ... bronze + powerful + haste + mystic (or wizard)? Gold hammer? Agapite? Or maybe a 100HML 100HLL broadsword?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There is a problem...
To get 2 mods over cap (like 10 SI and 10 LMC) you need to use higher runics. But with higher runics you get more than 2 mods. This makes pieces like 10 SI/10 LMC impossible.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
So you are in effect saying that you fundamentally disagree with my assumption that getting a "clean 150 luck" piece with a copper hammer is, in fact, rolling 75 luck twice (or some other solution to the equation xLuck + y Luck + z Luck = 150 - since a copper hammer can roll 3 lowish intensity properties rarely.

You're suggesting that the roll is really 1 property at 150%?

It makes a big difference... In my scenario it's possible - in yours it's not.

For the record, 10 SI/10 LMC, 2 MI is functionally the same as a "clean" 10/10, as I would probably have imbued 8 MI on there anyway... (though now because of the 2 overcaps I'm probably topped out at 5...)

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This conversation seems pertinent to something I'm trying to do right now as well: "clean" 100 elemental damage 40ssi bow. I've been using ash, but the ssi always seems to be capped at 30 if elemental is ~100, and with extra mods.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I just tried this on TC last night. My goal was to make something with DCI 5, and stam 10 (would be OK with +Dex also)... it should be theoretically possible. I used a bronze hammer, first tried just the two titled (towering/Aegis + Animated/Haste).

Everything rolled 3 or 4 properties. When I added powerful I rolled 4 more often. When I tried going even bigger (brittle / cannot be repaired) I seemed to get 4 properties more and more often, but not get any closer to what I wanted.

I am still pretty sure that it's theoretically possible. I really do think that it goes like this: there's a roll for # of properties that seems to take into account whether you've chosen powerful/structural/fundamental, and maybe a roll for some sort of total intensity. If you get an odd number of properties, there's a roll to determine which group gets the extra property - if even they seem to always be split between them. Then it really does seem like each property is rolled independently - so when you get 10 stam, for instance, what you've really done is roll 8 stam once, and then you've rolled stam again, it sums them up, and hits the cap.

Assuming that I am right then... if I want to use a bronze hammer to create a 10 stam, 5 DCI piece, what is the chance of that actually happening? My initial guess would be: .5(this is the chance of P1 being DCI) * .5 (the chance of P2 being DCI) * 1/3 (chance of P3 landing on Stam) * 1/3 (chance of p4 being Stam) = 1 in 36. This is pretty reasonable: at 6 charges per attempt that's 6 or 7 hammers. That's pretty reasonable.

Problem is, that doesn't seem to be how it works, because it seems like the chance to get BOTH DCI and Casting Focus is roughly 100% when you use powerful... I only did made about 30 attempts, but I think all of them had both CF and DCI.

The real bummer is that this means the higher runics are somehow significantly less useful than the lower end ones.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While i try to get a max. Luck Gargoyle suit, i got this part with 4 Properties.
http://i59.***********/5cbvo7.jpg
It seems that 2 weeks before i got only 1 or 2 properties with horned runic and i am wondering what changed or what do i wrong. Now i got very often 3 Slots full with unuasable stuff.
i use honred and Grand Artifice, Inspired Artifice and choose name "Auspicious / of Fortune".
I reforge against exceptional normal leather for my Tamer with bard masteries.
any hints for me?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think you're best bet is to use 2 titles and go with something else you want, and maybe you'll get lucky with the roll.

In all my testing though, I've not seen any clean 2 property items, like 150 luck + 5% dci, best I've seen is one at the reforge cap and one just below.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a luck suit last week using 3 charges on a horned runic. I'm at work right now so I can't check but I know it was using 3 charges because I reduced it from 4 to see if it made any difference.

The process I used was craft 20 items(legs or what ever) with 2 phy resist, as I needed this for the suit, and then reforge those which resulted in around 2-3 being clean with 150 luck. Now I just have to see if it was worth the effort.