• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Reforging for splintering weapons?

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone made a weapon with splintering while reforging?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I burned the equivalent of 3 shadow runics reforging and got nothing worth saving and absolutely no splintering weapons. What settings do you need to get them? I can't find that property mentioned in the reforging info on stratics

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Check the Prefix/Suffix property listings for Shame & Wrong (I think Petra posted a list of them somewhere). If Splintering Weapon isn't in any of these, it probably doesn't.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Splintering is not a reforge quality, that quality is exclusive to the Wrong/Shame Loot system.

UO Stratics *New* | Runic Re-Forging

As noted in the link, even if you add Slaughter you don't have a chance at splinter.

The "All Types" are what you have a chance of getting on the any item you reforge using said title.

Then Weapons are qualities that only weapons have a chance at getting, Armor to armor, shield to shield. Sorry to be the barer of bad news for those wanting to reforge splintering weapons :/