• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Reforging] A little confused....

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Thanks for reading, well having spent 3 days making the perfect base pieces for my garg suit I realised I had crafted them out of barbed... a silly mistake but I just about have the same pieces now with leather that I will enhance later.... I read a while ago that I would need a horned runic for adding 5HCI but having just checked the "reforging How to" thread it would seem I only need a spined kit????

Also I was hoping to get 5HCI on 4 pieces and possible reforged MR... would it be a case of using vicious/slaughter option and hoping (well praying for all I am worth) that the RNG blesses me with MR as the random mod?? if thats the case I may just imbue the MR.

thanks.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Thanks for reading, well having spent 3 days making the perfect base pieces for my garg suit I realised I had crafted them out of barbed... a silly mistake but I just about have the same pieces now with leather that I will enhance later.... I read a while ago that I would need a horned runic for adding 5HCI but having just checked the "reforging How to" thread it would seem I only need a spined kit????

Also I was hoping to get 5HCI on 4 pieces and possible reforged MR... would it be a case of using vicious/slaughter option and hoping (well praying for all I am worth) that the RNG blesses me with MR as the random mod?? if thats the case I may just imbue the MR.

thanks.
My interpretation was to get the maximum 5 HCI without also incurring a penalty property you have to use a Horned Runic. To get a 5 HCI from a spined runic you would end up with a brittle or cannot be repaired item.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks man, i am guessing thats without powerful reforging?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you want only 5 HCI?
If you want only 5HCI,better you use spined runic.
However sometime it have 4HCI.
And you dont need powerful reforging.
If you use horned runic,it have 5HCI and other property add,sometime bad property add :(

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you want only 5 HCI?
If you want only 5HCI,better you use spined runic.
However sometime it have 4HCI.
And you dont need powerful reforging.
If you use horned runic,it have 5HCI and other property add,sometime bad property add :(
Hi there, thanks for the input. I tried using a horned kit first but couldn't select vicious/slaughter so just used non powerful reforge using a spined.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I didn't realize Spined was equivalent to Shadow Runic. As always, follow semmerset's advice.