• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

recomended server for returning player

A

Aryne

im coming back to FFXi after about a year im looking for a good populated server to come back to im us est time zone im also looking for a linkshell ^^

T

tanls

The sixth annual census is out. There should be a link here somewhere or on the FFXI main page. That should give you an idea of who is where. I really don't know of any servers that are not populated. I think the choice is between heavily populated so that the is more ppl, but more competition and more of all the drama that entails, or more medium population density where the competition isn't as bad, but there also might not be as many ppl to party with, etc. Your choice. Linkshells should be fairly easy to come by. The main thing is, you will start getting linkshell invites as soon as you start partying. You might not get any invites while soloing that first 10 levels, but once you get into your first party, the offers should start flowing in. Then it's just a matter of finding one that fits you. Good luck on your search. I know of a fairly decent social shell on Pandy for beginners called Reveriesclan. Fairly small, but with a bunch of nice helpful ppl. I was fairly regular there, but have switched to an end game shell. I still check in there from time to time though.

M

Malec

I play on Caitsith, and im pretty sure Trish does too, although i havent talked to her in game yet.

Its a decent server, lots of helpful people.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I do. Youngun does too. It's one of those "in the middle" servers. I can't compare it to any others, though, because it's the only one I've ever played on. I like it, though!

A

Aryne

Ok me and my brother joined titan server me Hexiel taru whm him Merlow Hume War. now were looking for a good linkshell to hang out in ^^