• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

recentlly worked poison up - my totals

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i recentlly worked up another assassin.
thought id post my results of pots to get there as i go incase anyone comes in looking to compare the old numbers to now.

should be the same, but since i was doing it anyways i thought id post the numbers.

Using the old working table.
0-40 lesser poison
40-65 poison
65-99 greater poison
99-GM deadly
(keep in mind im only going to 90, and starting with at least 30 or 50)

started on a new toon with 50 poison.

went from 50 - 65 with normal poison x 1300 pots (2600 nightshade)
65-90 with greather poison x 4500 pots (18000 nightshade)

(will update as i go)

some pic's of the machine at work

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for a comparison, i did it last week on another new toon.

but did a different way.
started with 50 alchemy and 50 poison.

worked alchemy as i went by making the poison pots i needed to work poison.

took me 2 days to get to 90 poison and GM alchemy.

25k in nightshade
also made 999 greater heals
999 greater cures.
then 300 deadlly poisons to get to GM alchemy once i was done poisoning at 90.

worked up necro and ss first.
got to GM in both.
then went into vamp form (poison resist)

then worked the nox and alchy.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and just to clarify.
the guy im working now im just working poison on, not alchemy.
im using the guy i made last week to make all the pots for him.

needed it done twice so i thought id out up both methodes for comparison.

im assuming higher nightshade eating on the guy that i was working alchy on because of the failure rate.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
typically the way to approach poisoning is 80 or 100 unless you're using a spell caster with only 110 magery but then you probably should go get 120...

S

Shinobi

You should stop at 80.1 poisoning. You can do greater poison at 80.1 every time, and you have an 80.1% chance of hitting lethal poison (deadly, whatever you wanna call it), so it is pointless to go any higher. 80.1 is the minimum for greater poisoning, and with the chance of hitting lethal being so high, any more would be a waste.

P.S. Don't ask me to show the site where i got this info, i'm just going off of info i got in-game and off random sites years ago when i had a dexer. If they made changes to poison within the past 2 years or so, then forget what i said, haha.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
-Fencing/swords has nothing to do with it.
-80 poisoning is the minimum skill to deliver deadly poison every time.
-At 80 poisoinng you deal deadly poison with an 80% chance for leathal.
-At 90 poisoning you deal deadly poison with a 90% chance for lethal.
-At 100 you deal lethal 100% of the time.
-At 79 you deal greater poison with a 79% chance for deadly.
so i get 90% chance at the higher bump instead of 80%
the nox is on a stealthing fencing thief.
the nox is just a nice little suprise for anyone who jumps my faction thief.
a little rashambo.

usually gives me enough time to run and pop a smoky.
or if i run into another thief i can usually drop them with the lethal and a couple pokes from the kryss.

90% of the time im right every time!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
typically the way to approach poisoning is 80 or 100 unless you're using a spell caster with only 110 magery but then you probably should go get 120...
ive got a couple guys on my home shard from years ago that have 100.

but over the years ive noticed that at 90 i dont miss my lethals.
and being that the majority of the $$ in training nox is from 90-100 and it also takes up a butt load of time, it just seemed like a natural place to stop.

i save time.
i save resources.
i save 10 points i can invest elsewhere.
and like i said, compared to 100 there isnt really a difference.
i cant remember the last time i wiffed and didnt get the bump.

i guess its just habit.
twice per shard..... every shard..... so thats 16 shards... times two.... oh then on about half of those i did it a third time cause i got bored one winter on a new account.... so thats like 40-50 times.

gahd i need a hobby.... oh wait, this is my hobby!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my faction thief.

110 or 115 fencing
90 poison
100 hide
100 stealth
100 ninja
80 stealing
70 chiv
70 focus

then i add +15 to the ninja and the stealth with my ring and watch.
HCI and DCI on the ring and watch as well, as well max out my enhance pots.
+13/15 Ninja (or stealth)
+20/25 pot
13 HCI
13 DCI
leftovers into DI

its a quick effective faction thief.
can steal the sigs.
can animal form and run without loosing stamina with the focus.
can hit nox if anyone gets too close, or if you need a distraction.
can usually drop other thieves should the need arise, cause most people make faction thieves really crappy mages, and mage curing lethals dosnt work most of the time, hehe

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm Here's the thing Poo. Even those really crappy mages carry GCs. Truth be told, any weaponskill under 120 is better off not being had. Take those points and go to 120. I've played nox chars since like 2000.

80 or 100 is a hard rule. 100 if you have the points for a dexer and 80 for mages or you have a dexer but need points elsewhere.

Also with stealth, I question the judgement in going so high in the skill. I recognize you're on a factioner but with so much easy skill gain for stealth, 10 from a robe, 20 from a cape, you could get more skill points overall on that template for really cheap.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
mmm Here's the thing Poo. Even those really crappy mages carry GCs. Truth be told, any weaponskill under 120 is better off not being had. Take those points and go to 120. I've played nox chars since like 2000.

80 or 100 is a hard rule. 100 if you have the points for a dexer and 80 for mages or you have a dexer but need points elsewhere.

Also with stealth, I question the judgement in going so high in the skill. I recognize you're on a factioner but with so much easy skill gain for stealth, 10 from a robe, 20 from a cape, you could get more skill points overall on that template for really cheap.
What I did, is I took 100 fencing and scrolled it up to 120, and I carry a Dread's Revenge for the +20 Fencing on it. I have a hotkey to switch between it and my dagger for when I find Shadow Strike useful, and the 120 Fencing is there for when I need it as well.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

GC have a tuff time curing lethal.

any weapon skill under 120 is better not being had?
wha.....
i have no idea what thats suppose to mean.
i have a 110 fencer that has over 1000 murders and i have a 115 faction archer that has millions of kill points (chalk that up to a couple thousand kills)
so to blanket say that go 120 or nothing is kinda absurd.
its all in the player and how you wield your skills.

go 80 or 100 is a hard rule.
no.
i explained this allready once.
at 80 your 80%
at 90 your 90%
at 100 your 100% for lethal.

for the cost 90 is a better number.
ya hit it allmost all the time and you save all the time and costs not hainv to do that long haul from 90-100.

for me ive allways run 90 and its allways purred like a kitten for me.
id rather invest that 10 points in 90 and miss rarelly then have 80 and run the risk of missing.

hehe, its like we are arguing religion here.

90 you infadel!!!!!!!!!!!
i call Gehad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah. LP is still quite easy to cure. note: most people in fel have 40 or more ep.... 99% of people in fel carry GCs. It just sorta works out that poisons value is very weak in small scale fights as a result.

LP is only going to do good on like chars with stealing and no combat skills.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya know,

i thought that myself, but im suprised every time i poison someone and i hear them having to chug 4 or 5 GC before they cure.

i cant explain it myself, but im not complaining!

as far as im concerned, if a fella with GM poison hits you, that poison should stay on until you die, hehe.
should be some perk for taking that all the way to GM!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2nd toon done.

totals updated on the first post.

cheers!