• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Real Life Pets

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Siberian Huskies.....so elegant looking, love those dogs so much! Wish I could get them here in Florida, but it would be torture for them to live in such a hot climate.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Siberian Huskies.....so elegant looking, love those dogs so much! Wish I could get them here in Florida, but it would be torture for them to live in such a hot climate.
I live in Florida and they love it. During the summer they stay in during the day except 10 minutes here and there to relieve themselves but during the morning and evening they love being outside and love the pool even more. We have a kiddie pool for the dogs in the back yard and they are always whining to go out and play in it. November through April is perfect for them. They do not get the heavy coats that they get in other places and they actually get use to the climate here. The older husky hates when it is below 70 and she will crawl under blankets inside. If it is below 50, she will do her thing quickly outside and try to go back in lol. We call her a "Floridian Husky" because she does not like the cold. there are a few Siberian Huskies and Malamutes in our neighborhood. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I live in Florida and they love it. During the summer they stay in during the day except 10 minutes here and there to relieve themselves but during the morning and evening they love being outside and love the pool even more. We have a kiddie pool for the dogs in the back yard and they are always whining to go out and play in it. November through April is perfect for them. They do not get the heavy coats that they get in other places and they actually get use to the climate here. The older husky hates when it is below 70 and she will crawl under blankets inside. If it is below 50, she will do her thing quickly outside and try to go back in lol. We call her a "Floridian Husky" because she does not like the cold. there are a few Siberian Huskies and Malamutes in our neighborhood. :)
Wow, I never knew that! I guess I can start looking into getting a couple again then, thanks for the info :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I don't play Chessy, but I can't pass up a chance to show off my furbaby :)

This is Fiore, and her brother Bear, at only a few days old. Look at the bitty little ears! And the itty bitty feet! *squees*

And this was Fiore back in February at a few months shy of a year old. Though these days she's more commonly known as 'Fi' or 'Flea'.

\

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The biggest dog would not come out for cheese. She DID fight her way out when I rattled her favorite toy... the flashlight. Weird dog.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had black, choc. labs, golden retriever Brittany spaniel mix, irish wolfhound, a puny terripoo and some cats, gerbils, hamsters, tropical fish, pet birds and even had flocks of chickens and a pet goat once when we lived up in Wisconsin. They all lived to ripe old ages, most all of them lived way beyond 10-14 yrs. of age.
We got nearly all our pets as lost foundlings, kept trying to find the owners, no luck, so in the end they ended kept and all ours. But shelties are the yappiest canines we have ever owned and they keep trying to herd us. lol I am not even allowed to leave the house and they have to bark their shrilled highpitched discontent at me, for going shopping or whatevers. lol

Last edited:

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have black, choc. labs, golden retriever Brittany spaniel mix, irish wolfhound, a puny terripoo and some cats, gerbils, hamsters, tropical fish, pet birds and even had flocks of chickens and a pet goat once when we lived up in Wisconsin. They all lived to ripe old ages, most all of them lived way beyond 10-14 yrs. of age.
We got nearly all our pets as lost foundlings, kept trying to find the owners, no luck, so in the end they ended kept and all ours. But shelties are the yappiest canines we have ever owned and they keep trying to herd us. lol I am not even allowed to leave the house and they have to bark their shrilled highpitched discontent at me, for going shopping or whatevers. lol
Haha too funny :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) yep of all the dogs breeds we have had over the years, shelties ie Shetland sheepdogs are THE barkiest, most vocal of all !! :snoopy:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know I don't play Chessy, but I can't pass up a chance to show off my furbaby :)

This is Fiore, and her brother Bear, at only a few days old. Look at the bitty little ears! And the itty bitty feet! *squees*

And this was Fiore back in February at a few months shy of a year old. Though these days she's more commonly known as 'Fi' or 'Flea'.

\
aaawwww

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
meees cant get PITA to sit stills fer a pic
herz a 2yrs old Chinese crested powder puff

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

On the Left we have "The Little Man" and on the Right, Mr. Squeeks. For those of you looking for a small pet for a child, and don't have the room or don't want to struggle through the needs of a puppy give rats a try they are less likely to bite than guinea pigs, hamsters, or gerbils and are large enough for a kid to actually handle a bit. Doesn't hurt they are pretty smart as well and can learn their names, and many tricks.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
On the Left we have "The Little Man" and on the Right, Mr. Squeeks. For those of you looking for a small pet for a child, and don't have the room or don't want to struggle through the needs of a puppy give rats a try they are less likely to bite than guinea pigs, hamsters, or gerbils and are large enough for a kid to actually handle a bit. Doesn't hurt they are pretty smart as well and can learn their names, and many tricks.
Alternately, for those of you thinking about having kids, and don't have the room, or don't want to struggle through the needs of a child, give rats a try. they are less likely to bite than guinea pigs, hamsters, or gerbils and are large enough to actually handle a bit. Doesn't hurt they are pretty smart as well and can learn their names, and many tricks - much like children can.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Alternately, for those of you thinking about having kids, and don't have the room, or don't want to struggle through the needs of a child, give rats a try. they are less likely to bite than guinea pigs, hamsters, or gerbils and are large enough to actually handle a bit. Doesn't hurt they are pretty smart as well and can learn their names, and many tricks - much like children can.
lol

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Be sure to look up the lifespan of any pet rodents. lol When our twins graduated from High School 1992 and each went into the US Navy, baby girl was missing her siblings and wanted a stupid pet snake. I rejected that idea no pet snakes in my house. So I looked up the life span of cute gerbils. Every book said that gerbils lifespan was about 3 yrs. OK I told her you can get some cutsey pet gerbils to fill the void of you missing your siblings and they will croak when you graduate high school in 1995, so that *I* will not have be tending to your rodents after you leave home for college.

Them furry cute lil smart arse suckers were LAUGHING AT ME, thru the year 2000 and they kept going forth and multiplying too !! :) Luckily being the black and white gerbils any overdose I got quickly sold out to the local pet store wanting to buy them newbies off of me. But I was feeding and cage cleaning and playing with them older pet cute gerbils till that last one croaked in 2005 ! LOL We were lucky none of them bit, but yeh hamsters we once had were violent then even bit each other. :( Never know with any rodents what ya might get we lucked out on the gerbils but they lived way way longer than they were supposed to ! :) Once upon a time we had 2 dwarf dutch bunnie rabbits too.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
:) Be sure to look up the lifespan of any pet rodents. lol When our twins graduated from High School 1992 and each went into the US Navy, baby girl was missing her siblings and wanted a stupid pet snake. I rejected that idea no pet snakes in my house. So I looked up the life span of cute gerbils. Every book said that gerbils lifespan was about 3 yrs. OK I told her you can get some cutsey pet gerbils to fill the void of you missing your siblings and they will croak when you graduate high school in 1995, so that *I* will not have be tending to your rodents after you leave home for college.

Them furry cute lil smart arse suckers were LAUGHING AT ME, thru the year 2000 and they kept going forth and multiplying too !! :) Luckily being the black and white gerbils any overdose I got quickly sold out to the local pet store wanting to buy them newbies off of me. But I was feeding and cage cleaning and playing with them older pet cute gerbils till that last one croaked in 2005 ! LOL We were lucky none of them bit, but yeh hamsters we once had were violent then even bit each other. :( Never know with any rodents what ya might get we lucked out on the gerbils but they lived way way longer than they were supposed to ! :) Once upon a time we had 2 dwarf dutch bunnie rabbits too.
Rats rarely live beyond 3, though on a rare occasion you'll get one. It's all the same to me, these guys are a ton of fun.

The someone on Staff asked me how big they get so I had to take a new photo..

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'm happy Dodger's link didn't work:
http://www. google.com.au/search?q=roadkill+no+copyright&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ys9bVI2tCYTq8AX47ICICg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=480#facrc=_&imgrc=WVMr0khgnzKk0M%253A%3B3gVzZ_3fcMUheM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252F1%252F18%252FSciurus_vulgaris_(roadkill).jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcommons.wikimedia.org%252Fwiki%252FFile%253ASciurus_vulgaris_(roadkill).jpg%3B3382%3B2537

Bad Dodger! Bad Dog no treat for you!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well I'm happy Dodger's link didn't work:
http://www. google.com.au/search?q=roadkill+no+copyright&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ys9bVI2tCYTq8AX47ICICg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=480#facrc=_&imgrc=WVMr0khgnzKk0M%253A%3B3gVzZ_3fcMUheM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikipedia%252Fcommons%252F1%252F18%252FSciurus_vulgaris_(roadkill).jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcommons.wikimedia.org%252Fwiki%252FFile%253ASciurus_vulgaris_(roadkill).jpg%3B3382%3B2537

Bad Dodger! Bad Dog no treat for you!
That link doesn't work either... :confused2:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you use Chrome and right click where the image should be and choose open image in new tab, it will take you to a Google search for roadkill and shows a dead squirrel in the road.