• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Read me before posting! Atlantic forum Rules & Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<font color="blue">A word about this thread</font>

The purpose of this thread is to combine several stickies and allow a place for our mods/reporters to post things pertaining to this forum in specific, without making a mess of stickies or losing their announcements.

<u>Also note that this sticky was agreed upon by all Atlantic moderators, and was approved by the forum administrators. As such it is an amendment to the RoC for the Atlantic board only.</u>

<font color="blue">The RoC</font>

A reminder of the Stratics Rules of Conduct... By signing up for an account and posting here, you must abide by our rules. Please read over them if you have not already, then read over them again ;)

<font color="blue">The Buy/Sell/Trade and Price Check threads</font>

We have created threads for you to post your merchant (Buy/Sell/Trade/Price Check) posts in. Please use them. If you do not like them, you are more than welcome to use the UO Trade Board instead. First time 'offenders' of not posting in these threads will recieve absolutely no punishment. For some time we have been locking posts with a brief explanation of the threads... Seeing as you are reading this new 'read me before posting' thread, you understand the usage of it. The posts will be removed with a shadow letting them know why on the first offense. From there, if you choose to ignore us, it will fall under rule N of the RoC, and you could be subject to more official warnings.

<font color="blue">Posting news</font>

Users are more than welcome to post news of events themselves, but please do not type out [News] to imitate the reporter news tag. Also, I highly reccomend you send announcements of events to our reporter team at [email protected] so they may post it officially. It'll get more views that way via being posted to the boards as well as the main news page, so there isn't any reason not to :)

<font color="blue">Comments, Questions, Concerns and Suggestions?</font>

We are most definatley not automated robot moderators and reporters; we listen. If you've got comments whether they are good or bad, questions we might be able to answer, concerns about something you've seen, or a suggestion you have for us about the Atlantic board, main page, etc, talk to us! My PM box is always open if you've got any of the above.

<font color="blue">The old 'Things to remember...' thread</font>

It doesn't say much that I didn't, but you can find a link to that post here.

<font color="blue">Replies to this thread</font>

This thread will have replies now and then of important information pertaining to these boards or the main page. Keep an eye on the reply count, as this thread will only be unlocked for only a second to add in important information, then relocked, so you can rest assured that any replies are important ones.

The Atlantic FAQ sticky was updated June 29 2005. Updates are <u>underlined.</u>

G

***************REPOST***************

As you all know, the Atlantic Page has not been kept updated for about three years or so.

Thanks to CrazyJoe, we got all the old stuff archived nicely, and me and the reporter team will begin work on starting it up and keeping it updated. Atlantic has tons of stuff that should be 'officialized' like that, it keeps us connected and updated.

So, this is me letting you guys know what we are up to. What I would love right now from you guys is, reply to this post with what you think we should have listed up there.

What we will have for sure:

Establishments: There is already an establishments thread stickied, but I'd rather redo it, so I locked it. It is stickied so when I replace it, I can link to it from the new thread without having to track it down :p

Links: Like the old doodad, we will host the links to Atlantic guilds, Atlantic communities, and Atlantic vendors that have their own webpages.

Interviews: The team is working their arses off with these player/guild interviews, and it would be great to immortalize them with their own pages in the Interviews section.

Other things I thought of just now we might like, give your feedback on these:

EM quest history: I like the idea of this one, but, does anyone have a complete history of Atlantic quests, screenshots or no? If yes, we can keep it updated.

Atlantic items &amp; artifacts: Here is a link to the old page if you are confused. Basically, artifacts, quest items, seer gifts, anything rare that is Atlantic specific would go here. This is unfortunatley hard to do because of xsharding, but I think with quizzing people 'Hey, was this origional given on Atlantic?' we can work it out and keep a good list.

So once again, give me feedback on what sections you'd like to see! But please, do not submit your establishments/links yet! We will get to those after a meeting, I just wanted to give you a heads up so far, and a place to give us your ideas on what you'd like to see.

THANKS!!!

G

****************REPOST OF GHOSTY'S POST****************

Greetings, fellow Atlantians. I'm happy to announce that, starting in the next couple of days, interviews with the interesting guilds and personalities of Atlantic will begin appearing.

My fellow reporter Cypress and I will take turns on the interviews, so that there will be a guild interview and a personality interview present here at Stratics every week.

The guild interviews have a couple of cravats to them ...

The guilds interviewed are chosen more or less at random, and that we aren't confining ourselves to any particular type of guild. Role-play guilds, PK guilds, faction guilds, craft guilds and most every other type of guild is interesting in their own right, and we will honestly try to get to them all. We are accepting submissions (the address to use is found below), but we cannot guarantee when or in what order the guilds will be interviewed. In other words, we're mixing it up to keep things interesting. :)

The other point is that, if we know a guild is broiled in controversy for being one that espouses hacking, exploiting or other illegal and distasteful activities, they will not be interviewed.

The personality interviews could be most anyone ... from the more famous (and infamous) personas to the average man or woman in the street. Everyone in UO has a story, and we look forward to sharing yours with the rest of the Atlantic community ... but please don't request personal interviews. If we notice you, we'll ask! ;-)

Send Guild Interview requests to: [email protected], and please put 'Guild Interview' in the subject line.

You should see the first of the interviews appearing here in the next day or two. We hope you enjoy them!

Status
Not open for further replies.