• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Re-spawn on the Saltpeter vendor at floating market

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix , should the single saltpeter vendor we have, that we have to buy up from 20 on Siege, take an hour to re-spawn? seems a little excessive. Would it be possible to lower it to 20 minutes, or at least add about a dozen more Vendors or possibly give the vendor 20 lines of saltpeter to sell. just a thought.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As slow as everything goes at the moment, it would be nice if NPC Vendors always re-spawn with min 100 in a pile. It's a pain to have to be in game 1-2 hours or more before you get more than 100 gems of each kind on the vendors. Even when shopping in several towns, getting are a pain, so with only one salt peter vendor, I understand your pain.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix , should the single saltpeter vendor we have, that we have to buy up from 20 on Siege, take an hour to re-spawn? seems a little excessive. Would it be possible to lower it to 20 minutes, or at least add about a dozen more Vendors or possibly give the vendor 20 lines of saltpeter to sell. just a thought.
Giving High Seas some love has been on our wishlist for a while. Several of the topics covered in this thread would be part of a larger HS update - things like streamlining the canon firing process, fixing the boat spawns, updating the encounters/loot and evaluating the crafting process would all be part of that update. Thanks for the feedback!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just increase the spawn of saltpeter when mining.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Giving High Seas some love has been on our wishlist for a while. Several of the topics covered in this thread would be part of a larger HS update - things like streamlining the canon firing process, fixing the boat spawns, updating the encounters/loot and evaluating the crafting process would all be part of that update. Thanks for the feedback!
Thank you for taking time to read my post.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get saltpeter? I know mining but where?
Any dungeon should have it. I seem to recall finding it in caves on prodo so likely anywhere underground. Try the caves around Minoc.

You can buy it from the seamarket alchemist doing the buildup from 20 to 999 over the day and stocking up once you have the gold to do it. I do runs there a few times a year to have saltpeter for making fuses to go with the King's Collection painting's heavy powder charges. The paintings give 50 heavy powder charges a week each.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Any dungeon should have it. I seem to recall finding it in caves on prodo so likely anywhere underground. Try the caves around Minoc.
I don't think the cave around Minoc will work, I never got any there. Maybe try Covetues, around the stone harpies as thet won't attack. Ilshenar is also a choice as it is considered a dungeon.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the cave around Minoc will work, I never got any there.
Just tried those caves and no go on saltpeter, I was full of puppy chow on that. Got the King's collections when I came back and stopped mining for saltpeter.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made much of my starting gold on Siege hunting Solen. They give decent gold, and the gems & powder of translocation you make with the zoogie sold at the bazaar. Go browse those bazaar vendors and see what they're paying decent prices for. Some of them aren't thieves... :rolleyes:

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Boat mining around the rocks will also give niter when chopped up will give saltpeter. Also if there is land on the other side of the rocks its possible to get niter on the land side.