• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Meditation] Rate of regen with 100 Med?

S

Seismic

What is the rate of mana regeneration for 100 Med?

I'm thinking of dropping med from my bard but want to see how much armor MR I'll need to make up for it, or come close! :)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MR from items helps more if you also have meditation or focus.

From Publish 46:
The Mana Regeneration item property is now subject to the principle of diminishing returns.

* The hard cap on MR has been removed.
* As the total MR from items increases, each successive point of MR will give less overall mana regeneration.
o This means that adding more MR will always give more mana regeneration.
o This also means that as you put more MR items on, you get less of a bonus from each additional MR item.
* Having higher Meditation and / or Focus skill will give a bonus to mana regeneration gained from MR items.
* Meditation and /or Focus will now benefit for intermediate values and not just for multiples of 10 (i.e. 80.1 used to give you same MR bonus at 89.9).

S

Seismic

Ok good info .. but what approx is 100 med worth in armor MR? 6-7?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was 10 (or close to it) before the changes I believe.
It's somewhere above 10 after the changes, but I don't know where (I can't find the new formula).

X

xStrikerx

I looked at that calculator and cant determine if it is correct. According to that calculator the difference between 100.0 and 100.1 med is 0.1 mana per sec but the difference between 100.1 and 110.0 is 0.0 mana per sec. That just doesnt seem right.

Shouldnt it use a continuous function?

D

Desolation87

I looked at that calculator and cant determine if it is correct. According to that calculator the difference between 100.0 and 100.1 med is 0.1 mana per sec but the difference between 100.1 and 110.0 is 0.0 mana per sec. That just doesnt seem right.

Shouldnt it use a continuous function?
Um duno what you have done but for me the difference between 100 and 100.1 is 0. (Shown on calc) and 100 and 110 is 0.1 mana per sec. Not sure what your on about.

Infact it only gains an extra 0.1 mana per sec as compared to 100med skill, at 103 skill.