• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Spawn Times

C

Cyric_SP

Startle asked about if the spawn times need redone in the sticky. I don't think those spawn times are correct anymore, here's why:

I spent a full day and a half just running around on my thief doing circuits around Underworld, Abyss, Dojo, and Doom. I ran 3 full rounds in each area before moving on to the next.

Underworld
*Jugs of Goblin Rotgut Rarity3 - Stole them and 45 min later they were there again
*Stolen Bottles of Liquor (2) Rarity4 - Stole them and within 10 min they spawned again

Abyss
*Valkyrie's Glaive Rarity5 - Stole it and by the time I was on my 5th round in the abyss it was back, not sure on the time but I would say at least 6-8 hours

I was amazed at the respawn times so I came to the forums to check out the times in the sticky. According to the times, none of them should have respawned so quickly so I ran down to Doom to find the Stone, knowing it is a Rarity 1 to check the spawn times. Found the stone and logged in on my laptop (so I could play on another acct on my desktop), stole it and sat there waiting for it to respawn. After 3 hours of waiting, it didn't respawn which according to the sticky it should have around 90 min after it was stolen. I even sent the one I stole to my bank via Bag of Sending so that it was off the Doom subserver and I knew that it being in my pack wouldn't interfere with the respawn.

It might be complete coincidence or they could have actually changed the spawn timer on the rares. I don't have the time to actually test this theory on anything higher then a Rarity 2 so it could be I just had a string of awesome luck. Would be nice to be able to verify this, but other then sitting there for days on end camping each Rarity level I have no way to prove it.

Definitely something to look into.

B

Blueice_99

what you are seeing in the super short spawn times is an item that has sat through or pretty close to its new spawn time... Example the level 5 Item has been sitting on the ground there for a day or more... so after you steal it, the item is ready to spawn again. Spawn time of an item is determined by when it is first stealable, not when stolen.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what you are seeing in the super short spawn times is an item that has sat through or pretty close to its new spawn time... Example the level 5 Item has been sitting on the ground there for a day or more... so after you steal it, the item is ready to spawn again. Spawn time of an item is determined by when it is first stealable, not when stolen.
I think Blueice has a point here, but I'm currently checking spawn times for a couple of Rarity 3's, 5's and 7's and will report what I find here.

B

Blueice_99

Thieving is just not what it was back in the Doom days when that was all us thieves had for arti's. The number of people stealing is not nearly at those level and most don't make it a full time profession anymore. Items do tend to sit, granted I don't think you will find a level 7 or higher spawning again right away... 4+ days on up is a long time for something to sit... and with most level 5 items on down being worth so little for points turn in, much less trying to sell them for gold... items sit. The nice part is it can be easier to get a timer for future runs that day as items can spawn around every 15 minutes-you just have to know when to start looking at the 15 minutes- and if an items spawns right away that you just stole :D