• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Rares Raffle Drawing Event

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE: 100 BOOKS HAVE BEEN SOLD THUS FAR, CONTEST IS NOW OFFICIAL

I will be starting a new fun raffling project. I will make an announcement as to when it is ready.

Prizes are:

4th Place – mix and match rares goodies bag (located on Atlantic)
3rd Place – mix and match rares goodies bag (located on Baja)
2nd Place – Clanin’s faction spell book from Shadow Lord Event and a goodie bag (located on Atlantic)
1st Place – Luna House located on (Napa Valley – inner circle, NE corner plot 17x17) Valued at 500-900 mil

Here are the rules:

1. Two “naked female elf” vendors will be put up at the Napa Luna Plot containing books for purchase at 5 mil each.

2. Each book will have a set of 3 random numbers on the cover and inside as well and an additional identifier code on the inside for authenticity checks.

3. If you don’t have gold on Napa, I will accept gold on all US shards including Drachenfels and Europa for books from the vendor (you pay first of course)

4. Winning entries will be the closest set of numbers without going over on the New York State “Numbers” lotto game’s March 15th Midday drawing.

Icq 123172317

Thanks,

Manti

By now you should notice the Raffle numbers are in increments of 5s. As I've stated before I will also take special request numbers. Thus far, the additional numbers below have been purchased:

I will update them as more come in.

All remaining raffle books will be removed midnight March 14th to give those who purchased up to that point a fair chance of winning.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
lol sounds fun. I will buy a couple books

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL
Yes it does sound like fun, I'll buy a few as well. Always ready to take a chance for a BIG payday ;)

Guess that's why I like Vegas so much :gee:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sounds neat, and thanks for adding the ability to pay on other shards :thumbup1:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Put me down for 5 books and I will pay you atlantic when your already friend. I am looking forward to this. lol

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll buy a few or 5 myself. I don't see being able to sell 100 books being an issue! Only crazy people don't believe in gambling.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will get set up sometime tonight or tomorrow the latest. I've thought of something else as well. I will let you pick the 3 numbers if you choose that option too. I will check agaist my list so only 1 set of each possible numbers can be owned by one player.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll buy a few or 5 myself. I don't see being able to sell 100 books being an issue! Only crazy people don't believe in gambling.
In that case I'm VERY SANE!

Gotta decide on my strategy. Hmmmm .........I'll buy five books when Manti first sets it up. Then buy 5 more when approx half have been sold.

:thumbup::gee:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, all the books are set up on the 2 vendors now. Good luck.

If you want to pay with other shard gold just contact me.

If you want to order your own set of numbers icq me.

Thanks

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump, keep buying the raffle books, things are rolling now!! Remember, you can name your own numbers too!!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thus far, 77 books have sold. Remember the Raffle will take place only when 100 books have been sold so we're almost there.

Good luck.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Manticore, ill take 4 books to take it to 60...not fussed on numbers. Can pay on europa. ill Ping you an ICQ tonight.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to hijack, genuine question here. I was under the impression that Ander was selling this house? Is it now only available through this auction?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to hijack, genuine question here. I was under the impression that Ander was selling this house? Is it now only available through this auction?
He was but now that auction has been on hold until the outcome of this raffle, i.e. if less than 100 books are sold the raffle will be cancelled and Ander's auction will still take place and vice versa. I have sent him a message this morning. Thanks for the reminder.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
83 books have been sold so far only need 17 more to make this contest official. Derium LS *hint hint*

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if we happen to win the house but don;t have an account to hold it. how long do we have to 'claim' it?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 days left before the drawing. Who knows the book that's left may be the one!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Best of luck to everyone

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Searches all over the Caslte for his Lotto Books* I seriously need to clean up in here thinks Nabin. Good thing a rares fest is in a few weeks.

*Settles back on his bench in the garden and ponders a memory spell to help with Forgotten items*

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
blueturtle

I have 15 books you can buy if you like ;)

Looks like the Winning # is 016

The closest I come is 050 ( I knew I should have bought book 012) :scholar:

So whoever the lucky winners are

CONGRATS!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Knocks over a pile of old scrolls on the table*

There they are 010,115,220,335,420

ok now what?

*Heads back to the vendors to check on the progress*

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winning numbers are 016

Midday New York Lottery numbers -- Tuesday, March 15, 2011By Staten Island Advance
March 15, 2011, 12:53PM
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Here are the winning numbers in the New York Lottery midday drawing: Numbers 0-1-6; Lucky Sum:7

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Knocks over a pile oo old scrolls on the table*

There they are 010,115,220,335,420

ok now what?

*Heads back to the vendors to check on the progress*
Nabin, I'll go home tonight if no one has 011-116 then you are the winner

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went back and checked spreadsheet, no numbers between 011-016 so Nabin wins with 010. Congratulations.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Went back and checked spreadsheet, no numbers between 011-016 so Nabin wins with 010. Congratulations.
*hmm the Old Sage Raises a brow, Takes a puff on his pipe and considers what to pack for the journey to his home shard from long ago Napa"

Wow thats kinda cool! Thanks Manti. How do the other prizes work?

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
LMAO RIGGED!!!
If I could have rigged the NY Lotto I would be collecting the Millions instead of a House in Ultima.

What a Broccoli :danceb::danceb::danceb:

Man you sure win the Broccoli award a lot.

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

If I could have rigged the NY Lotto I would be collecting the Millions instead of a House in Ultima.

What a Broccoli :danceb::danceb::danceb:

Man you sure win the Broccoli award a lot.
I find it funny how the good friend of the seller of the "lottery" wins the house for basically nothing.. enjoy selling the luna house on uoforums like you do everything peasant nabin..

F

Fraggles

How in the world could he have rigged it lol! Congrats Nabin!! your good karma is comming back around!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so who won 2nd/3rd and 4th place?

Congrats Nabin!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so who won 2nd/3rd and 4th place?

Congrats Nabin!
This is a very interesting situation. Basically there are no 2,3 or 4th place as no other numbers were picked below 016 except for Nabins and according to the rules only numbers closest to the actual without going over will receive the prize.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I find it funny how the good friend of the seller of the "lottery" wins the house for basically nothing.. enjoy selling the luna house on uoforums like you do everything peasant nabin..
Well When one has a lot of "Good Friends" its does happend.

As for being a Peasant. Most Ancient Sage's preffer to be peasents and are happy with their stations in life. I take it as a compliment.

I will work on getting you another serving of Broccoli.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a very interesting situation. Basically there are no 2,3 or 4th place as no other numbers were picked below 016 except for Nabins and according to the rules only numbers closest to the actual without going over will receive the prize.

solution! pick another day for the remaining winners?

(and for the first time I have hit the 'report post' button.... the one above me is truly nasty)

~edit~ kay, that post is gone (thank you!) so you'll just have to trust me, it was nasty

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww you took out my quote, I was gonna bet 100 Bucks on Nabin. Ohh wait Blueturtle captured the quote 2 posts up. =). Edit. Aww darn you took blueturtles post out as well. Oh well my reply makes no sence anymore. /disregard

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww, I missed most of the fun stuff looks like. Ah well, congrats Nabin.