• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare PP hooded robe?

RingoLS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i have no idea guys, been wearing this thing for so many years, somebody walked by me other day and said its pp, rare and valueable, can anybody spread some light on this for me, i have never thought of it as valueable lol

Attachments

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
What hue is it? (use interior decorator tool to get it if you don't know)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have no idea guys, been wearing this thing for so many years, somebody walked by me other day and said its pp, rare and valueable, can anybody spread some light on this for me, i have never thought of it as valueable lol
Ill sell them to you for 10M if you want or you can go get them for free.

1612307723607.png

Can dye them any color.

Unless its a color you can't dye, its not rare.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That's why I asked him the hue... I know Shaman's drop them but IF I am remembering correctly there was a dupe of the Hooded Umbra ones that led to part of the tag being dropped... also remember some of them being rarer hues (no longer obtainable) as well. I am not up to date on all the dye colors available..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread says the duped ones changed colors.

Someone had been trying to sell then for high prices on LS, I had a note on the ones on my vendor telling people not to pay a lot for these. That was a few months ago.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I asked him the hue... I know Shaman's drop them but IF I am remembering correctly there was a dupe of the Hooded Umbra ones that led to part of the tag being dropped... also remember some of them being rarer hues (no longer obtainable) as well. I am not up to date on all the dye colors available..
Savage Shamans?

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can buy the "a monk's robe" version at Empath Abbey. I would think that an 1109 "hooded robe" would be rare, but I think all the duped Umbra and Shroud robes got turned to monk robes. Not sure on that blue the OP has.

1612368677643.png

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just hit Baraab Village. They still drop the Hooded Robe there. Hue is 1834.
Untitled.jpg

Tried to dye it with Glossy Blue (failed to dye), Haochi's Minoccan Fire (failed), Pigment of Tokuno Violet Courage (failed), Natural Dye Bright Purple (worked) ... they can not be dyed any color.
Untitled.jpg

So for me it gets back to what that exact hue is and whether it can be replicated.

PoundCake

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Those are duped hooded shrouds from AOS. The ems changed them all to look like burlap bags.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can buy the "a monk's robe" version at Empath Abbey. I would think that an 1109 "hooded robe" would be rare, but I think all the duped Umbra and Shroud robes got turned to monk robes. Not sure on that blue the OP has.
You can not dye the Monk Robes.
Tried to dye it with Glossy Blue (failed to dye), Haochi's Minoccan Fire (failed), Pigment of Tokuno Violet Courage (failed), Natural Dye Bright Purple (worked) ... they can not be dyed any color.
You can use any cloth dye tub on them. Or any Plant or BOD dye.
Tokuno and other bottles dyes are only supposed to work on artifacts.

Now mine is close to the OPs color. Its a color from the metallic tub.
As you said the OP has to give the color to verify if his is something a tub or plant dye can make.
His toon looks like a metallic color since it is not a solid color.

1612373073263.png

RingoLS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
thanks so much guys, im sure its just the plain jane mettalic dyed one, like i said , had never thought of it as rare, but somebody stopped and said they thought it was, i can always count on good info here, thanks for the time guys

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seen em for 2.5 on vendor search, i thought the guy meant rare, rare hehe
Ya thats why I wrote "do not pay a lot for these, they are easy to get" On the ones on my vendor and left it a few months.

But if yours is some rare color it is not the ones we can get from Eodon.

This guy is saying you can transmogrify onto it.

1612383026018.png

PoundCake

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The umbra ones were easy to get and crap the aos hooded robe which was a pre order gift was duped, everyone wanted one. I had one too. Took a break and came back to a burlap bag.