• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare Colored Nightmares not spawning anymore?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Rare Colored Nightmares not spawning anymore?
When the publish hit Origin i went and was taming up Nightmares and i got 5 of the rare colored ones, spawn rate for me i was getting them about every 30 spawns.
went out last night and thought it would be nice to get one on my home shard.
killed around 60 - nothing.
went out this afternoon and killed another 60 - nothing.
went back in right now, up to 20 so far and still nothing.
so almost up to 150 kill and not one rare color.

anyone else having any luck?
did the spawn rate change when they pushed the publish worldwide?
i know i did White Wyrms last week on my home shard and i pulled 5 of those out over the course of a evening.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone gave me an extra Void one that they got (has a white face). If the new ones are the ones you mean. He got it yesterday or today.

You didn't switch to EC did you? lol

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sweet jesus no!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
got one finally.
around the 150 mark.
guess the RNG wasnt my friend this weekend.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on where you are going to tame the nightmares, the voids spawn few and in between. The problem I ran into with them while taming in Ki-Rin Pass is the rare ones that did spawn were Paragons. So I started hunting them in Umbra and they seem to spawn a lot faster.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont know your pain, i farm them in Fel.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to get maybe 1 rare hued nightmare per hour of farming them... so maybe 1 per hundred. Wtih 4 rare hues, I'm guessing the void is more like 1/400.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got 3 voids in less then an hour yesterday..killed em all cus they were very low hp..but the one with the white spot on it's face I haven't seen yet. I guess it's all about RNG.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got 3 voids in less then an hour yesterday..killed em all cus they were very low hp..but the one with the white spot on it's face I haven't seen yet. I guess it's all about RNG.
You know the low HP ones are the best right? (no joke!)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Depends really.

These are the 2 I have right now

abys.jpg

Depends on what you're looking for...these are both 3-slots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ill bite. Why? Hit points cost 3 each. If your goal is to not increase hit points then I see why you say that. But I cant take a 300HP pet anywhere without it dying.

Not that I have found anything good, but I would like to find High HP and High Str. If a resist is over 80 then that's good also.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ill bite. Why? Hit points cost 3 each. If your goal is to not increase hit points then I see why you say that. But I cant take a 300HP pet anywhere without it dying.

Not that I have found anything good, but I would like to find High HP and High Str. If a resist is over 80 then that's good also.
Right, HP cost 3 points... so the difference between a 280 HP Mare that is level 2 and a 320 HP mare that is level 3 is... 40 HP x 3 points = 120 points with 1381 more left to spend when you level it to a 3. There is virtually NO possible way to have a mare that starts as level 3 be better than a mare that starts at level 2 unless you never train them.

Here is a good example... compare this mare starting as a level 2 to Larisa's mare starting at a level 3. For the most part all your talking about being different is some strength points.

NewMare.png

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
at the end of the day with the stat groups having max points it dosnt really matter what the pets have when they spawn, your gonna need to get in there and tweak the number around and your gonna hit the cap in the end anyways, so i agree, the HP dosnt matter beans anymore unless its over cap, and a 2/3 slot NM is not going to be within 700HP of cap when it spawn.

the only things worth looking for that are over cap are resists IF you want them over cap and other stuff like high stamina/dex (cant remember which one can go over cap.... dex?)
and stuff like my Rune Beetle i tamed that was like 90 in Poison resist.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, HP cost 3 points... so the difference between a 280 HP Mare that is level 2 and a 320 HP mare that is level 3 is... 40 HP x 3 points = 120 points with 1381 more left to spend when you level it to a 3. There is virtually NO possible way to have a mare that starts as level 3 be better than a mare that starts at level 2 unless you never train them.

Here is a good example... compare this mare starting as a level 2 to Larisa's mare starting at a level 3. For the most part all your talking about being different is some strength points.

View attachment 66372
I didn't know they could spawn as 2 slots. The difference on yours is the strength. That's a 462 point difference on one and 528 on the other. Do you get an 1500 extra points to work with? If so, that's a good deal.

biza

Visitor
at the end of the day with the stat groups having max points it dosnt really matter what the pets have when they spawn, your gonna need to get in there and tweak the number around and your gonna hit the cap in the end anyways, so i agree, the HP dosnt matter beans anymore unless its over cap, and a 2/3 slot NM is not going to be within 700HP of cap when it spawn.

the only things worth looking for that are over cap are resists IF you want them over cap and other stuff like high stamina/dex (cant remember which one can go over cap.... dex?)
and stuff like my Rune Beetle i tamed that was like 90 in Poison resist.
There is a resist cap too. All of it actually does matter though. Especially if you are adding abilities and capping combat skills. the less points you have to spend to reach the cap the more you have to spend elsewhere.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is a resist cap too. All of it actually does matter though. Especially if you are adding abilities and capping combat skills. the less points you have to spend to reach the cap the more you have to spend elsewhere.
ya but that dosnt matter.
if you only have 365 points to spend in resist lets say, farming until you get a Rune Beetle with 90 in poison is great but it will still take away from your 365 resist points that you get.
so while having the 90 in poison is great you now are gonna be short changing something else.

same goes with everything else.
there are only so many points you get to use.
so lets say you farm until you get a Nightmare with max HP.
thats great, but those still count against your cap, so your stamina and mana still cant go over the 3300 weight, so your gonna have to cut back on either the stamina or mana.

the only thing it does gain you is if you tame something that is high in the expensive weighted stuff, because you can use those saved points on scroll more scrolls or regens or something.
nut even then is it WORTH it to farm to get a Nightmare with 10-20 more HitPoints, your only really saving like 30-60 points.

its one of those does the time invested to farm it pay off for the couple points you save so you can squeeze on one more power scroll.
i suppose if your spending 200 million on scrolls and such then yes.
but for 99.9% of us no.

Turbo

Adventurer
The extra 1500 training points from taming a 2 slot mare makes a big difference. Unless its a really bad 2 slotter you can train the stats back up to what a 3slot has and have quite a few points left over. Those extra points are well worth killing a couple 3 slot mares to find a 2 slot, however if you are trying to find a rare colour 2 slot that could turn into a much bigger grind.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know they could spawn as 2 slots. The difference on yours is the strength. That's a 462 point difference on one and 528 on the other. Do you get an 1500 extra points to work with? If so, that's a good deal.
Yes, by taming a 2 slot you get the extra 1501 training points. Hence why the lower hp ones (those more likely to be a 2 slot) are better. From what I can tell it's usually only a difference of 300-600 training points to equal the difference which leaves you with around 1000 extra training points... which makes a HUGE difference.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the training stuff aside, the Spawn rate of the critters with "rare" hues does seem like it got changed. Then again we never put as much time in like we do in the first week of a publish.....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL Garth ;)

I am training a 2-Slot and a 3-Slot Mare atm so we'll see...I didn't mess around too much with adding skills/stats on Test because it's just all very confusing lol...which is why I don't do Imbuing...numbers and me do not mix! BUT My Cu is almost ready for his level 1 training and both my mares are around 30%....my original mare is a 3-slot and he's fully trained in his skills so I'll have a few to compare :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With the training stuff aside, the Spawn rate of the critters with "rare" hues does seem like it got changed. Then again we never put as much time in like we do in the first week of a publish.....
Oh I do! I still have 1 Mare I need and it eludes me! I just killed 2 shiny ones....I know..sad right? BUT I already have a shiny one!!! They seem, for me on Origin anyway, to spawn a lot faster in the morning.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I do! I still have 1 Mare I need and it eludes me! I just killed 2 shiny ones....I know..sad right? BUT I already have a shiny one!!! They seem, for me on Origin anyway, to spawn a lot faster in the morning.
Maybe Its a (only so many a day thing). I seem to have the same experience early in the day. My over all RNG runs out about noon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Origin i have like 10 of the new ones.
Sonoma i have..... 1

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
But I cant take a 300HP pet anywhere without it dying.
get someone to go with you to dungeon Wrong and pull the lizardmen to the entrance. I helped a guild mate get his level 1 giant beetle trained up to level 3 there (his only had 80 hit points)
also while fighting those, someone can pull down the cave troll and hungry ogre (make sure the tank is getting hit first)

Brig Din Em (husband) told me about that training there...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I take my blood fox to yamatso mines, he's pretty good in there.