• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random Thoughts

B

Bella

Wow! There is so much GW2 information of late that keeping up with it all seems near impossible! Never mind trying to have it all organized in my mind.

I, like you, have been anxiously awaiting any official news for so long that I'm practically overdosing on it now that the floodgates are ajar but not quite fully opened. I think of it like this: we are at a GW2 buffet being served delicious informational tidbits in the form of news articles, blog posts and videos, to greedily savor while trying to take it all in knowing full well that once fully processed, we will hunger for more. The problem is that the hunger will be intensified now that we've had a taste of what we have been waiting... no, longing for for what seems like an eternity. What we actually want (what we reallyreally want) and I'll even go so far as to say need, is not another influx of GW2 carb-free goodness, no, that really won't do.... what we want is to play the game... to become the game... to turn our little pixel personalities into virtual reality and we want it NOW! How's it feel to want?

ArenaNet is a collectively smart cookie. They release a blog post about signing up for a chance to play in the beta here: https://beta.guildwars2.com hot on the heels of the press beta and almost immediately after the information overload of the past couple of days. Smart, smart move on their part. They sure know how to play their cards right. Don't get me wrong, I am in love with ArenaNet and GW2 and neither can do any wrong in my eyes but wow, now that the game is close to release, they sure know how to keep us on our toes!

I've signed up for a chance to get in on the beta, of course, as I'm sure thousands of others' have as well. My chances of getting in are probably the equivalent of finding a stupid asura but I had to try just the same. What kind of GW2 addict would I be otherwise?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe a lot of information to digest but it never gets old or stale with all the news coming out this week.

As you did, I signed on and I know many else have. This is huge since the beta will be going on for the next 2 months.

So far the game is what I have expected and more from what I have read and watched in videos. There are game mechanics I would like to focus on more if I could.