• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random Acts of Roleplaying, Tales of a Fisherman!

G

Running a guild is hard these days, particularly one that maintains its own town. Making sure the buildings are up to code, balancing budgets, keeping the townsfolk entertained, it is all very stressful!

My last visit to the local wandering healer, he suggested that I take up a hobby to help reduce the blood pressure and stress. As if I don't have enough to do....

Needless to say, dropping dead due to natural causes, in addition to all my deaths at the hand of KoC and TnT would really put a damper in my job duties, so I decide to take up the healers advice. After considering all the options out there, music, tailoring, acting, I finally decide that fishing would best match my Ranger personality.

So, I head off to buy my first fishing pole! After unsuccessfully trying to find one in Skara, I head off to the famed Oaken Oar in Britain, looking for a fisherman to purchase some fishing poles from. I do find it odd that fisherman sell fishing poles, wouldn't they be the purchasers of such items?

Nonetheless, I run into Raven the fisher and purchase a fishing pole!

After acquiring my fishing pole, I feel as if I am needing something else...

I find a nice spot near the edge of the docks, and set up shop....

Success! My first cast results in my first fish! Could I be so lucky?

My first fish....

Gah! A mangy mutt has his eyes on my prize....

What is this?!?!? Are my eyes deceiving me?

I attempt to strike up a conversation.....

But he is a quiet one....

He vanishes in front of my eyes? I wonder what happened? Perhaps I am already a true fisherman and my stench caused him to spontaneously combust...No wonder I find it difficult to recruit for Citizens of the Wispwood Shire...

Exciting stuff....

Seems I have worn out my pole....my first day of fishing done.

I clean up my area, leaving nothing behind. But was it successful?

17 Fish
1 highly peculiar fish
Barely enough for a snack. However, if I can find a cook, I shall have it prepared for next weeks Story Night.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Needless to say, dropping dead due to natural causes, in addition to all my deaths at the hand of KoC and TnT would really put a damper in my job duties, so I decide to take up the healers advice.

[/ QUOTE ]hehe.

Who was the mysterious stranger that appeared?

I

imported_John Connelly

<blockquote><hr>

17 Fish
1 highly peculiar fish
Barely enough for a snack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fatso

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice pictures...im enjoying these little episodes keep it up bruin..and jeremiah wherever you are hiding

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who was the mysterious stranger that appeared?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I really don't know. Some dude literally just ran up, I said "A Visitor!", and he just stood there and eventually timed out.

He looked like he was fresh off the boat (just created his character) because he was wearing the exact outfit of a brand new necromancer.

Perhaps just actually seeing someone on Siege scared him.

His name was Finesse.