• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising Parry past 100?

• Thread starter portcontrol7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

portcontrol7

My parry is sitting at 100. As a Sammy I cant use a shield. How do I raise it past 100?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually as a Sammy you want to train with a shield because it lowers the change to parry the blow to 5%. At GM, you can either go the the sheep pens with no armour or armour with high self repair, but make sure your not wearing anything with defense chance increase, and get all the sheep to attack you while you just sit there holding nothing but a shield. Bring several shields and lots of bandies. Or you can go the the dueling pits in Jhelom and get as many unarmed females to attack you. The pits is probably the faster of the two since you can have as many females attack you as you want. Just have a friend run around hiring them and bring them to you. While they still have them hired, they can disarm them, tell them to stop or stay then release them, so that you can attack them so that they start hitting your char. It works better in Tram, since they can stack on top of each other.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of using a shield, put a lit candle in your hand and a weapon you have 0 skill using in the other hand. The candle will never go boom unless your weapon does.

R

RichDC

I went from 50-115 in about 3 hours using 10sheep in delucia, im a swordsman so i put on a hpr2 shield and a hpr2 club, neither took any damage from the training.

Couple that with a crimmy, bracelet of health (cursed doesnt matter) crystaline, primer/totem tali, and you will barely need to heal until youre about 2hours in when the sheep get good (18hpr)!!!

Make sure youve cast protection on yourself(unless you use healing) and you can chiv heal with no problems.

E

eolsunder

Also in case someone hasn't mentioned it, you of course need to eat a scroll of parrying to let you raise it above 100.. you did that right? hehe

P

portcontrol7

Yeah I have a power scroll. Went to Jehlom, nothing but a sausage party. No wrestlers in that pit. Went to Delucia, got attacked by a crap load of cows, nothing. Guess I'll just let it raise slowly during fighting.

C

Connor_Graham

Try the sheep pen. It works just as well, if not better, than the pits.

T

Turdnugget

If there are only males left in the pits, more than likely someone already gated out the females to train elsewhere... if that's the case, kill the males and females will respawn eventually. Hire the ones from around the arena, take them inside and kill them...wait for respawn.

R

RichDC

Seriously go to delucia and get 8sheep on you, put the weap of different skill in hand (and shield if bush) and watch the raises come flooding.

I have just finished my 3rd 120parrry that way and again about 4hours from 50