• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising parry cap on a beetle

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been tinkering with a fire beetle on test and cannot add a parry scroll to it. The option is not there. If I train up it's parry to 100, will the skill then show on the pet training menu so I can raise the cap?

Secondly, does anyone know what the property weight is for 105/110/115/120 parry?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Is it even possible to train parry/skills up without gaining a slot?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On some pet types you cant add a parry scroll anymore until the wrestling is 100. Cus stopped allowing parry scrolls until Wrestling is 100.

But other pet types have the option right away.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM wrestle eh? I guess I'll have to try one out on a production shard after training skills. Hopefully training skills to GM don't bump the slot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GM wrestle eh? I guess I'll have to try one out on a production shard after training skills. Hopefully training skills to GM don't bump the slot.
I train things without skilling all the time. Do skilling on the last stage.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I train things without skilling all the time. Do skilling on the last stage.
That was my intention. But if I want to scroll parry, I'll have to GM wrestle. That's if it's even an option. Guess I'll find out and update here. Probably won't be this week though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was my intention. But if I want to scroll parry, I'll have to GM wrestle. That's if it's even an option. Guess I'll find out and update here. Probably won't be this week though.
Once wrestling hits 100. The option appears.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once wrestling hits 100. The option appears.
I just want to confirm this. I trained up a crimson drake to GM wrestle and parry then showed it's current skill (68.8). I assume the beetle will be the same.

For some reason I was thinking that parry didn't show up until you hit GM parry. As Pawain said, GM wrestle is when it becomes an option.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just want to confirm this. I trained up a crimson drake to GM wrestle and parry then showed it's current skill (68.8). I assume the beetle will be the same.

For some reason I was thinking that parry didn't show up until you hit GM parry. As Pawain said, GM wrestle is when it becomes an option.

Depends on how much fighting the pet does with a mob in its skill range. I've seen parry as low as 40 on mine when it appears. Some pets have the parry scroll as an option even if wrestling is less than GM. I think beetles do.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just finished training up a fire beetle. Scrolling parry wasn't possible until it hit GM wrestling. And it's parry was only about 16ish when it became visible.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was able to scroll up my blue beetle's parry skill long before I hit GM wrestling - it just didn't show the parry skill (just that the scroll was used) until I hit GM Wrestling.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you do that? I thought the pet had to gain in order to train?

Fighting stuff that has way more skills than the pet wont let it gain skills. I use crazy mage for 2 slot pets. Once something has 600 HP I use Navrey, Unbound vortex , Night Terrors.

Training and skilling are two different things.