• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] raising LP on a paragon chest...

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi guys, i thought id try the lazy route and see if i could raise LP on a paragon chest... the lowest i could find (and couldnt be bothered to go out fighting junk paragons for lower) was a terathan matriach.

i started a new character at 50 LP and went at it... 900 picks later, and i was at 70.x LP... awesome i thought... almost 1000 LP later again and im at about 74. ive just managed to bump it up to 76 or so by using a GM tinker crate.

has anyone gone all the way on the same paragon chest? and is this wall of slow gains to be expected? how many lockpicks could i expect to use if i stick to the paragon chest?

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
picking, opening and relocking the gm chest is SO slow. and gains on the paragon chest appear to have vanished entirely... not sure what to do now :(... i read about a lockpicking macro in uoa... is there a link to it? (i had a look, but its late and im tired, i may have missed it)

edit: ok, so at 77.2 lockpicking, i burned through 400 lockpicks and didnt see a single gain, targetting the paragon chest. it gained SO well before :(

*sad panda*

D

Demoquin84

UO Assist is easy ...

make a macro for

lock pick >pause > chest > pause

if chest is unlocked

key > pause>chest > pause

loop

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trained so far on a fitting set of paragon chests:
earth ele, wyvern, cyclopse, terra matriarch
It worked well. When I finally opened one of the chests, I moved on to a higher one. Shortly after 92 (cyclopse chest counts as lvl 4) gainign stopped. I now usually only break my picks on the terras chest. I gave up that route and went to GGS/bank/dungeon chests. (I dont like the satyr-method.)

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a so its because its a terrathan matriach chest. upsets me that it gained so well to 70. i will have to learn how to use 'if' clauses in uoa, cheers demoquin

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not shure what courses the gains top ..... actually you shouldnt be able to gain this way: you train on a chest where you have absolutely no chance for success. Maybe only the gain chance for gaining on fails drops into too deep.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went from 77.2 LP to 100.0 in about an hour last night.

my gf logged onto my character using the enhanced client and made a macro to pick the gm tinkered box and then use the key on it, and repeated that about 5 times, then set the macro to loop 10 times, then set the macro to F1 and mashed it. it seems that there is no 'you must wait to perform this action' in the enhanced client, and gainst skyrocketed. 25 minutes later my LP was at 95 and stuck, so she took the character to the twisted weald and got discorded by the local satyr, and 15 minutes later (if that) she was at GM.

i dont know if this is working as intended or a bug or what, but it was pretty insane. im back to using my beloved 2d client and working my way around the built in delay on performing any action. i think my gf just saved me a couple of months of work.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got lucky and found a lockpicking rune book for sale. There are alot of lots crates and chests in the towns that are great for training picking on.