• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

raising discord

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
will dropping music to 90 raise my discordance gains? i hear some people say it does but others say it doesnt

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats your music at?

lock it at 100.0, that gives you 100% chance to succeed the musicianship skill check without conveying a bonus to your discordance. any higher and you will be making it difficult for yourself, any lower and theres a chance you might fail the musicianship skill check before even getting to the discordance skill check.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my music is currently at 100

anyway i was checking out the barding difficulty caculator and it shows my success chance for discording go down when i drop music from 100 to 90 i was wondering if doing this well actually increase my gains with discord?

for example 100 music 100 discord has a 100 chance to discord on acid elemental but when music is dropped to 90 the discord chance is 90%, does it actually mean that my chance to discord the monster has been reduced? or did it go down to 90 % because it means i am going to fail the music check 10 % of the time

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
at 90 you loose the 100% chance to pass the music check.

kinda strange..... at 100% music you pass the music check 100% of the time.

hehehehehehe

i wouldnt drop your music.
cause you will fail the music check, and when you do that you dont even get a attempt at your disco (or provo or peace) check.

which makes training...... well slower?

make sence?

L

LionUWF

Jeez i was training disco all yesterday, and i got fromn 28 to 55... i forgot how stressful this skill can be, but i back up Poo's words, i stopped at 85 music for a little bit as was getting sick of trining it by then but it made training disco that much harder :(