• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiver of rage damage bonus

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Hi,

I see the quiver of rage has a damage modifier. Does this only affect archery, or is it 10% damage bonus to any weapon?

Thanks for your help.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It's only affect Archery. It's combined with other DI bonuses (from skills, STR and so on).

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think @CorwinXX is only part right. I agree that it only affects Archery. However I think he is confusing Damage increase and damage modifier.

DI comes from: item properties, tactics, anat, lumberjacking(if using an axe), spells like Divine Fury, and Inspire (the Provo bard Mastery). DI dies not have a hard cap imposed by the game mechanics, but it effectively capped by maxxing out the arrtibutes in question. If you want to know what your total damage increase is, simply compare the base damage shown on your weapon with the damage range shown in your character stats.

Damage Modifier, which is the property on quivers, takes the damage shown in your character sheet, and modifies it. THis is capped at 300% (IE: it triples the damage shown). The most common sources of DM are: slayer items (super slayer = DM 200%, lesser slayer = DM 300%), the Chiv spells Enemy of One, and Consecrate Weapon(at Chiv > 90 I think). The bard mastery Inspire also gives a DM bonus.

Quivers also have DM, not DI.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It's DI. With 130 STR, 120 Tactics/Anatomy and 100% DI from items your total DI is 290%. This gives you 62-78 with a Composite Bow. But with quiver bonus your DI is 300% and your damage is 64-80. You can see this damage in your states when you are shooting.

My archer has 130 STR and 120 Tactics/Anatomy.
dmg80.png

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
What client is that? While I agree in principle with your math, we're now in a situation where there is a 100% chance we have seen a bug. Either the bug is in the description of the quiver (by calling it DM, instead of DI), or it is with the way that client calculates damage.

I can tell you that both of the OSI clients do NOT update the character window - not for a quiver of infinity anyway. With 150 str, 120 tact, 120 anat, and 100 DI from items my OSI clients showed me at the same 64-80. When I put on the quiver it didn't change. When I took off some DI from items(by letting DF expire...) my damage shown went down accordingly, but when I added the quiver back in and out, it didn't change.

One of our clients, therefore, has a bug. But we still can't say for sure whether the quivers really add DI or DM without testing.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I use Pinco's UI.
The state changes only when you are shooting. The state doesn't change when you just equip a quiver.

Here my archer does 240 damage (Despicable Quiver):
dragon240.png
I believe without the quiver you can do up to 237 damage with 150 str.
And I believe that damage done is not calculated by a client but is got from server.