• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quiet 'round these parts...

• Thread starter The Green Thief
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

The Green Thief

Anybody still playing? More accurately, any of the old folks still playing? Seems like I haven't been around here in ages. What's the current state of the game?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I log in here and there, not often. Spend most my time these days with D3 and SWTOR.

Eddie123

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i play my thief some might start back again. I have been gone for a few months tho so might have to start stealing some things again.

ps. anyone know if shinobi is back playing yet???

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I haven't been in game much the last two years. Haven't heard anything about Shinobi recently.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm starting to get back into it. Training new thieves across a bunch of shards. I'm afraid by the time I finish training them, though, the will to play will have dwindled again.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody still playing? More accurately, any of the old folks still playing? Seems like I haven't been around here in ages. What's the current state of the game?
Remeber how terrible the population of the game was in 2007?

Divide that by about 20.....

Now on top of that with the house teleporters so people can go anywhere without leaving the inside of private housing (no longer a need to recall to outside steps or open a gate), 90% of the active houses being INSIDE a guard zone now (Ter-mur gate houses and new-mag houses), and the new dungeon loot system basicly making anything below an orny in power "wothless" even on siege, and don't even get me started on the farming of non-lootable points they just added that you can turn in for artifacts within the city GZ. Basicly the only thieving still viable is either being a pure spawn thief (but good luck EVER finding an active one on any shard but ATL) or being a tram guild infiltration thief. (unless you're really into bandages and pots i guess) Siege seems to fancy itself some sort of "wild west" still but frankly in the state it's in now it's more trammy than even the prodo shards were 5 years ago....which says a WHOLE lot for how the other shards are now too :/ I think Saint is the only one left on the shard at all really, with the state of the game most of the rest of us even on siege have left for greener pastures. (Mostly darkfall, "other" shards, and diablo3)

T

The Green Thief

Well, that's definitely disappointing but not altogether unexpected. We saw the writing on the wall long, long ago. Oh well, just thought I would pop in and see what was going on.

F

Fingers of Cats

I too was curious about the state of the game... I must say I haven't logged in in about 2 years after about a 2 year break. Ever since AoS I only played hit and miss. This is the only game I have ever really wanted to come back to but just can't because of the lack of population and PvP thieving is just dead :/ I miss it... only game that can get me emotional over its music from all the good memories!