• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick Question on the Dungeon fishing quests.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
While my Fisher has some macing skills I am not sure he is up to fighting his way through a dungeon to fish. Are they are runes marked to safe spots in the dungeons for these quests?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I go to this spot in Shame. The same level that has the unbound vortex. I have magery skill on my fisherman so I can just tele to the different mini islands. On the trammel side you can mark a rune to take you directly there.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can also go to the fire island abyss entrance, go inside and go to the hidden door and through there to the teleporter. There is a broken bridge there and you can tele to it and fish, not sure about marking runes but you should be able to use teleport scrolls to get there.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There is a hidden door on the right wall of this hall near Garamon which needs to be double clicked to open. You also need to do the same to the other hidden door connected via a dark passage to open it and thus reach to a hall full of Rotworms and an occasional Blood Elemental.

Do I just go through the first hidden door only?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's my favorite dungeon fishing spot...

It takes a teleport to get there, but anyone can cast teleport from a scroll (treated as a 1st level spell for difficulty when cast from a scroll, and the scrolls can be bought from some NPC mages). Nothing can reach you there, and you can recall out.

You go to A, then Teleport down to B, and bounce between B & C as the 2 spots per location run out.

The nice thing about the location is once you're down to B & C, you're pretty much safe from anyone luring spawn onto you. The hardest part is running past the blood elemental (which is fairly easy if you invis while opening the lower door, and are mounted), and humans with no magery can successfully cast teleport down there more often than not (with reagents, arcane clothing or LRC), with elves & gargs having about the same 75% chance when using scrolls. The Beetle is good for hauling the fish out, as well as the speed, though finding a spot on the rocks by "B" to drop footwear can be difficult (at worst, store them till you go over to C, then unload there)

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There is a hidden door on the right wall of this hall near Garamon which needs to be double clicked to open. You also need to do the same to the other hidden door connected via a dark passage to open it and thus reach to a hall full of Rotworms and an occasional Blood Elemental.

Do I just go through the first hidden door only?
Go through both doors, Basara posted about the same spot I was talking about. I just didn't have a chance to get screen shots for it. It's a great spot but like he said, footwear can be a pain lol.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Basara do you know if a rune could be marked there? Was thinking of trying to get me stealthier to mark some runes there for my fisher if she could.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One very safe and easy spot to get dungeon fish are the water areas by the twisted weld entrance. There are three ponds as you go into the cave. Further back is the river. Since I'm only fishing to fill fishing quest I start there. Then i use the shame spots mentioned above.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, the safest spot in all of Sosaria for dungeon fish are the old mushroom caves (Ilshenar, Spirituality moongate, into the caves, then go south to the water, instead of north to the weald entrance). That is, if someone doesn't release a tamed cu in there and your fisher is neg karma, or if someone doesn't dig up an ore elemental mining in there.

But, when there are multiple people going for dungeon fish, it's also one of the places that is often fished out.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I go to this spot in Shame. The same level that has the unbound vortex. I have magery skill on my fisherman so I can just tele to the different mini islands. On the trammel side you can mark a rune to take you directly there.

I know it has been a few months since I first made the thread. Today I finally got around to doing the Sacred Quest to gain access to the Abyss.
Looking at your picture and a map of Shame This is level 5? Just making sure before I head down there. I have 2 dungeon fishing quests now and I want to do them. Edited on the level number. I marked runes to each island today can't wait to see what I fish up.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it has been a few months since I first made the thread. Today I finally got around to doing the Sacred Quest to gain access to the Abyss.
Looking at your picture and a map of Shame This is level 5? Just making sure before I head down there. I have 2 dungeon fishing quests now and I want to do them. Edited on the level number.
I think it's level 5. It's right near where the unbound vortex spawn. I just went on a Mage and marked a rune then just gave the rune to my fisherman.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes that is level 5 :)

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't you know it? I work to get a rune to level 5 Shame and start collecting possible fish for quests and now I get crabbing quests again. LOL

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't know if Shame is like this, but that spot I go to in the Underworld allows you to set 8-9 traps while you fish the area.

It never hurts to find a place where you can both dungeon fish and crab pot.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The down side being they added a new land mass with lots of great fishing spots but couldn't find the time to add any new Rare or Legendary fish to catch. Very disappointed in this but holding out hope something can be added down the road.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The down side being they added a new land mass with lots of great fishing spots but couldn't find the time to add any new Rare or Legendary fish to catch. Very disappointed in this but holding out hope something can be added down the road.
@Kyronix

Any chance of new fish/lobsters/crabs/bait etc for the new lands in the future?

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Using a crystal portal saying "wind mint" gets you straight there. Several waterspots and each give dungeon fish and you're absolutely 100% safe there.
Happy Fishing!!
Henzy