• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick fishing question

N

nukeman8

Do i need combat skills on a fishing character or just enough to kill sea serpents?

i figured i could kill serpents with explosion pots for the mibs and use fishing nets then swap to a combat character to kill the spawn, am i missing something?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can gate around ... a crafted vollem would be fine. Seen over a longer time always using explo pots could become expensive. (To get a non-bonded pet onto your ship: mark a rune, where your pet is, recall onto your boat, open a gate from the rune, step through and let your pet follw you, step back).
If I am not fully wrong, you should be able to cast the nets with a fighting character. (Note to myself: Try out later the day. :D )

N

nukeman8

no idea what a vollem is :lol:
I can make explo pots myself and have alchemy on my fisher so it wouldnt cost alot and would do extra damage.

anyway off to see if i can find out what a vollem is, i really should stop quitting UO heh

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tinkers can craft golems. A vollem is some kind of a stronger golem, that can be crafted from a tinker after he read a manual for it. That manual can be gotten by doing a quest in the abyss or by buying from other players.
Basicly a golem would work too, but he can get in danger fi you fish up two serpents at once and wants it to handle them both.