• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions Regarding Clean-up Turn-ins

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are Christmas 2011 items not on the turn-in list? I just checked the Santa and some holiday cards and each one said that they are worth zero turn-in points.

Also, I know that the silver jewelry does not give turn-in points, but when I've been dumping bags of the new loot in the trashcans, I generally see that I received points for 55 out of 60 items for example. I know there are no silver jewels in the bags because I sort them out. Are there any other known loot items that don't give points?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Quite possibly not. The amount of time it would take to check every single item that's been introduced to UO to weed out those that do not give points would be enormous.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite possibly not. The amount of time it would take to check every single item that's been introduced to UO to weed out those that do not give points would be enormous.
With respect to loot items, I might agree but people did notice that silver jewelry gives no points. Wouldn't be surprised if someone noticed other loot. But with respect to the 2011 holiday stuff, I think that should be addressed fairly easily.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This might be something that you could ask the devs about. A list maybe of inclusive items, I'm pretty sure they don't have a list of excluded one's laying around.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's because even the jewelers won't recognize Silver colored jewels ..... they never have. So neither does the trash.

As someone who used to sell everything that I looted to the NPC's when I was a fisherman I realized long ago that silver isn't wanted by the Jewelers... so was instantly trashed.

Just like masks such as the bear mask, deer mask, orc masks, and such are not recognized by the tailor or provisioner as a "hat".

Also a pet peeve I have is that Bear Masks, Deer Masks and such as well as hats while they come with resists on them like a helm.... are not treated like a helm.... because they are made of "cloth" so because of this you can't make them "special" by using a special sewing kit like a barbed kit to craft them so they also can NEVER be crafted and dyed with special dyes like tokuno dyes or anything... You can't do anything to them such as try to improve them with leathers attempting to add better resist. The only thing you can do is imbue them. And then they still aren't "special" enough to dye with Tokuno dyes or anything. Nice that we can make the masks.... but not nice that hats while they have resist aren't helmets and therefore can't be made better. In my opinion one ought to be able to reinforce them with leathers making them stronger and more resistant. But that's my opinion and then also you should be able to add specials to them by crafting them using a runic sewing kit.

Last edited:

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, no Dev response here yet. :( But I did some testing on my last bag of turn-in items. Apparently, "Antique" items have no turn in value. Was this intended? Is it widely known? I don't recall hearing about it. But at least I now know to unravel all unwanted antique items.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"fixing the trash" does not seem like it should be a priority.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are right about 2011 cards... as well the "food" from the horn of plenty is all worth 5 points only someone left out the sweet potatoes. Now maybe they like them and don't want folk throwing them but.... but for me sweet potatoes are gross and only for the trash barrel..... so I'd prefer if they were worth 5 points just like everything else.

And I REALLY want hats revamped to be able to be "enhanced" and Imbued properly. Deer Masks, Bear Masks and such are craftable now but it isn't worth it to do so since they fall in the hat catagory which gives them ZERO ability to be made with or enhanced with leathers. Which honestly they are..... you don't make a dear mask or bear mask out of cloth... you use leather.... that stuff made from hide which his what you took it off of... and how the hair of the beast stays ON. So in short hats ought to belong to the "helmet" club. Like a LEATHER CAP..... And you should be able to not only improve them even the cloth ones by enhancing them with leathers..... but you should be able to make special nice ones with a sewing kit like barbed, horned and spined..... etc.... because you can really irl make a hat more of a "helm" with leathers. And you can pad them to be more protective... please make all hats more like the leather cap...... and allow them to be imbued, enhanced etc... give them armor qualities.