• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions of Whammy

L

lawliet

Hi, i have a few questions about whammy (I want him for doom gauntlet)

First, This template its ok? recommend me betters plz.
100 SS
100 Necro
120 weapon skill
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
60 chival

Second:
I have 100 fencing...but with whammy..i must use 2handed weapons because bushido + parry...then...its better any other weapon skill than fencing?

Third:
What weapons do u recommend me? (Sword mace or fencing on template) Because its HARD to find a 2handed weapon with Demon/undead slayer...etc

(edit)
And last i forgot the stats, without ps, what u recommend me?Thx!

Thx

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the UO Stratics parry calculator, with 120 Bushido and 120 Parry and 140+ dex, you have a 40% chance to block with a 2-handed weapon, and a 35% chance to block with a 1-handed weapon, so you don't have to use a 2-handed weapon. The only thing you can't use is a shield because then you would only get a 5% chance to block. If you use pots, then use a 1-handed weapon.

T

Turdnugget

Do you plan on going wraith form? If so, why do you want 100 necro? With human JoAT you can hold wraith form with 0 real skill.

As stated, it's only a 5% difference with a 2handed weapon. Plus with a 1hander you can chug pots in dire situations.

It all depends on what weapons you can get to decide which weapon skill you want to use. Swords is nice because there is generally a lot out there... Plus you can use a Soulseeker which is good for a number of PvM situations. The Conjurer's Trinket gives you the Undead Slayer + 10 HCI as well.

L

lawliet

I was thinking on 100 necro for blood oaths, curse weapon and wraith form...if i dont need 100...what skill i can put there?thkiu u two

T

Turdnugget

You could go for Bloodoaths... not sure how many wammies actually do that.

You could substitute in more Anat/Tacs. Resist spells.

I just dunno how effective casting bloodoaths will be since you probably wont have any FC so you might get interrupted too much for it to be worthwhile/effective.

Curse weapon you only need like 40 necro for it to work just about every time I think.

G

GFY

I would suggest you try a mace weapon. They drain stamina from your opponent with every hit. Combine this with the mana you leech from being in wraith form, and you could easily have a mob with no mana, and no stamina, meaning a very slow swing speed, (less chances to hit) and no mana, less chance for spell damage.

A regular mace for disarm, very effective vs then officers in the invasion, and a diamond mace with good mods for the specials.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reasons for 100 necromancy:
1. Vamp form + curse weapon = double life leech. That means you can go from no life to full life with one good hit against a low resist opponent (Dark Father for example)
2. Animate dead. In some situations, having a little extra help really saves time. Take Travesty key collecting, for example.
3. Strangle, wither. If you're being picked at by a dozen little things, one wither can take care of it all, in wraith form it usually takes no mana to cast. Strangle is a great spell for adding just a touch of extra damage.
4. Summon familiar. The snake familiar is often underused. The dark wolf familiar allows you to tame and use a bake kitsune. The wisp familiar can almost be used in place of mana regeneration.
5. Vampires can use mounts, wraiths can't.

Reasons to have 40 necromancy:
1. You only want to use 3 spells, wraith form, curse weapon and pain spike. You can be VERY impressive only using these three spells.

Reasons to have no necromancy (or 20 if you're an elf, which you should be)
1. You have healing skills that have nothing to do with necromancy.

Weapons:
I use one handed weapons on my samurai, but I like using potions. My favorite weapon type was the mace, as the diamond mace has the highest DPS (damage per second) of any one handed weapon and can still swing as the maximum speed. My swordsman uses an ornate axe (2 handed) because I found a really good one. He also uses soul seeker or luminious rune blades, depending on the situation.

A

Arch Magus

I've been thinking about fixing up my old Vamp samurai.

Do you guys use regs, or do you have LRC suits with max DCI only, or DCI and HCI both ?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vamp-form only: use arcane clothing to get into the form
Wraith form with no other spells planned: take a lot of pig iron for curse weapon. Possibly use arcane clothes for retrieving the pig iron after death.
Wraith form when you do plan on using other spells: Take a minimum amount of everything except for pig iron. When I used the template, I could go a long time with just 20 of each reagent and 80 PI.
LRC just takes away from more useful mods when you're a PvM necro-warrior.

C

Connor_Graham

LRC just takes away from more useful mods when you're a PvM necro-warrior.
Ain't that the truth. Between HCI/DCI and the extra fire resist that you need, you don't have a whole lot left over for extras.

L

lawliet

Reasons for 100 necromancy:
1. Vamp form + curse weapon = double life leech. That means you can go from no life to full life with one good hit against a low resist opponent (Dark Father for example)
2. Animate dead. In some situations, having a little extra help really saves time. Take Travesty key collecting, for example.
3. Strangle, wither. If you're being picked at by a dozen little things, one wither can take care of it all, in wraith form it usually takes no mana to cast. Strangle is a great spell for adding just a touch of extra damage.
4. Summon familiar. The snake familiar is often underused. The dark wolf familiar allows you to tame and use a bake kitsune. The wisp familiar can almost be used in place of mana regeneration.
5. Vampires can use mounts, wraiths can't.

Reasons to have 40 necromancy:
1. You only want to use 3 spells, wraith form, curse weapon and pain spike. You can be VERY impressive only using these three spells.

Reasons to have no necromancy (or 20 if you're an elf, which you should be)
1. You have healing skills that have nothing to do with necromancy.

Weapons:
I use one handed weapons on my samurai, but I like using potions. My favorite weapon type was the mace, as the diamond mace has the highest DPS (damage per second) of any one handed weapon and can still swing as the maximum speed. My swordsman uses an ornate axe (2 handed) because I found a really good one. He also uses soul seeker or luminious rune blades, depending on the situation.
first, thx
But with vampire form...i need a weapon with mana leech no? so..its ok to "sacrifice" a nice demon/undead slayer weapon for a nice weapon with mana leech?like Di 35..mana leech ..40%? and more props i think
But the damage will do very low if the weapons isnt slayer nope?
Thx.

I would suggest you try a mace weapon. They drain stamina from your opponent with every hit. Combine this with the mana you leech from being in wraith form, and you could easily have a mob with no mana, and no stamina, meaning a very slow swing speed, (less chances to hit) and no mana, less chance for spell damage.
Thats interesting...i was thinking stamina drain was only for PVP..then its a very good choice, thx.

And one more global question.
What to do (more if im vampire) VS the Flamestrikes? the abyssmal horror does Horror damage with it! thk

C

Connor_Graham

first, thx
But with vampire form...i need a weapon with mana leech no? so..its ok to "sacrifice" a nice demon/undead slayer weapon for a nice weapon with mana leech?
If you figure this:

EoO 50% DI + Item DI 100% + Achieved Perfection 100% DI

Then you're only really out about 50% total DI out of the 300% cap.

like Di 35..mana leech ..40%? and more props i think
But the damage will do very low if the weapons isnt slayer nope?
For any Sampire (and Wammy's too really) the must have mods are SSI, Mana Leech, and Stamina Leech. All 3 of those are absolutely necessary for success.

And one more global question.
What to do (more if im vampire) VS the Flamestrikes? the abyssmal horror does Horror damage with it! thk
Build your suit with extra fire resist so you're still at or near 70 Fire when Vamp form is cast. That solves the problem.

T

Turdnugget

Farsight, thanks for the insight on what 100 necro can be useful for =)

So does Animate Dead take up control slots as well?

And the Death Adder, what will that allow you to do? There doesn't seem to be info about that on UOGuide.

Good call on the macing weapon as it drains the opponents stamina faster. Now the question I have, is stamina leech uber important over hit point leech? W/out stamina would I rely heavily on divine fury and refresh pots?

Looks like a War Hammer would be the easiest to find for a whirlwind situation, when wither gets interrupted...

Looks like i'll need to start getting some runics to start trying to craft some weapons. I've got plenty of swords weapons... but i've always thought a diamond mace would have better damage output.

And do I 'need' the SSI on a diamond mace? If using potions and what not, I should be able to get at least 1.5 second swing speed. Is that .25 SS going to kill me?

C

Connor_Graham

Now the question I have, is stamina leech uber important over hit point leech? W/out stamina would I rely heavily on divine fury and refresh pots?
Yes, it's VERY important. If you're not swinging, you're not leeching.

And do I 'need' the SSI on a diamond mace? If using potions and what not, I should be able to get at least 1.5 second swing speed. Is that .25 SS going to kill me?
Yes. You need to not only be at max swing speed, but also have enough cushion to allow you to take a good amount of damage before your swing speed drops. This allows you to continue leeching. If your leeches slow down, then eventually you're going to end up dead.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animate dead takes no control slots, but you don't get credit for their kills either.

Death adder gives you control over snakes (at no control slot cost either) which is really handy in the Blighted Grove (use serpents against dryads or Coil, who isn't affected, I believe) or in Baracoon spawns (use serpents against each other or rats).

I never did find a satisfactory war hammer, but the area effect on the pixie swatter served me well more than once (you don't drain on spell or area effect, FYI). But if you can find a warhammer that's nice, then by all means, use it.

Life leech on a weapon is terribly unreliable, and you'll be leeching enough from vamp form or curse weapon in any case. But without stamina leech and mana leech, you'll be in trouble. The monsters you'll be hunting will drain significant amounts of stamina with each hit, which means that you'll be drinking/casting every 3-6 seconds, depending on what you're fighting. That's why stamina leech is my #2 attribute for a necro-warrior weapon. Mana leech is also vital, since without mana you can't cast anything, and you'll be casting a lot.

And yes, that extra quarter second is pretty important. It isn't vital for short fights (named ML monsters), but for the peerless and Doom runs, those quarter seconds add up quickly. It may not be vital, but it is pretty important. Don't forget to take into account that you WILL be cursed by almost everything you hunt.

T

Turdnugget

Ok, thanks for the info. Looks like it's time to find/burn some runics then.

No good diamond maces on Baja =/

Now using a death adder and having control over snakes, how do I control them?

And what would be the best way to get the DH keys w/out using that template? As it was suggest to use anatomy instead of SS...

G

GFY

I have a friend that uses a berserkers maul and he does very well with it.