• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions for BOD collectors!

I

imported_sbom

<blockquote><hr>

Excuse me?

Wilki's ACCOUNT dates from 8/30/04

This thread was started near the end of January, 2007.

because if you use the account date when looking at this, you'll think that it was posted back and forth through time (several posters with accounts from 2003 and earlier replied too).

[/ QUOTE ]

I just realized that, tx...cool, I can post in that thread then and provide some feedback too!

I

imported_sbom

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?)

<font color="purple"> Tailor: 2 chars
Smith: 1 char

More tailor because the high-end rewards are easier to get, and more useful.
That is because the number or tailor LBOD is smaller than the number of smith LBOD.

Also, as 90% of the people out there are using leather armors, the barbed kit is more useful than the smith verite hammer.
Smith hammers are only useful for making weapons...and even there, you can argue that loot gives better stuff.
</font>

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?

<font color="purple"> In average, I collect 4 tailor and 2 smith BODs per day.
I only sort them out and turn them in once every two months or so...at which point I usually only have 1-2 that are worth turning in. </font>

<font color="green"> Please make low-end BODs useful. An idea that has been mentioned many times, consists in being able to "stack them".
Instead of getting a reward for an entry-level BOD (large weapon for isntance), you could turn 2 of them in, to get "Credit" for the next level of reward. If you manage to collect and fill-in 4 weapon LBODS, that would give you the same reward, as a "level-3" LBOD (low-level hammer maybe). With 8 weapon LBODs, you get equivalent of a mid-level hammer. 16 weapon LBODs equivalent to a good hammer...

If you turn-in a lot of them, you could get the best rewards.
Maybe something like 32 or 64 weapon LBOD would be equivalent to 1 verite LBOD (?). Maybe 4 LBODs that would give you a +10 hammer, would be equivalent to a +60 hammer (?).

Same thing on the tailor side: 2 (or 4?) spined kits would give you a horned kit. 2 (or 4?) horned kits would give you a barbed kit.

To get there, you only need to give a "level" to all the LBODs, and have a system that allows to trade 2 filled-in LBODs of the same level (or two "credits" of that level), for a "credit" of the next level: pyramidal scheme.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

A

_Anwnn_

The timers are the same for both skills. The timers are different for different skill levels.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The timers are the same for both skills. The timers are different for different skill levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, then then your telling me my Leg Smith still must wait 6 hours between getting bods (granted without filling them) but my .1 Taming bod runner can get bods every hour on the hour. So I should drop to .1 smith and pick up bods every hour and transfer to my crafter? That just doesnt sound right to me. If that is how it works, then I Definitely think they need TO FIX the Timers for Getting Bods. Make it a set time for all skills and both professions.

I

imported_sbom

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, then then your telling me my Leg Smith still must wait 6 hours between getting bods (granted without filling them) but my .1 Taming bod runner can get bods every hour on the hour. So I should drop to .1 smith and pick up bods every hour and transfer to my crafter? That just doesnt sound right to me. If that is how it works, then I Definitely think they need TO FIX the Timers for Getting Bods. Make it a set time for all skills and both professions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, there are two different things happening: with lower skill you will get BODs more often (1 per hour), but you will not be able to get the large BODs, and will have a smaller chance to get the good small BODs.
I'm not sure if the "formula" has been published, but it's something along those directions.
I'm not sure whether or not you can get all the small BODs or only the crappy ones with low skill (?).
If you get them all, then it's a good idea to have your main crafter with high skill value (to colect the LBODs) and other chars with 0.1, to collect many SBODs...but again, I'm not sure you can get all the SBODs on a 0.1 char,maybe only the crappy ones (??).
It is also possible that the chance to get the good ones is there, but very low (?).

G

BOD quality is also based on level though you COULD run an hourly BOD runner for JUNK BODs to give to your legendary Smith to fill and turn in for maybe better ones.

The BIGGEST problem with the two BOD systems is the disparity in reward access. Not only are Barbed runic kits easier to get than Valorite or Verite Runic hammers, but they also make inherently better armor (due to the issues with leather vs metal armors).

T

Takara Ryooshi

I collect both with two players, if I remember to. I look up the better ones on Tower of Roses, maybe I'll fill it, maybe I'll turn it in. Depends on what I make with it, and my mood. I build up books of them and after, I dunno, 3 months or so I look to see if I have anything to turn in. Then I do a mass of them, 1000-2000. Usually I wait till I'm tired of watching paint dry. Fillin' dat many ranks a bit under that.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? No brainer, top end, especially for smith, if only they made better stuff more often too. If I get only 25 chances, I'd like 15-20 better better than what can be found on top level bosses.
- too easy to get? No comment
- are the most useful? I use these: Sturdy shovels, Prospector's Hammer, powder , CBD, top-end runics of coarse; tailor runic for that rare chance at a decent armor item, smith for weapons.
- are the least useful? All those I don't use
(see above).

sometimes 4 a day, only play on weekends, if at all.
I wait till I have a lot, like 250, 500, 1000 and do insane bod fillin' in swipe. It's the only way it seems to see if you can get a decent bod or 2.

Need to try and balance it for both ends; Occasional bod runner, BOD Mega Scripters running 10+ accounts all running 120Smith/Tailors, unless of coarse scripters will go away sometime soon...

And maybe while you're at how about checking the frequency of fletching &amp; carpentry runics. More rewards there too please!

F

FishinFoolOTC

<blockquote><hr>

I've been looking at the BOD system, thinking about how we might improve it, and I have a few simple questions for those who collect BODs on a regular basis.

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?) <font color="red"> I do both but mostly Tailor about 2 to 1 </font>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?<font color="red"> High End Smithy. many years and not even close </font>
- too easy to get?<font color="red"> Garg picks... way to easy and as such are now worthless. i couldnt possably use them all up </font>
- are the most useful?<font color="red"> Powder of Fort and CBD </font>
- are the least useful?<font color="red"> Garg Picks and prospect tools most people who mine regularly have rune books full of each color ore so their is no need to raise anything one level. at least with smithy low end you get cloth you can recycle back into filling bods. </font>

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day?<font color="red"> 4, 2 each Trun in aprox 100 a week </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

as a side not on the whole tailor V smith bods. not taking into account each odd bod but just ones that are used in large bods. their is roughly 54 smithy (this is just each type X 3 each for noraml and exe) V 30 Tailor. in large it is even more lopsided. their is roughly 180 smithy V 84 Tailor thus making the odds of filling a Tbod more then twice as likely what it is for a smithy

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had dry spells for barbed kits before but it does seem like something has changed recently. I averaged 2 maybe 3 lbods a month that gave a barbed runic kit, pulling with 8 GM tailor/smiths twice a day.

I've been home more lately, many days pulling BODs three times but it's been 8-9 weeks since I pulled a brsk lbod.

I

imported_MaDProFF

In fact I would go as far to say now, even Barbed Runic Smalls are dropping far less now too

F

FishinFoolOTC

I will tell you what is realy a PITA and that is turning in an LBOD for a Barbed Kit and getting back a 10 normal cloth bod in return.

G

Greetings,

<blockquote><hr>

I've been looking at the BOD system, thinking about how we might improve it, and I have a few simple questions for those who collect BODs on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Both. Because I'm a compulsive crafter. Always loved the crafting part/freedom of UO. Got both BS and Tailoring at 120 collecting BOD's for both skills.</font>

<blockquote><hr>

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Valorite and Barbed of course and if I may add Heartwood. In fact Fletching and Carpentry should get a BOD system too. That would be fun with new kinds of rewards. About Valorite and Barbed. Considering the small chance of acctually creating something useful from the 15 charges/uses I think if I ever got one I'd be too hard to convince to even use it. Maybe make Arms Lore and Item ID at GM to make a crafter choose the mods and resistance values out of a certain base points to be given out. Like Valorite Hammer would give XX resistance points XX mods points then You could put them as You see fit. Then any crafter would gladly use their 15 charges/uses. Also crafted stuff would equal Artifacts. Today many Artifacts have made some bodyparts not needing crafted equipment. Not saying the Artifacts have ruined it or being too powerful, but crafting being to weak. Imagine being able to craft a full Armor of the look You prefer with the stats You like, not having to throw those uglu neon goggles on Your face. A crafter could take orders from players looking for a certain armor parts with a certain number of resistances and mods to complete their armor set.</font>

<blockquote><hr>

- too easy to get?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Stretched Hide Deeds.</font>
<blockquote><hr>

- are the most useful?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Valorite, Barbed and Heartwood if I ever got any. In fact I find Powder of Fortification to be very useful too and pretty balanced in the difficulty to obtain. Not flooded and not impossible. You get enough to acctually use them instead of being so rare that You just collect and show them off like most things in UO has become. That's the formula for usefulness, being able to get enough that You dare use them, but still hard enough not to waste them. Powder of Fortification chance to get and usefulness is perfectly balanced. Oh yes, Tailoring Bless deeds are useful but not too much since there isn't really that many cloth parts You wear and You can't bless Kasa of The Raj-In anyway. A bit too hard to obtain considering You might only bless one cloth part You wear. Probably a 95 Luck Robe or possibly those +3 resistance Robes and cloaks, unless they are blessed by default ??? What I mean is The value of them aren't in comparison to the difficulty to get them as the use of cloth today is very limited.</font>
<blockquote><hr>

- are the least useful?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Stretched Hide Deeds. I mean how many does a player need ???</font>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">I try to collect BOD's every 6 hrs for both skills with 2-3 characters (one on my friends Account if he's been too lazy to get them himself) if I'm home irl to log on. Once in a while I fill a bunch of BOD's and go and swap them in in hopes to get better. Soon 2 years of doing that with 2-3 characters still never been near to get all parts needed for Verite, Valorite or Barbed hammers/kits.</font>

I

imported_Hanna

Tailoring because smith only gets bad bods aside from the POF which I rarely ever get a bod for.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Upper level smith runics

- too easy to get?
+5 +10 Tailor Scroll, Hides, Mining Gloves - Useless pickaxes &amp; shovels Pickaxes easily obtained from gargoyles and my tinker makes just dandy shovels.

- are the most useful?
Barbed, Valerite runics, bless deeds, POF

- are the least useful?
completely useless are +5 tailor smith scrolls, pickaxes, shovels, Spinded Runics, Hides, +3 mining gloves - these items are regularly tossed in the trash or on the gound

Also tapestries, rugs, sandals have become worthless to get because after all these years everyone has them. Some new rewards would be nice

I used to collect 2-3 times a day, after change tried do the turn in for bod but only got more bad bods, some not worth even turning in for more bods until I eventually ran out of bod worth turning in for more bods and then i just gave up. So now when even I happen to log in my crafter.

J

Jayon

<blockquote><hr>

1. Both. They are both profitable.

2. High level blacksmith rewards are way too hard to get.

Nothing is actually too easy to get.

Bless deeds, 120 tailoring scolls, 120 blacksmith scrolls, runics higher than spined and bronze, high ASHs, powder and anvils is what I aim to get.

The rest isnt worth collecting. I toss the BODs that give those awards if the price to complete them is to high (for example, I do a 10 exep two handed axe SBOD, but not one with 20 exep shadow female plate).

3. Id say I get about 30-50 new BODs per day. All my characters have at least 0.1 tailoring and blacksmithing to get low level bods, I craft those to get higher ones.

The main problem with the BOD system, other than the high level blacksmith awards, is the fact that you get way to many tailoring SBODs compared to LBODs and the other way around for blacksmithing BODs. You'll end up with chests filled with SBODs without LBODs and LBODs without the SBODs to fill them.

I'd love some sort of sytem that made the low level rewards valuable as well. Some kind of point system maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW get out of my head!
lately I only get 2-3 a day though, lost interest.

M

mmmbeer05

1. i collect both types of bods.

2. any hammer above bronze WAY to tough to get
most useful obviously are the runics

3. i collect bods 3x daily

PS. for grins and giggles i added up the number of valorite bods i have in my posession--- THREE!!!! four years/3x daily and i have 3 val bods. WHAT A JOKE. bod system is as pathetic as the loot/luck system!

G

Up until 6 months ago I was doing Bod runs on 2 accounts, with 7 smiths and 2 tailors, was going to train the other 5 in tailoring, but one day I just stopped.

I was sick of getting low end Bod's iron weapons and cloth with tailoring, I was doing this every 6 hours, which was time consuming, I was trying to get a full set of every type of reward, which I never have.

As a result though have ended up with over 3k of Bod's of both type, I keep meaning to sort them, but get very bored with this very quickly, so have still to finish this.

I even tried when the Bod system changed, handing in low end Bod's in a hope to get better one, this was time consuming and used a lot of resources which in turn took a lot of time to get, the end result was it didn't get the desired result so I stopped that.

I've put in 20 Bod's in the last 2 months, and only the ones that gave the best chance of getting the powders of fortification for weapons and armour that I have, other than this I have lost interest in the Bod system.

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing Bod's? (Why?) *both* For the high end rewards, to use to make better armour and weapons, and to sell a few rewards to earn gold.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?

Smithing

Anvil's. Gold, Agapite, Verite, Valorite. (never seen a Valorite Bod)

Runic Hammers. Gold, Agapite, Verite, Valorite.

Ancient Hammers +30, +60.

Tailoring.

Bless deeds.

Horned and Barbed Runic sewing Kits.

- too easy to get?

Smithing

Study picks and shovels.

Gargoyle picks

Prospectors tools (my all time hate)

Dull Copper Runic hammer.

Tailoring

Coloured Cloth.

Coloured Sandles.

- are the most useful?

Runic items.

- are the least useful?

Smithing

Prospectors Tools and Gargoyle picks.

Tailoring

Coloured Sandles, Stretched Hides.

3. How many Bod's do you collect and turn in each day? (this is a difficult question to answer)

Don't collect anymore as Boded myself to death, and now only hand them in when I need a specific reward item.

When I was doing Bod runs, I was doing 3 runs a day on 7 characters for smithing, where I had the chance to get 21 Bod's, but it is very dependant on the type of Bod that are given, some days I was lucky to collect 3 good ones, on other days I would collect 6 to 7 good ones but these days were far and few between, towards the end of my Bod running days I would not collect anything under Copper.

With the Tailoring which I started very late in to my smithing runs, I was doing 6 tailor Bod runs a day along side my smithing runs, here I was collecting every Bod, at the end I was not collecting anything that was not Exceptional.

What stopped me doing the Bod runs and collecting Bods was continually getting Iron Bods of any type and Normal Cloth Bod's, I just got sick of getting the same all the time.

When the system was changed and you could hand in a Bod and get another Bod after this, I tried handing in many Bod's hoping to get good one's in return, but after handing in 25 and only getting 2 good in return, saw that this was a wasted effort and not worth the time to mine or gather the Regs needed to fill the bods.

I hope this helps

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

Prospectors tools (my all time hate)

[/ QUOTE ]I used them all the time any time I hit an iron deposit I turn it to dull copper.

G

I have been playing UO for 7 years and have every type of ore mapped out on uoauto map, so if I need a type or ore I go mine it, this tool has no use for me at all.

I am a little worried about the update to KR as of uoauto map not working, so may have to take a few screen shoots of the mapped ore areas from uoauto map so that I'll know the areas to mine, but as I said the prospectors tool has no use for me at all.

G

You still should be able to open your map and look at it to see where you want to go. It just wont show where you are and wont be able to drop or pick up markers.

G

Yes but it's not the same
I think UOAuto map is the best addon tool for so many different options, I will miss it greatly

G

1. Do you mainly do tailoring or blacksmithing BODs? (Why?) blacksmithing, I enjoy making armor more than clothes.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get? valorite hammers
- too easy to get? dull copper hammers
- are the most useful?
- are the least useful?
Most and least has become somewhat irrealavant not being able to make usefull
weapons and armor for sale. everyone wants the marties and arties. also I would like to be able to sell somewhere in britannia anything i can make.

3. How many BODs do you collect and turn in each day? Between 4 and 10 a day or until i run out of low ends or put all high ones on my vendors

K

Kestrel NV

<blockquote><hr>

Tailoring...the smithing is pointless for semi-casual player imo. From what I see...the ones that make the smith BOD system work for them in a way that is rewarding set up multiple smithy runners for BODS...that's not a game play style realistic or interesting to me. Tailoring also becuase the resources are less boring to come by. I never mind going out to collect leather and the clothe rewards that come from turning in tailor BODS cover what you need clothe wise. Mining is a drag for me personally
...short attention span.

2. Which rewards are:
- too hard to get?
Smith higher end.
- too easy to get?
Maybe Barbed Runics...not sure yet...just hit GM little while ago but already have multiple BODs for barbed and am only a couple shy for a couple Barbed kits.
- are the most useful?
Barbed I believe once I get them
. Powder, bless deeds, high end runic hammers, ASH.
- are the least useful?
All the tailor ones except Barbed Runic, Personal Bless and I like the idea of the reward clothe...just not most the colors.
When I'm really working my smith/tailor maybe 100 to 150. Just depends.