• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions concerning food in UO

P

Parsifal

Last night I was having a discussion with Gamlin regarding the need to eat food in game. Can someone fill me in as to the recent changes that have affected food intake?:bowdown:

Years ago it was necessary to consume in game food to help with Stamina regen and in some cases it was even helpfull with skill gain; especially during the old Power Hour gain system. :pancakes:

Now I do not see any added benifit to consuming food, even the Grapes of Wrath if you are at max damage increase. I do see a benifit with the enchanted apple to dislodge certain debuff spells but that is about it.

Any insight with this would be great!:eyes:

T

T_Amon_from_work

About all it does now is to help regen stam somewhat - actually damn little. It's nowhere near needed as in the days of yore except for RP I suppose.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
few months ago they said in a five on friday that it does absolutely nothing

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
few months ago they said in a five on friday that it does absolutely nothing
Yeah, I've had a few old-timers who have helped me a lot over the years, swear that you need to eat, but I recall the FoF that Restless mentions. I have not eaten anything in nearly two years and do quite well.

A

Azazel of LA

I notice that when I dont eat I fail more on casting and dont hit as much with my weapon. As soon as I fill myself up it seems I hit and cast A LOT BETTER. I think someone should send this in for FoF this week.

V

Vahne

I'm with Azazel on that one. Whenever I am hungry (say after a death) I tend to fail a lot on bard skills and high level casting. After I get myself full I definitely seem to be much more effective at both. And this is consistent, not once in a blue moon.

E

Evilminion

Throwing my lot in with Vahne and Az: I usually know it's time to eat when my 8th level spells start fizzling. :)

As opposed to the real world, where I know it's time to eat because I'm not asleep, heh. But then, that may have something to do with my essential pear shape...

A

Azazel of LA

Well Im glad Im not the only one who noticed this then , I think we should try finding out from a member of the Dev. team.