• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about pet control

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. What does happen with my [bonded or not bonded] pet that is [following me or in a stable or is my mount] if I [die or take off +taming/lore jewels or put taming/lore to a soulstone]?

2. When a pet die it looses 0.1 point in each skill. Is it a permanent loss or I can train it back?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Not sure what you mean when you die. Pretty much nothing

If you loose your control chance due to skill loss subsequent commands to pet will anger it until it goes wild, bonded or not

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Not sure what you mean when you die. Pretty much nothing
For example, I have 90 tame/lore + 30 tame/lore on jewels (120 total). And I have a Cu Sidhe and need 115 tame/lore to control it.

1. I died then got resurrected. Jewels are in my backpack so my skills are 90 atm. Is it go wild (if I don't use any commands to it)?

2a. I ride on Cu. I switched jewels to drink a potions. Is it go wild?
2b. I dismounted and commanded to the Cu to guard me. It is fighting vs a mob. I switched jewels to drink a potions. Is it go wild?

3. I decided to fight as a pure archer. So I stabled my Cu then put tame/lore to soulstones. Is it go wild?

P.S.
4. If for some reason my Cu have gone wild. It is easy to retame it, isn't it? Does it loss stats/skills in this case?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lack of taming/lore skill points only come into effect when you issue a command. So if you aren't wearing your jewels, don't command it.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Again yes same as above and as Petra repeated: lack of skill results in lower control chance which in turn means commands will fail, angering pet, lowering happiness.

In all your scenarios nothing happens if you dont issue commands. You will be able to retame effortlessly with correct skill again

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be able to retame effortlessly with correct skill again
IF your character is an elf. If you are relying on pads of the cu sidhe for a human char you will not be able to re-tame.
*has been called on more than once to re-tame a pet for a human cu sidhe owner*

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I wanted to try an archer with tame/lore (without veterinary) and use a Cu Sidhe only (as a shield and to additional damage). How long can it stand vs bosses? I have 120 chivalry and 20 spellweaving to heal it.
Have this a sense?
Will be a problem that my char is a human?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wanted to try an archer with tame/lore (without veterinary) and use a Cu Sidhe only (as a shield and to additional damage). How long can it stand vs bosses? I have 120 chivalry and 20 spellweaving to heal it.
Have this a sense?
Will be a problem that my char is a human?

Cu will not last long at all like that imo. GD will last a heck of alot longer. Even adding vet to the temp (which is EASILY done these days with 820+ skill point temps being common) the Cu would still not be able to tank the higher end stuff.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, it should be able to do that on most of them. But with a Cu on second level you need to have a GOOD area effect spell or it will go down pretty fast to a mob of critters with your limited ways to heal it.