• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) (Question)

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Taking the no recall, or sacred journey rule of Siege into account, I was just wondering if this template would be effective at both player vs. player and player vs. monster.

120 Mace Fighting
120 Mysticism
120 Resisting Spells
90 Magery
90 Focus
90 Tactics
90 Evaluating Intelligence

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :beer:

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'll be playable, but you'll be mana starved and your magery heals will be less efficient.

I'd drop eval and split the 90 points into the other skills, but it depends on how you want to play.

Run me through a fight, how do you see yourself killing something?

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It'll be playable, but you'll be mana starved and your magery heals will be less efficient.

I'd drop eval and split the 90 points into the other skills, but it depends on how you want to play.

Run me through a fight, how do you see yourself killing something?
Interesting concept Wulf2k, if I was using Magery basically just for gating that would make sense completely. Well, when it comes to a fight it really depends on the adversity I would be facing. Having to re-acquaint myself with the spells offered in Mysticism. If for instance I had a Rising Colossus fighting something (monster(s)) for me, and was attacked by a player though? There would be no running, hopefully I would see them coming; if not so lucky though I would probably start fighting melee and level my health out (either through leech or healing spells, does evaluating intelligence affect Magery heal strength?) then start kicking-out fast spells if I was fighting a spellcaster. Hoping that would provide an opening for a bit longer to cast spell, or a combo; this is assuming I wasn't annihilated by a stealther or plainly a more skilled player. If I have to defend myself so be it, but I don't necessarily jump people unless its more then one; they would also probably have to be trying to kill one player too. It all really depends, I definitely believe in holding my ground, and helping those in need. Along with hunting monsters for supplies.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Magery spells that are unaffected by eval int:
Create Food
Heal
Cure
Magic Trap
Remove Trap
Protection
Magic Lock
Poison
Telekinesis
Teleport
Unlock
Wall of Stone
Archcure
Archprotection
Greater Heal
Blade Spirits
Dispel Field
Incognito
Magic Reflection
Mind Blast
Poison Field
Summon Creature
Dispel
Invisibility
Mark
Paralyze Field
Reveal
Energy Field
Gate Travel
Mass Dispel
Polymorph
Energy Vortex
Resurrection
Summon xxx
If you're attacked by a player, use your weapon special to disarm or paralyze them. Spam poison to keep them poisoned and cast mind blast in between weapon swings. If you get in trouble, teleport to safety or invis. Heals are only affected by magery, so 120 magery for best heals. Can cast poison field and try to fight from within it. Your dex/int split would determine whether you're a dexxer that casts or a caster that dex....xes.

With 90 eval int you will have weak offensive spells. You will not be paralyzing or cursing anybody that has resisting spells. Your "damage per mana spent" will be lower than anybody with 120 eval int.

Mind blast is based purely on magery and casts quickly enough. You will not be killing anybody with it alone, but it can interrupt offensive spellcasters and contribute to damage while you whack them with your stick. Poison is also based purely on your magery. Keep spamming poison and whacking them with your stick, they can never heal if they're always poisoned.

Mysticism could fill in the gaps of the above strategy depending on your available mana and playstyle.

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wow, that's pretty in-depth man, much appreciated. Knowing that about evaluating intelligence really puts Mage/Mystic strategy into perspective. I guess I'd just hold meditation in evaluating intelligence's place until I can get those high-end Powerscrolls. That will cost, what, 200ish million?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not up on the economic situation of the top end scrolls these days, but I'd be surprised if it cost more than 100 mill to buy 120s for all of your listed skills.

Of course, I was never really one for buying scrolls. Buy some dirt-cheap 110s and then do spawns till you get the 115s/120s yourself.

Dust_Priest

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sounds good, once again thank you for sharing the knowledge man. Will come to be very helpful once I get started.