• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question: You have slayed an innocent?

P

Pom Pom

Ok, so a falsehood NPC steals from me. I then kill said NPC. It gives me the message that I slayed an innocent (as well as losing karma I might add). If the said NPC stole from me, how am I slaying an innocent? I mean if I kill one of them for absolutely no reason at all, then yes, I am indeed slaying an innocent. This inquiring mind would love to know.

(Of course this is really of no importance in the grand scheme of things, I am just very curious! LOL)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the same thing when I killed one. Since when is someone who steals from you innocent LOL

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my understanding you're supposed to be helping the "tainted" townsfolk, as opposed to slaughtering them. They don't steal "of their own accord" so much as they do due to their "infection".

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, what BB said.

But my tamer and necro-mage have killed countless innocents. The funniest was when I got my 50 SSI bow, a townsperson immediately ran up to me and snagged the bow.

I nearly cried in memory of the old days when it would have been a player that did that! (Actually, it was the memory of when I would do that to other players, but that's a different thread entirely) It would only have been more beautiful if the NPC yelled out "YOINK!" and then tried to sell it back to me.

Naturally, I killed the thief and a few other townsfolk in the process.

My healer (spellweaving mage) actually gets mad at people for killing the possessed townsfolk. Those that don't know I'm only roleplaying give very funny reactions to that as well.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, then throwing around EVs, accidents will happen - I try hard to spare the people - even the thieves - but there's not much of a window to throw out a dispel if a berzerk civilian charges into the middle of a fight (or gypsies that spawn in the middle of the graveyard).

I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do to atone for these yet ... the knowledge that I am helping more than I hurt isn't enough for my conscience.

P

Prince Caspian

Likewise, I've had times when a red attacks me, and I whack him with a bolt or two and it says I have slain the innocent....

...how is he innocent if he attacked me?

Are we truly in control of our actions? (Goes off to read Gestault)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, then throwing around EVs, accidents will happen - I try hard to spare the people - even the thieves - but there's not much of a window to throw out a dispel if a berzerk civilian charges into the middle of a fight (or gypsies that spawn in the middle of the graveyard).

I haven't quite figured out what I am going to do to atone for these yet ... the knowledge that I am helping more than I hurt isn't enough for my conscience.
This would make great fiction. ;)

P

Prince Caspian

Well I for one don't mourn Humphrey the Rancher. He tried to hit me with a shepard crook.

He was prolly guilty of somethin'.

K

Kiminality

Momentum strike is rather indiscriminate, I'd like to point out.
I think, if there is a consequence, I'm going to be bitten squarely in the arse by it.

Well, that and the fact I ran into the place with all the paladins in Trinsic, during a falsehood stage.
Ten minutes of item reclamation later, and I'm still nots sure I got everything back.