• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question... Soulstones & Hera

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With my Hera Account, I had a house on the Brit/GZ Border [about 2 screens East of Anissa's near the Brit Pass].

This house is now gone and Hera isn't listed in UO.com, I'm attempting to contact the person I sold it too, but I haven't had any luck. My questions are as follows:

1) Does anyone know when the house fell (I'm assuming it fell). Where the soulstones there?
I had somewhere around 8 soulstones and 6 Frags. Stealing, Snooping, Hiding, Stealth, Necro, SS, Detect Hidden, poisoning were some of the skills that would have been on them.

2) Does any know who purchased the Hera account and is are you still in contact or have a contact method for them?

I'm interested in purchasing the account back if it still has the soulstones/etc.

It's 1/2 tempting to see if I can get it back through EA since I sold it with like 3+ months of time left on it and I don't think whom-ever bought it played past that. But that's general ******-baggery and shady at best.

I have another account that I held onto, but I'm really interested in the skillset Hera had...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With my Hera Account, I had a house on the Brit/GZ Border [about 2 screens East of Anissa's near the Brit Pass].

This house is now gone and Hera isn't listed in UO.com, I'm attempting to contact the person I sold it too, but I haven't had any luck. My questions are as follows:

1) Does anyone know when the house fell (I'm assuming it fell). Where the soulstones there?
I had somewhere around 8 soulstones and 6 Frags. Stealing, Snooping, Hiding, Stealth, Necro, SS, Detect Hidden, poisoning were some of the skills that would have been on them.

2) Does any know who purchased the Hera account and is are you still in contact or have a contact method for them?

I'm interested in purchasing the account back if it still has the soulstones/etc.

It's 1/2 tempting to see if I can get it back through EA since I sold it with like 3+ months of time left on it and I don't think whom-ever bought it played past that. But that's general ******-baggery and shady at best.

I have another account that I held onto, but I'm really interested in the skillset Hera had...

I think thatd be wrong of you to do. You sold it, reguardless if they played past the 3 months... They did purchase it and now own it. Indian Seller?

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think thatd be wrong of you to do. You sold it, reguardless if they played past the 3 months... They did purchase it and now own it. Indian Seller?
Hence my comments about 1/2 tempting, ******baggery & shady at best, I would never go through with it because I'm not that type of person, but nothing says I can't think about it.

Ironic that you of all people are commenting on what's 'wrong to do' & and then tossing in a borderline racial slur [I prefer "seller's remose"], but let's not derail the thread just yet, a free bump is a free bump. :)

I'm truly hoping I can get it touch with the new owner and get it back, if that's not the case than I'm just SoL. :( As I stated, I do have another account, I just really prefer the skillset on Hera.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hera isn't listed in UO.com

What do mean by isn't listed? Is there some procedure on the UO.com site
finding a name and information about that name?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hera isn't listed in UO.com

What do mean by isn't listed? Is there some procedure on the UO.com site
finding a name and information about that name?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
You can do a 'character search' for character names on a particular shard on UO.com. Hera doesn't come up anymore, as well as her house is gone. I also received notification [because user didn't change email address associated with account] that it was expiring 7 months ago.

Now of course this doesn't mean the name wasn't changed, but since I sold the account to someone from my advertising on Stratics I would assume 1 of 3 things.

1) Account isn't active anymore [hence not able to find 'Hera' in the char search] & User no longer reads stratics.
2) New User Changed Name, acct is still active & New User Still Reads Stratics [Most likely situation I would think] But I would hope the new user would at least contact me saying "No, you can't have it back." Considering I've PM'd, & Icq'd account I think it was as well as emailing the address the paypal payment came from.
3) New User Changed Name, acct is still active & No Longer Reads Stratics [Highly unlikely, once you go stratics, it's like a bad rash, it always seems to come back. :)]

Thus my inquiries...

O

Ole Cheapy

Hence my comments about 1/2 tempting, ******baggery & shady at best, I would never go through with it because I'm not that type of person, but nothing says I can't think about it.
Anything that comes about in this world must first start with a "thought". Thinking about it is just as wrong as doing it as far as I'm concerned. *shrugs*

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything that comes about in this world must first start with a "thought". Thinking about it is just as wrong as doing it as far as I'm concerned. *shrugs*
You mean to tell me you've NEVER had a thought that was inappropriate? Never once thought 'Man it would be so easy to... <insert something not so wonderful here>' or 'She's Hot, I'd like to #^!% her' while married or seeing someone else? I find that HIGHLY doubtful.

To quote a line from Prince's songs 'Electric Chair' & 'Batdance':
If a man is considered guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes.

O

Ole Cheapy

You mean to tell me you've NEVER had a thought that was inappropriate? Never once thought 'Man it would be so easy to... <insert something not so wonderful here>' or 'She's Hot, I'd like to #^!% her' while married or seeing someone else? I find that HIGHLY doubtful.

To quote a line from Prince's songs 'Electric Chair' & 'Batdance':
If a man is considered guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes.
Nowhere in my post did I say I have never done anything wrong, that is your own bad interpretation. Puff was just pointing out to you that it was wrong for "you" to do what "you" were thinking about doing. Unfortunately for you, I'm the one one trial here, you are. :)

Besides, this is not about anyone "convicting" you for any crime, it's not even about legal or illegal, it's about morals and ethics. And your post shows the measurement of yours. ;)

P.S....what did you expect? You know our sarcastic battle has been going on for years! :)

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nowhere in my post did I say I have never done anything wrong, that is your own bad interpretation. Puff was just pointing out to you that it was wrong for "you" to do what "you" were thinking about doing. Unfortunately for you, I'm the one one trial here, you are. :) [I won't even mention that fact how much you screwed up that statement, missed and not and type one twice, but I got your drift... and oh wait, I just mentioned it, damn...] :)

Besides, this is not about anyone "convicting" you for any crime, it's not even about legal or illegal, it's about morals and ethics. And your post shows the measurement of yours. ;)

P.S....what did you expect? You know our sarcastic battle has been going on for years! :)
Well, first off, Puffy is the LAST person to be pointing out the wrong-doings of ANYONE, with the possible exception of Satan. Second, there is no wrong-doing yet, I have not done anything in respects to reclaiming the account, short of saying it was 1/2 tempting to try it. Once again if thinking about it is a crime, then might as well lock me up now... Also I feel obligated to mention something about 'glass houses.'

Third, I expected nothing less of you, but you're slipping, you said I was the one on trial and then went on to say it's not about 'convicting.' Gonna have to steal from WoW lingo and say "EPIC FAIL." :) [And c'mon, look at the quote, you missed 'not' also you typed one twice, I got the drift, but please, don't be in such a rush to bring down your holy wrath, take your time, I'll be here... Not like I'd go and get banned and go to another board and spout crap about how horrid this board is or anything...]

And finally I think my post does show the measurement of my ethics and morals, instead of actually going ahead and actually doing what I said was 1/2 tempted to do, I decided to make a post asking if anyone knew the owner, and circumstances regarding the account. The last thing I want to do is buy back the account and end up with a character in the middle of no-where without the stonestones/etc I thought I was repurchasing back! Or if the new owner says "Yea I cancelled the acct, didn't store anything and let it die, I'll sell it back to you for a song and a dance." it would be nice to know if someone found those soulstones & frags...

O

Ole Cheapy

I just don't know who I like picking on more, you are blackstain...errrr I mean rain. :)

R

Rykus

Wow, first time I've seen moral high ground that exists below sea level... Too *#$&%!# funny... LOL

Good to see you around again Hera, if only on the boards. I haven't been in UO for quite a while, but still enjoy watching what goes on here.

You gonna check out Darkfall by chance?

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, first time I've seen moral high ground that exists below sea level... Too *#$&%!# funny... LOL

Good to see you around again Hera, if only on the boards. I haven't been in UO for quite a while, but still enjoy watching what goes on here.

You gonna check out Darkfall by chance?
Yea, that's the plan, I swing by their site every now and then. Haven't for a while, is there any sort of solid release date yet? Still trying to figure out if I really want to start up again, I'm using a 'free trial' account to scope things out and looks like I'm firing up the mage I have as I've had no luck with the Hera Account.

We'll see, I might return for a bit, and let me know which server you're playing in DF... when it goes live.